Should have been a Norn

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

I kinda get the idea of a toy making asura, but really the image is not something that first comes to mind when it comes to xmas

Who better to spread cheer and merriment in the coldest time of the year than a big jolly norn. Riding a sled being pulled by what ever the hell he tamed, with a bag of gifts, toys and ale to those he deemed worthy.
This man ( if you want a real twist, a women) would be a legend for bringing joy every year to millions across Tyria, everyone would remember his name. What Norn wouldn’t want that?!?

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Rakuren Kenshou.7689

I don’t know. That giant floating golem is pretty awesome looking.

I’m not sure if the Charr or Norn will get any holiday love. Will probably have to save them for events (major ghost or destroyer rebellions or something).

“I reject your reality and substitute my own.”

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Make the asura a grinch type person, where he want to steal the gifts for what ever asuran reason, and him and the norn can have a duel at the end where you get to help.

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: Dicemeister.9340

Dicemeister.9340

There’s always next year lol

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

I can dig both angles.

Tixx with his flying magical workshop staffed by Christmas elves Asura with presents for all. Or Santa Claws, the unquenchably merry Norn wrapped in bloodstained red furs and in his flying* dolyak sled bringing the spirit of the moot to all tyria

• Only flying by virtue of being driven with reckless abandon over the shiverpeaks
The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

I’m glad they’re doing something non-stereotypical for Wintersday. I’d rather have interesting and slightly different holiday events than just the usual.

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

If I were a charr, I’d be looking at that airship with a lot of envy. Who knows, maybe someday we’ll see a competition.

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: Valinerya.6713

Valinerya.6713

Asurans are technologically minded, while Norns care more about beer, battle, and broads. Makes sense to me that the Asura would provide us with fancy new toys!

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

Asurans are technologically minded, while Norns care more about beer, battle, and broads. Makes sense to me that the Asura would provide us with fancy new toys!

When you put it that way…. I’d rather have a Norn too.

Beer, battle and broads for everyone!

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

If I were a charr, I’d be looking at that airship with a lot of envy. Who knows, maybe someday we’ll see a competition.

I smell a spoiler!

#TeamJadeQuarry

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Not all Norn are into broads. Some would rather find a hunky fellow. But food and drink, certainly. The Norn would arrange a huge feast with some fighting entertainment, no doubt.

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: The Last Jagaroth.1652

The Last Jagaroth.1652

Oh I like this idea. A good hearted battle of blimps and players to decide who will be the following years King of Queen of Wintersday.

I see blimps with Snowball cannons firing at each other and being boarded by players using Wintersday strings of lights while wielding candy inspired weapons.

Of course we Norn will win with our suits of red and beards of white. Asura will make great worker elves for our toy shops

Well, of course I’m being childish!
There’s no point being grown-up if you can’t be childish sometimes.
Tom Baker – 4th Doctor

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

You know…
When they pick a norn, you wouln’t see your average deers behind the cart…
Definitly dolyaks….

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

The Last Jagaroth.1652

You know…
When they pick a norn, you wouln’t see your average deers behind the cart…
Definitly dolyaks….

LoL – Randolf the red nosed Dolyak

Tom Baker – 4th Doctor

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

A Kodan would be even cooler

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: Curuniel.4830

Curuniel.4830

Santa kodan! That would be excellent. I feel like he would need a title, the Something of Koda, but I can’t think of one yet. My mental picture of a kodan in a Santa Claus hat is awesome, though. Next year!

What would pull his flying sleigh..?

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

And why not a grawl and a quaggan, together?!

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

The Last Jagaroth.1652

The Santa Kodan would have to be drinking a Coke though.

Tom Baker – 4th Doctor

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: Seraki.2753

Seraki.2753

Just IMO but given that toy making seems to me kind of a trinket making thing, I feel the Asura are the only race really dedicated enough to manufacturing other than the Charr. And well the Charr version might be more lethal and blow up in smoke more often.

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: Avatar Rage.4369

Wait wasn’t there a Norn child dressed as a Santa like character at Halloween? Or did I imagine that?

