Only 2 of the 5 mini pets per person?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Borikitty.1302

Borikitty.1302

Okay so I did the daily “city” things and got 2 mini’s and the box today but still short 50 cogs and 250 stuffing to finish a 3rd mini. I went to today to the instance to see if I could get a “daily” cogs/stuffing for doing Tixx instance. I got a choice of gift boxes instead. So the game is designed that you are bound to only having 2 mini’s no matter what? The only way to get the baby quagan is to pay for 2 more .. turn them into the mystic forge and get one mini pet? I was hoping to get all 5 then choose 4 to lose to make the quagan pet and keep something like the griffon one at the end. I wish I knew we only able to get enough materials for 2 as I would have picked different mini’s.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

the mini’s you get from tixx do not make a baby quaggan- you need the minis from the boxes for that

Gunnar’s Hold

in Wintersday

Borikitty.1302

Which mini’s from the boxes? The one that looks like a Christmas Tree and that sort of thing? If that’s the case that’s even worse.. ( > . < )
Still though I wish I had more warning that I couldn’t make all 5 pets. I really wanted that griffon after I saw it. Now I"m stuck with the toy soldier and princess without a face.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

The quaggan isn’t made from the toys you make from the dungeon, it’s made from 3 minis obtained through the mystery boxes sold in the gem store + the stuffing.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in Wintersday

Borikitty.1302

I’m still frustrated that we can’t make all 5 of the mini’s I have frames for..

in Wintersday

Posted by: Culwenimos.1594

Culwenimos.1594

Only a maximum 2 minipets and 3 Endless Tonics can be made.

The 200 extra cogs you have (so I was told) was a compensation for those who received no cogs when the Tixx Dungeon first came out. But keep them until the end of the event, just in case.

in Wintersday

Borikitty.1302

Where was it said that you could only make 2 mini’s though? What’s the point of having 5 frames when you can only make 2? I don’t ever recall reading anything official on that. Link please?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Naoko.7096

Naoko.7096

You can only get 500 cogs at max (200 extra to compensate people with bug).
With the remaining 3 frames, you can craft endless tonic (unlimited uses).

Each mini ingredients: 250 cogs + 250 glue + 250 wads + a frame
100% success rate. You can only craft 2 minis with the limited cogs.

Each endless tonic ingredients: 50 glue + 50 wads + 1 pile of glittering dust + a frame
10~25% success rate. You can recycle the frame if failed. You can buy the glue and wads in TP. It’s RNG. Some may acquire in 1 try. Others may acquire in 50+ tries.

RNG what makes it fun as long as it’s doable.

For me, I’m not into collecting minis so I made all 5 frames into endless tonic since it’s more fun. I decided to acquire griffin plushie for fun so I bought the toy frame from the merchant. I got 5 endless tonic and a griffin plushie now.

in Wintersday

Borikitty.1302

.. still doesn’t answer the question. Where did Arenanet mention the max on cogs, etc.? Can you provide a link to the official release on that? I’m interested in getting the griffon plushie. I already have the toy soldier and the princess.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

I think the system for those five is absolutely ok. Make 2 out of 5 and if you definitely want to have the other ones buy them for gems. They got a certain price, they are not cheap but you know exactely what you get. I mean they could have made all of them avaiable for gems only, so the two are a gift and I’m pretty fine with that.

@Culwenimos: bleh I was just searching it.

<— too slow :P

(edited by Pirlipat.2479)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Culwenimos.1594

Culwenimos.1594

Dev post

This is where I saw it.

in Wintersday

Borikitty.1302

Ugh a buried dev post in some random thread that if I didn’t read (but read every single official announcement) I’m totally screwed? Great.. Anyway, I Appreciate you finding the buried post.

in Wintersday

Naoko.7096

.. still doesn’t answer the question. Where did Arenanet mention the max on cogs, etc.? Can you provide a link to the official release on that? I’m interested in getting the griffon plushie. I already have the toy soldier and the princess.

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wintersday/Tixx-Minipets/first

You’ll have enough to make any two you’d like if you play all five days.

You can only make 2 out of 5 with the limited cogs.
As for the remaining 3, you can buy from the cash shop.

in Wintersday

Borikitty.1302

It’s still a forum post in reply to someone’s question. NOT part of the official write up. For those of us who did daily’s (each city each day) and doing a mini right from the point we could make them we could have had more warning to be selective about which ones to do. It’s utterly annoying to find out AFTER I chose them that I could not finish my collection.

in Wintersday

Posted by: docledd.9682

docledd.9682

It was stated. Why this would elicit an official response is beyond me. It was said there are 5 distinct events and thats it. Anyone with first grade math could have realized the total number of cogs after day one.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

Which mini’s from the boxes? The one that looks like a Christmas Tree and that sort of thing? If that’s the case that’s even worse.. ( > . < )
Still though I wish I had more warning that I couldn’t make all 5 pets. I really wanted that griffon after I saw it. Now I"m stuck with the toy soldier and princess without a face.

Be happy, you can still BUY them for ONLY 350 gems EACH from the gem store. (Yeas, I’m sarcastic)

Before the event they said you could make the toys (without saying how many of them).
Then they said in a single post in a single topic on the forum that you could only build 2 (“in your face, you non-forum users”)
Luckily enough I waited to build my minis and found out how cute is the griffon.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

It was stated. Why this would elicit an official response is beyond me. It was said there are 5 distinct events and thats it. Anyone with first grade math could have realized the total number of cogs after day one.

Never stated that you could not do them multiple times.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

So anyone could have worked out that 5 dungeons times 100 cogs a time equals 700 cogs? Funny maths you have there

in Wintersday

Naoko.7096

It’s still a forum post in reply to someone’s question. NOT part of the official write up. For those of us who did daily’s (each city each day) and doing a mini right from the point we could make them we could have had more warning to be selective about which ones to do. It’s utterly annoying to find out AFTER I chose them that I could not finish my collection.

The person who reply is one of the devs.
But yeah, they should post it on the official web for better communication with the players. Few of my guildmates didn’t know they could only craft 2 too.