Opened 101 boxes

Opened 101 boxes

in Wintersday

Posted by: Henqquli.5078

Henqquli.5078

So I wanted to do a little research towards Giant wintersday gift boxes.
I had 101 boxes and results are:

88 Ugly shirts
12 Flawless snowflakes
1 lvl 400 recipe

That added me total 145 ugly shirts, so I bought 36 small ones.

8 Tiny snowflakes
1 lvl 275 recipe
27 Ugly socks

I am only unlucky one here? x__x

Opened 101 boxes

in Wintersday

Posted by: lisamee.2408

lisamee.2408

Its a very tiny chance to get the bell and endless tonic, and based on a lottery. After i hunted boxes in the world for 3-4 days straight i still did not find the bell or tonic. During my adventures of box hunting i made a little over 2 gold, so i bought 200 small boxes from the TP. And i was very lucky to get the endless tonic!

But beware, because i bought another 200 boxes and did not get a super prize. So now what i do is try to farm gold just to use for boxes, so i wont deplete all my savings.

Opened 101 boxes

in Wintersday

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I’ve opened close to 2000 or more presents and all junk like sweaters, snowflakes, skins and recipes that I don’t want.

Opened 101 boxes

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ceriph.3518

Ceriph.3518

I’ve opened over 5000 boxes (all different sizes) and just got a bunch of weapon skins and snow flakes….and like 21 of the consumable bells….the unbreakable bell has something like a .01 drop rate, 5000 more boxes to go

Opened 101 boxes

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ailar.7941

Ailar.7941

See, and this is why I won’t even bother farming anything during one of these events. If there’s any activity with a clearly defined reward (like Tixx’s toy shop), I’ll do it if I consider the reward worth getting, but trusting the RNG in this game? No way whatsoever.

I’ve never been very lucky in MMOs to begin with, and with what looks like abysmal drop rates, my time is much better spent elsewhere.

edit
Just for completeness’ sake: I’ve probably opened around 100 boxes of varying sizes so far (didn’t count them), and got one weapon skin (the toy sword, which is actually pretty cool), a few crafting materials (snow flakes of various sizes), and the rest is the usual assortment of old sweaters, socks and hats.

(edited by Ailar.7941)

Opened 101 boxes

in Wintersday

Posted by: Rufus Shinra.2351

Rufus Shinra.2351

How the hell can you get 5000 boxes? Did you loot them of just bought them out of the TP?

I opened over 100 giant gifts and all I got was snowflakes (not even 400) and shirts. So you’re not so unlucky

Opened 101 boxes

in Wintersday

Posted by: HERO.2057

HERO.2057

I’ve opened nearly 1000 giant gifts, and nothing yet

I’ve been farming the JP since 08:30 AM, and it’s now 17:22.

It’s all about luck, I might not get the bell, but at least I tried.

Electronic Empire [eE]
———
Commander of Blacktide

Opened 101 boxes

in Wintersday

Posted by: Xuthus.8103

Xuthus.8103

Opened 1,000 Boxes.

Got my Endless Tonic in my 270th Lucky Box.. _ 270th on-wards are not that good. Hope i stopped.

Attachments:

Opened 101 boxes

in Wintersday

Posted by: Saturn L O L.1406

Saturn L O L.1406

Sorry to be offtopic: Xuthus, you got 251g but such a terrible bag space ?

And back on topic: Vanity items will always be random, you’d be better of jsut farming money in the real time to buy the item as a whole isntead of gambling to get it

Opened 101 boxes

in Wintersday

Posted by: Rakenclaw.3508

Rakenclaw.3508

5000 boxes? That’s hard to believe. You been in the Snowball Mayhem instance non stop since the start of Wintersday?

Opened 101 boxes

in Wintersday

Posted by: Highvoltage.7946

Highvoltage.7946

@Saturn L O L, thats why he has 251g, duh!

Opened 101 boxes

in Wintersday

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I’ve opened too many to keep track.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Opened 101 boxes

in Wintersday

Posted by: Xuthus.8103

Xuthus.8103

@Saturn L O L., It’s not how many space you got. But, it’s how well you use it…

Topic: I opened Giant Boxes btw. But Admins says, small, medium, large and giant have the same % on it. So if you not aiming for the high mats from giant boxes. Buy/Trade only small boxes for bell and tonic purpose. Goodluck…