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

Please let there be a charr event someday.

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: Marx.2367

Marx.2367

A norn would not understand Wintersday. It’s always snow in norn territory, so winter is the period of the year when the ale warms their bones the most.

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Actually, norn can appreciate Wintersday, as seen in Three Wise Norn. Any excuse for partying and showing off fine craftsmanship, really…

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

Father Charrmas, a ferocious white-pelted engineer wears a greatcoat dyed in the blood of the naughtiest fahrar; traditionally he delivers his gifts via cowtapult, which conveniently also takes care of the following day’s feast.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: Goobaaa.8241

Goobaaa.8241

The event will be the fix to the all armor compatibly problems

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: Captain Maugrymm.1753

Captain Maugrymm.1753

Personally I see the concept of a Norn Santa a little frightening.

I feel like this red-clad behemoth of a man would much rather break into my house and TAKE all of my gifts (and anything not nailed down) and throw it all on to his sled, piled high with all of his stolen loot.

Then he would take off at a break-neck pace yelling “More plunder for me! Lock your doors tight tonight!”

Maugrymm- 80 Elementalist/Rajibad- 80 Ranger/Soreph-80 Mesmer
Fat Lute Tavern [LUTE]- Sorrow’s Furnace
“There are other worlds than these.”

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

Personally I see the concept of a Norn Santa a little frightening.

I feel like this red-clad behemoth of a man would much rather break into my house and TAKE all of my gifts (and anything not nailed down) and throw it all on to his sled, piled high with all of his stolen loot.

Then he would take off at a break-neck pace yelling “More plunder for me! Lock your doors tight tonight!”

Rather have that then an alien with sharp teeth and big ears giving me a present after coming from a giant floating robot.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

The Last Jagaroth.1652

I think the Aura are a great design and they really break that “punt short race” mentality.

However, they give me that “don’t feed them after midnight” feeling.

All Tixx needs is a white Mohawk to finish the look

Tom Baker – 4th Doctor

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: Feral Drifter.6804

Feral Drifter.6804

An artist can find the beauty of the season an enhancement to their gift giving. Frost swirls and streaks in sharp patterns on windows, snow glistens like a glitter kissed sheet outside, breath steams and snow drifts. Why not chose winter to share his gift? He can’t share his presents with kids on their birthdays, he has no idea when those are.

What Tixx definitely is not, is a replacement of Santa Claus. He’s a toy inventor, unparalleled, who loves sharing his gift in winter, a season that is so cold it requires joy to warm the hearts as well as a mug of hot tea.

St.Nicholas would give away gifts in the worst time of year to those who needed it right? Who says Tixx is doing anything else? :P

Though I’d love to see tributes from the other races as a cultural nod to Tixx.

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: Avatar Rage.4369

Actually, norn can appreciate Wintersday, as seen in Three Wise Norn. Any excuse for partying and showing off fine craftsmanship, really…

Everyday is Windersday for a Norn

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ergi.5201

Ergi.5201

Meatoberfest!
Meat for everybody!

Ring of Fire – EU
Some must fight, so that all may be free.

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Wintersday has aways been a Human celebration: Dwayna vs Grenth, to decide if Spring would come sooner or later.

The more support Grenth gets at the end of the celebration, the longer the Snow stays.

Norn were introduced to Wintersday by the Ebon Vanguard in the Eye of the North, lured by food, booze, crafts, brawls and cheer.

I’m guessing Asura saw the se commercial side of things soon enough.

But in any case, Divinity’s Reach should have had more protagonism this time around.

I don’t like at all this “Make Lion’s Arch the center of all parties” thing. I’d rather make the cities take turns.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Not all Norn are into broads. Some would rather find a hunky fellow. But food and drink, certainly. The Norn would arrange a huge feast with some fighting entertainment, no doubt.

A recent average per movie comparison of past and current Bonds used the phrase “Booze, bodies, and bangs”.

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

As my main is a Norn, I approve this message! How can there be a Winter festival without the Norn?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: theceddy.8347

theceddy.8347

I realy hope it will be another race that Leids the event.
Why not every festival dedicatred to a special race.
Winterfest = Norn , Springfestival = Sylvari , . . .
Or make the factions lead sertain events around Tyria.

