Suggestion: sell charity items

in Wintersday

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Hello,

when I played another game in one year they had a special unique charity-mount for sale. For each mount they sold they donated a share of the mounts price to a charity organisation.

I would really love to see something like this here. It doesn’t have to be a mount just a special skin or something like that. I think it’s a bit late to implement it this year, if they haven’t planned something like this already, but maybe A-Net could keep that in mind for next year or so.

in Wintersday

Posted by: The Last Jagaroth.1652

The Last Jagaroth.1652

I think that this is a great idea!

They don’t have to set up anything special just align with one of the many existing gamer charities.

Well, of course I’m being childish!
There’s no point being grown-up if you can’t be childish sometimes.
Tom Baker – 4th Doctor

in Wintersday

Posted by: Keirion.9105

Keirion.9105

I agree! Is there a way they could do it via an account code you have to purchase (vs the gem store which you can use in-game money for)? That way there could be a real solid number like the item costing $10 and $7 of it goes to the charity or whatnot.

in Wintersday

The Last Jagaroth.1652

Might be easier to do it with the purchase of gems.

Buy 2000 gems as a special purchase item, get a in game skin and a portion of the profits go to a charity.

Tom Baker – 4th Doctor

in Wintersday

Posted by: Field Marshal.7946

Field Marshal.7946

I personally would just like to see some a person in Lions Arch with a pot and ringing a bell asking for donations. Then we could get rid of stupid mats that are clogging up the TP…like candy corn.

(edited by Field Marshal.7946)

in Wintersday

The Last Jagaroth.1652

I personally would just like to see some a person in Lions Arch with a pot and ringing a bell asking for donations. Then we could get rid of stupid mats that are clogging up the TP…like candy corn.

Think you are making a joke regarding the “Rebuild Lions Arch” NPC.

However, if not this would not help as we are talking about RL charity.

Tom Baker – 4th Doctor