Permanent Hair Stylist Contract

in Wintersday

Posted by: SallyStitches.4096

SallyStitches.4096

Is this only available through the rare Wintersday boxes, or does it also drop from Black Lion Chests? Has anyone even gotten a rare Wintersday box as a drop?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Gliss.9713

Gliss.9713

I have a thread for that last question, and after 2000 views, no. No one has had one drop yet.

As for the Stylists, I believe those are only from the Black Lion chests.

in Wintersday

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

Thought I read somewhere that someone got one from a giant wintersday gift.

Edit: I’m wrong that was the endless toy maker tonic i was thinking about.

(edited by PlagueParade.7942)

in Wintersday

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

I really want one of these because it is a feature that give me the freedom to change hair styles whenever I want. Without it I would be stuck with the cash shop option which costs 5.5g each time and that price is rising. That is not freedom.

Unfortunately at this point it seems rather impossible to get. I don’t have $100+ to spend on gems → gold and ever since the death of Cursed Shore I have no way to earn that kind of gold ingame in such short notice without A LOT of luck.

Hopefully this is not an exclusive item that starts at a high price and only goes up at a nearly unreachable speed.

Its just too great a feature.

I really hope they up the drop rate of those rare wintersday boxes. Because lets face it, me spending the last of my gold on them in the shop will not get me the stylist kit, all it would do is ensnare my (futile) race to match its price. However, increasing the supply could make the price become more manageable.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Its just far, far too expensive to even warrant a purchase. It’s almost already a similar price to cheaper legendaries. Just to change hair? I’d sooner delete my character and start afresh.

I’m hoping AN develop some way of reducing their price.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Wintersday

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

I opened a loooot of gift boxes from the TP, really, a lot of money was spent for this…
I got a lot of minipets, no complains here – but what I was buying them for was the quaggan-mini, but in any case for the hairstylekit.

After a huge amount of boxes, and way too much money, I neither got a mini quaggan, nor did I get the hairstylekit. (got the quaggan from the mystic forge instead)

I understand that they’re extremely rare, but after the amount of boxes (AND money) I wasted trying I doubt that they’re really in there. I haven’t seen one myself nor did I hear of someone who got any of these two items.

Trahearne <3

in Wintersday

SallyStitches.4096

So they drop only from the rare Wintersday boxes, not the presents, correct?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Shoiba.2980

Shoiba.2980

I was one of the lucky few who got the permanent hairstyle in the rare wintersday box after the 50th+ try

Value has a value only if its value is valued.
~~Fake Russian Full of Lies~~

in Wintersday

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Does it really only drop from the wintersday boxes? It really seems like a blc kind of item (or does it drop from both?)

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Wintersday

Posted by: Avengersoul.8256

Avengersoul.8256

It drops from the wintersday boxes, says it in the patch notes. I’d guess it will eventually make it to the Black Lion chests but right now it’s one of those things that everyone wants and they have it set up so people spends loads of cash to get it.

Yak’s Bend

(edited by Avengersoul.8256)

in Wintersday

kuscheldrow.6415

50 trys only? Lucky you… -.-"
I’ve had way more and guess what? Nothing…

Trahearne <3

in Wintersday

SallyStitches.4096

I should have bought one when they were 99g, I am kicking myself now. I am female, so naturally, I like changing my character’s hair. In another MMO I played, I did it quite often, same with another RPG I played that had an option to change your hair (or facial features, even) whenever you wanted. This item would be perfect for me. Please make this available in the gem store, ANet. I would gladly buy it.

in Wintersday

Posted by: TabMorte.5297

TabMorte.5297

I don’t foresee these super treats being in the gem store. They’re supposed to be uber rare and available only by chance.

Golemancy 101: total and complete catastrophic
failure is still a monumental success, assuming
losses remain within acceptable parameters.

in Wintersday

DarkWasp.7291

And now they are listing at 400g…

Welcome to Caesar’s Palace Wintersday Celebration! We crush dreams on short notice and will gladly take your time and money!

