Only 200 magic coggs from tixx in LA ?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Wrinn.1802

Wrinn.1802

Hey, so I noticed that tixx gives you 200 cogs to use for another toy perhaps. My question is if you get another 50 by doing something else, because you need 250 for a toy. Can anyone shed some light on this topic ?

in Wintersday

Posted by: YaHiKoDrG.3467

YaHiKoDrG.3467

Ya this would be great to know because just seems like 200 cogs is a tease and a waste of inventory space. We had devs saying at the start of Wintersday that you could only get 2/5 pets, is that still the case and if so what else can we use these cogs for then?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Save them for next year? lol.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

You could maybe use them to make the transform tonics with the other 3 toy pieces you have. I’m not sure what that needs though.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

The cogs aren’t used for endless forge attempt tonics.

in Wintersday

Posted by: YaHiKoDrG.3467

YaHiKoDrG.3467

You could maybe use them to make the transform tonics with the other 3 toy pieces you have. I’m not sure what that needs though.

nope, if you put 1 frame into the mystic forge the others grey out

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

So then I guess the 200 cogs are useless? Lel.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

So then I guess the 200 cogs are useless? Lel.

I’d hold onto them for a few days yet; it’s possible the reward is bugged and giving 200 instead of 250, and that they’ll somehow supply you the missing 50 cogs at some point.

in Wintersday

Posted by: BaZomic.8392

BaZomic.8392

This is outrageous!!! haha jk

But yeah, dev said we will only be able to create two out of the 5 when wintersday started so I picked up the others on the TP. If that wasn’t true I want my money back for one of the pets i purchased!

GW2 for the win!

in Wintersday

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Was this in addition to the ones from the previous days? Or was this from doing one of the other days (which you didn’t do when it was available)?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Wintersday

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

But yeah, dev said we will only be able to create two out of the 5 when wintersday started so I picked up the others on the TP. If that wasn’t true I want my money back for one of the pets i purchased!

He said you’d be able to make 2 out of the 5 pets by playing all five days. He didn’t say anything – positive or negative – about afterwards.

in Wintersday

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

They never said that. They said if you did the each of the five stops you’d have enough for two of the minipets. They never said there were no other ways to get more cogs.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Wintersday

Posted by: Winther.7108

Winther.7108

Purchased the last 3 from TP, so will be annoyed if they decide to give us mats for more. Will have wasted gems aka hard earned (mindless grinding) gold.

Aurora Glade // Vanguard of Divinity’s Reach

in Wintersday

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

The 200 cogs was from Tixx in Lion’s Arch, just open a chest and poof, cogs.

I already had 500 cogs from running dungeons in other cities, so unless I can get 50 more, these are a complete waste. Can’t do anything with them except sell to vendor for 2 whole silver.

I’m not angry, just really confused. And hoping that maybe I’ll somehow be able to get another 50 cogs somewhere.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Would be nice if we could convert extra frames into cogs or something…seems like I have lots of extra account bond stuff with no uses for.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Wintersday

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

Well, you can convert extra frames into tonics. So there’s that, at least.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Caprila.4951

Caprila.4951

Also a bit confused about this, seems odd to give 200 cogs instead of 250.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lacechan.6524

Lacechan.6524

The 200 Mystical Cogs were in the chest as compensation for people who got hit by diminishing returns in the dungeon.

From the interview here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2xfliD6QGQ&t=36m5s

in Wintersday

Posted by: Wrinn.1802

Wrinn.1802

At first I thought that you maybe get cogs out of the Toypocalypse event but that’s not so. Either way I’m holding on to these. Mabe it’s a bug or maybe not, but there is no point in throwing them away.

Edit: Seen the link Lace posted. Oh, now I get it. Fair enough then i’ll still hold onto it. Maybe next year I can get the others

(edited by Wrinn.1802)