Snowball Mayhem is supposed to be fun?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Xuro.5861

Xuro.5861

Honestly, who came up with such a ridiculous minigame? The achievement requires me to score 5 times yet the box doesn’t even leave the spawn area because of the unbalanced 13k’s flying around my butt.

So how am I supposed to finish it while I get two shot whenever I have the box?

(edited by Xuro.5861)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

Honestly, what doubtfull person came up with such a ridiculous minigame? The achievement requires me to score 5 times yet the box doesn’t even leave the spawn area because of the unbalanced 13k’s flying around my butt.

So how am I supposed to finish it while I get two shot whenever I have the box?

I love this mini game. yet the only class I really tried was the scout. What are you playing as?

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

in Wintersday

Posted by: applekwisp.2139

applekwisp.2139

personally i think the the snowball game is definitely the best of the activities. after learning about the classes a bit and tossing some extra dodging in, you might fare a little bit better. that being said for purposed of obtaining the achievement scout is definitely the class to go. the scout period seems the be the most useful, followed by support and then heavy gunner. try to use terrain as cover more when carrying the present. dont forget to pick up the swiftness boon on the ground and spam your number 5 as necessary. if there is another scout next to you when carrying the gift, they can use 5 as well to stealth you which makes capping fairly easy.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I liked it a lot. I didn’t care for the Gift Stopper achievement, but it’s not impossible.

Gone to Reddit.

in Wintersday

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I thought it was fun, and I’m not even a big PVP fan. If you experiment with the different classes, see what skills work best for your playing type, and just give it some time, you might enjoy it more.

in Wintersday

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I wanted to play this with my guild mates, however, no matter how we tried, we just were unable to group together. A few managed after several runs to get into the event together but on opposing sides.

I was really disappointed in this because I normally do not pvp and my guild mates were willing to show me the ropes in this “softie” style pvp setup. Unfortunately, that did not turn out very well.

The first time I got in I ran as a scout and found a present then started running with it to my keep, but no one on my team helped me and just bashed the other players on the other side of the field while our opponents were smashing me into the ground.

I thought it was supposed to be a team situation, but did not turn out that way. Certainly did not make me feel as though my efforts were appreciated.

I did not return after being defeated several times. No fun if there is no team work there. Would have been more fun for me and better all the way around if our guild mates could group together for this.

This was the most disappointing event outside of the Bell Choir. I have not a single musical bone in my body and after killing myself several times attempting this event, I just gave up.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I’m not a PvPer by any means, but I had fun with this. Yes, the lack of premades means that some groups you get into will be stupid and use no strategy or cooperation, but some groups will end up performing quite well. I finished all of my achievements with this, though I admit getting the Gift Stopper one was very frustrating at times and required me to basically ignore everything else, focusing solely on beating on every carrier.

Premades would likely mean that players like me without a regular PvP group would have gotten rolled every single time as opposed to just part of the time.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

The achievement is really bad but the game itself is great. I got the achievements a while ago, but still go in just for the gifts. I’m really enjoying it.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Fiddlybitz.6982

Fiddlybitz.6982

I love this event. We should petition Arena Net to have it available year round through guild influence. Then guilds can host Snowball Mayhem events that last for a few hours by spawning an NPC in LA.

in Wintersday

Posted by: PuffballPink.6035

PuffballPink.6035

I love this event. We should petition Arena Net to have it available year round through guild influence. Then guilds can host Snowball Mayhem events that last for a few hours by spawning an NPC in LA.

Yeah, it would be cool except for the fact that Warriors have a snowball-reflecting present-stealing scout-rushing charge which completely breaks the game. It’s like the Reaper’s Rumble against elementalists, but Arenanet intentionally added it in for flavor!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lokaalin.6271

Lokaalin.6271

Pick scout, go invisible as soon as the other team grabs the present and use skill 4 until the bar is max and the present will drop, do that x5 and you have the achievement.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

scout is a bit overpowered (like a ranged backstabber thief), but aside from that, it’s a pretty fun minigame, can’t complain about it.. it’s nowhere near as much fun as the bell choir for me, so I don’t spend much time there anymore after getting the achievements, but it was no problem at all (gift stopper took a while, and yes, you pretty much need scout for that).

also: don’t forget that your stats are completely different then in PVE.. changes to your PVP equip seem to be reflected in the stats in snowball mayhem, but it doesn’t completely make sense.. anyway, build for power, it might help (crits don’t work AFAIK)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

I like the Heavy Gunner team.

I like to mutter “Boom…!” to myself because you feel like a lumbering enemy in a certain third person shooter.

Except with snowballs!

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Guilhermezz.2601

Guilhermezz.2601

loved the first day when ppl didn’t know how to avoid the damage of Heavy gunner haha, jumped in and killed 3 in a row