Step in the right direction!

in Wintersday

Posted by: TheUndefined.1720

TheUndefined.1720

I just wanted to show my appreciation to Arena Net for taking a step in the right direction with this holiday event.

Providing us with appropriate information, offering more items to be bought in the gem store (hopefully Wintersday chests won’t be similar to the rng disaster from the Halloween event), and expanding the accessibility of this event / time to your players is such a refreshing change imho.

Although I understand there will most likely still be some pretty nasty hiccups (it’s software… everyone knows how nasty little bugs like to lie and wait), I definitely see the effort you’re putting into alleviating many players’ concerns in regards to events!

On a sillier note…

I’ve been pretty sulky towards you ANet, I’m not going to lie. I’ve been throwing my tantrum since the Karka event, but slowly I’ve been getting over it >:(

All of these positive adjustments in how you’re handling Wintersday is starting to win me over again

……I guess I can take you off of my ignore list now ;P

(edited by TheUndefined.1720)

in Wintersday

Posted by: samrogan.9132

samrogan.9132

Totally agree! Kudos to Anet! I personally really enjoyed the last two events, however it seems the community brought up a lot of concerns (both valid and invalid). The event isn’t live yet and I keep very up to date with the forums and reddit, so far it seems like almost every issue players had has been addressed. Will the event be perfect? I don’t know if that’s even possible, however I don’t think anyone can say from here on out that ANet doesn’t listen to its players. I am soooo excited!

in Wintersday

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I am currently playing the GW1 event. Wintersday in GW1 was my favorite event of all time in any MMO. I am really hoping that this GW2 version lives up to the first one’s fun factor. So much nostalgia of the towns going all snowy and lit up, the candy cane items, presents, everything about it was absolutely amazing.

I do hope the chests are not as horribly RNG corrupt as the Halloween ones though for sure.