Teleport Hack in Jumping Puzzle

in Wintersday

Posted by: Vyral.4365

Vyral.4365

I think many people are aware of the teleporting hack used for gathering resources by bots.

Today was the 1st time I saw something similar being used in the Wintersday Jumping Puzzle. The individual in question would appear on one of the starting peppermints with everyone else, then suddenly disappear as if he had zoned or logged off, before the first snowflakes had spawned. He apparently reappeared standing on the last blue box at the end of the puzzle, right before the glowing box you jump in. After a set amount of time, he would jump into the box, collect the chest, and disappear (without going to the little teleport pad).

While observing this, I was typically at or near the front end of the jumpers. Several times in a row, I looked up towards the end while on the large peppermint directly following the exploding presents segment, and he was already perched on his blue box.

Multiple comments in map chat produced no response from the individual.

I obviously reported him for botting, but was interested if anybody else saw this behavior too.

in Wintersday

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

I didn’t see it but I heard of it and I noticed that the price of gifts tanked (from 3g50s to 1g20s) overnight after day 2 or so of the event, with supply increasing well beyond demand. It may have been related to the introduction of this hack.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Smoeki.2756

Smoeki.2756

I saw the same thing a few days ago, I have no idea if he was actually getting a chest reset each time though.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Sabreene.8062

Sabreene.8062

Sometimes I think things must look different from other people’s screens. Two days into the puzzle I hadn’t made it into the box yet, but while jumping someone accused me of using a portal hack. They said it looked like to them I was disappearing without jumping or falling.

In general map chat they told everyone to report me, to which I immediately responded with a ‘hey, I’m here and a real person!’ They still didn’t believe me. I don’t mind if they reported me, since it wasn’t until two hours later that I actually made the box & got the prize for the first time. I’m sure anet would be able to check and see that I’ve only opened the chest once (didn’t try again after I finally got it!)

Still, it was a little disconcerting to be accused of hacking/botting/farming when really I’d been putting in a lot of effort into beating that kitteny puzzle! (not a great jumper, but persistent!)

in Wintersday

Posted by: ekkue.3754

ekkue.3754

Yes I’ve seen this. the one in ours would disappear just before the snowflake platforms appear. he would then appear in the chest room and back in the starting area about 15 seconds before the end of the cycle, which meant no one else was fast enough to see him in that chest room to think, ‘hang on that dude disappeared.’ I hung around in the chest room to time it – each cycles roughly 2min 5 seconds (yes I’m sad, but hacks make me angry)

I reported through a support ticket instead of ingame, as there’s no proper exploit report option

in Wintersday

Posted by: Vyral.4365

Vyral.4365

Sometimes I think things must look different from other people’s screens. Two days into the puzzle I hadn’t made it into the box yet, but while jumping someone accused me of using a portal hack. They said it looked like to them I was disappearing without jumping or falling.

This is definitely a different situation. I love the jumping puzzle and tend to run it (farm it) for periods of time every day. My success rate is high. I watched this guy over the course of about an hour and it was the same every time. He would disappear off the initial peppermint, and reappear on the boxes leading to the portal at the end. While typing the original post, I was parked in the chest room, and saw him show up like clockwork, run to the chest exactly the same time each time, and then disappear without using the teleport pad. It appeared extremely automated. When I called him out in /map and /say, I got no response.

I attached a screenshot… as you can see by my percent health remaining, I’ve made pretty good time and there’s no legitimate way that somebody could be where he is standing with that much health remaining.

Attachments:

in Wintersday

Posted by: ral.7436

ral.7436

I saw one of them too (on Desolation). I reported him using support ticket and included a link to a video i made where you can see him teleporting at start and then he’s already at the end (you can see him already after jumping up the presents and it’s impossible to be at the end already at that time).
With a perfect run (skipping parts that are possible to skip) it’s possible to jump into the teleport about the same time as him. Then you even can see him running to the chest and disappearing again without even going to the teleport.
Hope they can ban them all

in Wintersday

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I’ve seen them harvesting nodes lately. Hopefully they will be able to code in something that will prevent the use of that hack.

In general map chat they told everyone to report me, to which I immediately responded with a ‘hey, I’m here and a real person!’ They still didn’t believe me. I don’t mind if they reported me, since it wasn’t until two hours later that I actually made the box & got the prize for the first time. I’m sure anet would be able to check and see that I’ve only opened the chest once (didn’t try again after I finally got it!)

Still, it was a little disconcerting to be accused of hacking/botting/farming when really I’d been putting in a lot of effort into beating that kitteny puzzle! (not a great jumper, but persistent!)