I might as well just stop farming now…

in Wintersday

SallyStitches.4096

Well if anyone gets one, and is kind enough and in the Wintersday spirit and wants to sell it to me for a good price, I’d be grateful.

in Wintersday

Jabberwock.9014

These items are way too easy to market manipulate. I was actually going to buy one but was 20g short. Can kiss that goodbye.

in Wintersday

DarkWasp.7291

On the bright side, buy orders around 160g seem to be doing better than the 200g+ sell orders.

Still, I wish I could just get it and enjoy the rest of the event. I would trade all of my wintersday items (including minipets) just to have this.

in Wintersday

Posted by: rainletter.3659

rainletter.3659

I received one from a Mystery Wintersday box in the gem store. I was planning on selling it last night so that I could afford an unbreakable bell choir, but this seems way more valuable apparently.

The Sixth Station [SIX] @ Tarnished Coast

Stormreach in Tyria

in Wintersday

kuscheldrow.6415

I just bought mine for 250G (Yeah, it was me, sorry guys ^^")
Had to get every available penny from my characters and still borrow a few gold from a friend. Now I’m farming like hell to pay it back quickly. I hate to owe someone money or alike.

250G did hurt, but before they go up to 400 again… x_X

I wish you all luck to get it for a decent price. I’m playing around with it, and all my dyes a lot. This is juuuuuust great for Sylvari.

As for the bell, it’s 20G less than yesterday.

Trahearne <3

in Wintersday

Jabberwock.9014

Eh I’m thinking they’ll go down again. There was a mad rush, but there are a lot of poor people who might find this in their first box and decide to sell it because they never would want to change their hair, and the gold can basically cover all their basic gameplay needs for a long time.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

I just bought mine for 250G

How many hair styling kits were you buying every day, to make that a good deal…?

- Al Zheimer

in Wintersday

Posted by: Hilda Raven.8641

Hilda Raven.8641

Just sold one for a good 290 gold.

in Wintersday

kuscheldrow.6415

How many hair styling kits were you buying every day, to make that a good deal…?

None, to tbh. ^^
But I can do it now and whenever I want. I’m a roleplayer, and I onl play Sylvari.
Y’all know what happens to a flower if you put ink in their water? Their petals dye in the color of the ink so… You know, drinking orange juice will color the petals in a light yellow, cherry juice in red… and whatever else tonic or drink… Well I think you get the point… xD

Other than that it’s just great fun to dye the petals so they fit to the leafes you wear all the time. (I only have 7 Sylvari btw…)

Trahearne <3

in Wintersday

Account.9832

None, to tbh. ^^
But I can do it now and whenever I want. I’m a roleplayer, and I onl play Sylvari.
Y’all know what happens to a flower if you put ink in their water? Their petals dye in the color of the ink so… You know, drinking orange juice will color the petals in a light yellow, cherry juice in red… and whatever else tonic or drink… Well I think you get the point… xD

Well my point is that with the gold you spent on that you could have bought a lot of gems and a lot of normal styling kits.

Which I find insanely overpriced, BTW (if Arena Net sold them for 10 ~ 25 gems, people would be getting haircuts every day, to match their new armour, etc. – with the current price a lot of people will buy exactly zero).

I think they haven’t quite understood the “micro” part of “microtransactions”, and how making some things really cheap can lead to more profits in the long run (because people will buy it without even thinking, whereas something costing 250 gems will always be a conscious decision).

I also find it really boring (from a RP point of view) that hair cuts come from an icon and a piece of UI, instead of having actual barbers in the cities. GW2 capitals are huge, detailed, and… almost totally devoid of anything to do. Adding a couple of barbers to each city (each with at least one unique hairstyle and one unique hair dye) would give players a reason to travel around and discover new stuff.

Same for the “total makeover kit” – should have been a “mad plastic surgeon” NPC (although I think 350 gems for those is fair – cheap, even, since it’s almost like getting a new character).

When they didn’t have these things at launch, I assumed they were doing something special with them. Instead, after four months in development, we get an icon that calls a piece of recycled UI. Sigh…

And now they can’t even add the barbers or lower the prices, otherwise they’ll pissoff the people who bought the permanent kit.

