Not Toying Around is bugged

in Wintersday

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

So if you get Toypocalypse Cancelled, I guess you automatically get Not Toying Around, regardless of how close you are to getting it naturally.

I got Toypocalypse on my first run, but I had died twice during the run, both times to Toxx, so on the final round fighting Toxx I was at 47/50. As soon as Toxx went down the group got Toypocalypse Cancelled we all got Not Toying Around as well and it was all our first run and everyone had died at least once.

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

in Wintersday

Posted by: Wrinn.1802

Wrinn.1802

Read what the achievement says. The Toypocalypse canceled achievement is made if you survive 8-10 rounds with all 5 doliacs alive.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

Read what the achievement says. The Toypocalypse canceled achievement is made if you survive 8-10 rounds with all 5 doliacs alive.

Which has nothing to do with Not Toying Around which is survive 50 rounds of Toypocalypse. Read what the post says.

• Each wave is 5 rounds
  • There are 10 waves.
  • So 50 rounds per play of Toypocalypse

You get Toypocalypse Cancelled if you complete Wave 10 and all 5 Dolyaks are alive. You can die at any point prior to that and still get the achievement so long as the Dolyaks are alive.

However, each round you die in removes that round from the progress towards Not Toying Around. You could die 10 times before finishing Wave 10 and be at 40/50 on the achievement.

The bug is that if you finish Toypocalypse Cancelled you will automatically receive Not Toying Around regardless of your actual progress in that achievement.

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

(edited by Braxxis.7062)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Eternis.1746

Eternis.1746

I can confirm this happened to my roommate…not that I’m complaining. This thing looks awful. Does this still happen now that there’s only 1 doylak that needs to be saved? He did all 5 and got both achievements. On his first try too that lucky kitten.

Edit: To be clear, he did this when it took all 5 Doylaks to be saved to get the achievement. Is this still bugged with the re-work?

(edited by Eternis.1746)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Link.4607

Link.4607

I was under the impression that ‘survive 50 rounds,’ you just had to not fail. My team failed the first run. No one had any idea what was going on. But I still got ~7/50 in that track. The next time through it it went straight to 8/50. So we didn’t even have to do it all in one bout.

There are five rounds (or whatever they were called) per level. Even if you die, as long as the team doesn’t lose you’ll get another point.