People should not do that. It’s slander to lie about someone. If they think someone is botting or hacking they should report it the proper way ingame. Thinking and knowing are two different things. EQ2 can properly check on it to see if indeed someone is botting or hacking.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Zekeplosion.6278

Zekeplosion.6278

That’s just..unsportsmanlike!!
Really hope they do something about it soon.

Fort Aspenwood
[RQ] Spit N Image – 80 Mesmer
[RQ] Amelia Bowheart – 80 Ranger

in Wintersday

Posted by: Tsubaki.2508

Tsubaki.2508

That screenshot really says it :/ They need to fix this problem!!!!

Sabreene’s story is one that either something looks consistently fishy and automated then they have recourse to complain/ask/report, but I can’t count the number of times someone who happens to be losing will say it mostly because then you’d feel the need to say something back, thus wasting time or inciting anger.

Innocently name-called, you have nothing to worry of course, but it’d still irk me to be called such. In this case, you are the victim, and if that kind of thing continues, best you can do is report for harassment.

in Wintersday

neon.4863

I’ve seen that happen before, usually when someone is lagging (you or the other player). The client seems to use a movement approximation (or halt movement) when data isn’t received and then when you finally get an update on your/other people’s position it’ll look like they suddenly zapped elsewhere. This happened a lot with a friend who plays from Japan and has high ping – her character looks smooth for her, but for me she just kept hopping around the screen. One extreme case for her was when her client said she’d managed to swim all the way to an island but she was actually dead in the water and only saw this like 30 seconds after the fact.

in Wintersday

neon.4863

Why are some of you trying to pretend a teleport hack doesn’t exist?

http://youtu.be/Md9--pXUHt4

The stolen account shown in the above video has been blatantly abusing it to farm this location for weeks now.

Nobody’s trying to pretend a hack doesn’t exist in this topic. :o Some of us are talking about a different thing (hopping caused by lag) that can look like a teleport hack. It’s plenty obvious teleport hacks exist, farmbots use it all the time.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Exterminans.9723

Exterminans.9723

Oh, many people on this forum don’t believe in hacks. And Anet does anything they can, to keep that illusion up by deleting ANY threads which discuss the existence of botting/cheating as fast as they can.

And it’s this type of bot (or more precisely Anets attemp of a countermeasure) which was responsible for the bug where people got dropped back to Lionsarch after completion of the puzzle. Too bad, that the bots / cheaters required only 6 hours to adept while the real players had to struggle for 3 days until the change was reverted.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Reaper.1695

Reaper.1695

Yep. What just in that JP. There was an obvious bot/tele hacker there. He would disappear right when the snowflakes would appear, then reappear 5 second before the timer was up in the waiting area. Never moved, never talked. Some ppl saw him in the final chest area, not moving, doing nothing.

Sad, very sad.

He was reported. By many.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Glog.4275

Glog.4275

Figures this would end up in the JP puzzles.

Iv seen several bots in frostgorge sound teleporting all over the place. Especially under water for some reason.

in Wintersday

Posted by: death.2497

death.2497

HAXXORS! Aint nobody got time for that

I love penis

in Wintersday

Posted by: Vito Schwam.8791

Vito Schwam.8791

Was it this bad in Guild Wars 1? I mean, it just seems like this game is plagued by exploitation, hacking, and so forth. I don’t remember it being this prevalent in GW1. And I farmed up a ton of gifts to send out to people for wintersday, but yeah, I fell victim to the bug where I got sent back to LA without a chance to get a reward after finishing. It stings to learn it was because of hackers. Anet really needs to act on this.

The Toad [TOAD] – www.thetoad.hit.to | Henge of Denravi | Cmd. Vitellio Romana

in Wintersday

Posted by: Devbo.6280

Devbo.6280

Was it this bad in Guild Wars 1? I mean, it just seems like this game is plagued by exploitation, hacking, and so forth. I don’t remember it being this prevalent in GW1. And I farmed up a ton of gifts to send out to people for wintersday, but yeah, I fell victim to the bug where I got sent back to LA without a chance to get a reward after finishing. It stings to learn it was because of hackers. Anet really needs to act on this.

You had your own instances in GW1 PVE so if there was, you may not have noticed it.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

It was definitely there in GW1, when HFFF was still possible bots were easy to pick out there. After that, you could find bots in JQ and FA pretty easily. No, it wasn’t as bad as it is now in GW1 though, thats for sure.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

If you have evidence of people hacking please submit it to exploits@arena.net. Also, please report them using the in game report tool. I would also like to remind you that making threads about it in the forums does not help solving or speeding up the issue, so please refrain from this behaviour.

Thanks for your understanding. This thread is closed