Let them burn, bleed and suffer.
They deserve it !!!!!

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

The Last Jagaroth.1652

Valentines Day – Charr

It would be hilariousness to see Charr running around with little wings and love bows

Tom Baker – 4th Doctor

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

I realy hope it will be another race that Leids the event.
Why not every festival dedicatred to a special race.
Winterfest = Norn , Springfestival = Sylvari , . . .
Or make the factions lead sertain events around Tyria.

I already made a thread about how Asura lead all the events. It is getting quite annoying actually.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Just IMO but given that toy making seems to me kind of a trinket making thing, I feel the Asura are the only race really dedicated enough to manufacturing other than the Charr. And well the Charr version might be more lethal and blow up in smoke more often.

You clearly haven’t played the Asura storyline yet. >^_~

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: LordGustoff.3752

LordGustoff.3752

1) This is Tyria, not Earth and it’s Wintersday, not Christmas. We don’t need a 1:1 between the game and real life when it comes to holidays. The Asuran toy maker is already too close for my tastes.

2) It SHOULD have been Dwanya and Grenth along with a glorious return of the Six Gods to Tyria. If anything is going to ruin Wintersday it’s that these two will be absent from it.

If you did what they did, you would have what they have.
You have what you have because you do what you do.

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kymaera Stormweaver.1069

Kymaera Stormweaver.1069

I hope we get a visit during this wonderful season from Frosty the Nornman.

1) This is Tyria, not Earth and it’s Wintersday, not Christmas. We don’t need a 1:1 between the game and real life when it comes to holidays. The Asuran toy maker is already too close for my tastes.

True! 100% agree! I do however, find holidays amusing in-game as well as in-life.

It would be nice to see some game holiday that is entirely seperate and unique. It’d make it all that more special.

Variety, multiplicity are the two most powerful vehicles of lust.
– Marquis de Sade

(edited by Kymaera Stormweaver.1069)

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: JMadFour.9730

JMadFour.9730

I’m sure that the Iron Legion will be spending inordinate amounts of time considering the military applications of this flying Toy Factory.

“Quaggan is about to foo up your day.” – Romperoo

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: Penny.3761

Penny.3761

If I were Smodur I’d be angry that someone flew in my airspace without permission

But truly, I don’t see the charr giving gifts to everyone and spreading love across Tyria. xD

To be honest at first I hoped that it will be norn celebration, but this one looks pretty awesome. However, I hope that you guys will come with some other races related events.

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

2) It SHOULD have been Dwanya and Grenth along with a glorious return of the Six Gods to Tyria. If anything is going to ruin Wintersday it’s that these two will be absent from it.

unfortunately they seem to have gone out of their way to diminish the importance of the Gods in GW2. From what was obviously intended to be a story about how these God made Tyria & the history of it, to "oh yeah, they are the just human Gods, they didn’t make anything, the mindless dragons are even more powerful & they are gone. " The Pantheon stories were so much better than the Dragon/Sylvari ones.

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: Brandis.2618

Brandis.2618

Why are we so focused on Santa claws when we all know that the true star is Rudolph the red nosed Dolyak!

Yes I’m a Sylvari guardian. Yes I set myself on fire!

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: drclawizdead.8214

drclawizdead.8214

Well the Norn are the best crafters on Tyria so it would make sense.

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: ashlaran.3804

ashlaran.3804

I’m glad they’re doing something non-stereotypical for Wintersday. I’d rather have interesting and slightly different holiday events than just the usual.

yeah i agree, the refreshing change of christmas is nice.

the confusion will confuse those who are confused by confusion

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: daesedai.3708

daesedai.3708

well, we could always be attacking some facsimile of the proverbial toy maker.

Attachments:

Should have been a Norn

in Wintersday

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

aren’t the toymakers usually elves
and are small – so asura would fit the bill – or scritt
but a norn as the main big toymaker would be neat with the asura as his helpers