Suggestion for gem shop mini pet aquisition.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Arena Net have made some notable improvements to holiday item acquisition for Wintersday, with weapon skins directly purchasable from the gem shop, and having mini’s acquirable through in game means.
Because of this, I completely support them if they want to make some random-drop minis in the cash shop.
However with those minis being account bound and at a low random chance exclusively from the mystery box, getting the one you want can really be a nightmare. You can already spend a lot of gem money just to get one of these random minis, and if it’s not the one you wanted, you’re fairly screwed.
I think they had a great idea with the baby quaggan mini, where you can combine another to make it. They should do that for all of the random minis. Got the infinirarium but want the snowman? Combine the infinirarium with 50X christmas mats to make the snowman.

in Wintersday

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

The quaggan mini is so ubercool that I’d do almost anything to get it. However, among the things I would not do is paying for a random chance.

Seriously, I’d have paid like $20 for it. But those random boxes, it’s just not the way for me. Legalized theft in many ways. And for what reason? Dropping it twice as often wouldn’t cost Anet a penny…

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

You can turn any of the other 3 minis into the quaggan, so you’re in luck there I’m saying you should be able to turn any mini into any other (so far as the mystery box minis go).
The drop rates for minis don’t seem that bad, spend 10 bucks for 10 boxes and most people net themselves at least 1 mini. There’s a thread on guru where people are recording their drops. Though I understand completely those who don’t want to gamble it, it’s wasted money if you don’t get the one you want(or any).