- Al Zheimer

(edited by Account.9832)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Dan.8709

Dan.8709

Now I SO wish there were npc barbers around, like, really really bad.

Daniel Cousland – Darkhaven

in Wintersday

Jabberwock.9014

It is actually VERY dumb that there are no npc barbers. This may actually be the first MMO I’ve ever played that doesn’t have such a basic function. The money milking is getting a bit out of hand imo.

in Wintersday

Account.9832

It is actually VERY dumb that there are no npc barbers. This may actually be the first MMO I’ve ever played that doesn’t have such a basic function. The money milking is getting a bit out of hand imo.

It’s independent of the money milking, anyway. I always expected GW2 to have NPCs taking payment in gems. There’s no reason why the barbers couldn’t deduct some gems from your account (even 250, if Arena Net thought that would be a sane value to charge – which apparently they do, since that’s the price of the single-use kit).

- Al Zheimer

in Wintersday

kuscheldrow.6415

Yeah, barbers would be nice.
As for the RP point of view – OFF COURSE the actual change does NOT come from an icon! I’m not into changinc my hairstyle other than for OT fun anyway, I love my style, it’s just about the color here and then.

And yeah I could have bought a lot of kits, but exactly, they’re expensive. Plus, now I have one item for all of my characters and do NOT have to look for an item count, nor do I have to fear running out of kits, never. So I still think I made a good deal, although it did hurt. ^^"

I’m not intrested in the full makeover kits at all. First, because I love my style, and second… well if I wanted another appearance so bad I’d buy another character slot and start an alt.

Trahearne <3

in Wintersday

Account.9832

Now I SO wish there were npc barbers around, like, really really bad.

Some people (cough*me*cough) actually mentioned all this during beta. For example, you could have a barber in a rougher neighbourhood with crazy dyes, punk hairstyles, and the option to change your tattoos, and a fancy salon in a richer area with more classical hairstyles and an option to change earrings and make-up.

Same for the plastic surgeons. A more “respectable” one to let you adjust your facial features and a mad scientist to change your gender or even race (although the latter could lead to problems with the personal story).

In addition to those two type of NPCs (barbers and plastic surgeons), I think at the time (early beta) I mentioned two other types: scribes (to change your character’s name) and job advisors (to change your profession – which doesn’t impact your story in GW2, so could be changed easily, although obviously some items could become unusable).

All of those could be paid in gems, and even charge differently for different operations. For example, 15 gems for a haircut, 10 gems for hair colouring, 10 gems to change your beard, 25 gems to change your tattoos, etc..

- Al Zheimer

in Wintersday

Jabberwock.9014

Well, sweet, I just got it for 133g. Now I’m not sure if I should keep it or wait for it to skyrocket after wintersday and sell it… I really do want it but it could make me a lot of money. Ah well I guess I’ll just keep it in my bank for now and decide later.

in Wintersday

kuscheldrow.6415

Wow, lucky you! ^^
Almost half the price of mine… Well I still don’t regret it.
I LOVE IT!

Trahearne <3

in Wintersday

Account.9832

I’m not sure if I should keep it or wait for it to skyrocket after wintersday

I suspect they’ll add it to the BLTC chest or to next month’s event chests. After all, hair cuts are not thematically linked to winter holidays.

- Al Zheimer

(edited by Account.9832)

in Wintersday

Jabberwock.9014

Probably, but they could very well decrease the drop rate when that happens. I have a feeling they’re making the drop rate a bit higher than it would be in the spirit of the season. Or maybe I’m wrong and it will drop like peanuts and plummet in price. I somehow doubt it since they want to sell the temporary kits but it could happen.

Anyways, I’ve decided I’m probably going to keep it now, so I’m just happy I don’t have to worry about it becoming out of reach.

in Wintersday

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

I’m praying to the Mother Tree that they will drop in price significantly, so hard to get ;_;

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Wintersday

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

This Hair Styling Contract, is it Account or Soulbound?

in Wintersday

Posted by: rainletter.3659

rainletter.3659

This Hair Styling Contract, is it Account or Soulbound?

Once you open it, it becomes Account Bound.

The Sixth Station [SIX] @ Tarnished Coast

Stormreach in Tyria