Todays Wintersday Jump Puzzle No Reward

in Wintersday

Posted by: APokieBear.5946

APokieBear.5946

I have opened the jump puzzle chest everyday of the event. Today is the first day I did not receive a reward from the chest.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

Tarn, your post is offensive.

Firstly, it’s a daily reward, they’ve done the work to complete the puzzle, the prereq for the reward, so they deserve the reward. It’s an outright bug and should have been fixed. Unfortunately it probably won’t get patched this late.

Secondly, they do have the satisfaction for finishing the puzzle, they just don’t have the reward, those are two different things.

Thirdly, you have no idea what their spirit may be, you don’t know them and you can’t assess that.

Finally, who are you to tell others where they should derive their satisfaction?

Let me explain:

Wanting it to be fixed is one thing, and perfectly justifiable. After all it’s not working as intended. Whining and complaining about the lack of reward, as some have, and crying for compensation in return though is just plain childish.

There’s a right way and a wrong way to go about these things. And getting on the forums and whining like a spoil child that hasn’t gotten the toy they wanted is the wrong way. I’m sure you agree.

I understand that many different types of people play the game, and a lot of people’s play is driven solely by material rewards they seem to think they’re justified in demanding for doing anything in-game. But to carry on in such a way, and in relation to such a light-hearted event is just plain sad, and yes, such provides significant insight in to their wintersday spirit within the game too. I’m surprised you don’t see this. Your seemingly lack of understanding of this in the bigger picture is not offensive, just disappointing. Perhaps you took it as a personal attack? I don’t know why you would’ve.

It’s a christmas-themed event for a bit for fun in a computer game after all! The way some people carry on…

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lacechan.6524

Lacechan.6524

I have opened the jump puzzle chest everyday of the event. Today is the first day I did not receive a reward from the chest.

Was there anything different that you did this time around compared to the previous times?

It looks like the bug that popped up when Tixx arrived at Lion’s Arch (some people receiving nothing from chests). If it was their anti-botting code it would be hitting quite a bit more people.

in Wintersday

Posted by: tmorrow.5189

tmorrow.5189

Wanting it to be fixed is one thing, and perfectly justifiable. After all it’s not working as intended. Whining and complaining about the lack of reward, as some have, and crying for compensation in return though is just plain childish.

There’s a right way and a wrong way to go about these things. And getting on the forums and whining like a spoil child that hasn’t gotten the toy they wanted is the wrong way. I’m sure you agree.

Many of those people may already have tried to raise this issue through the /bugs in game bug report mechanism or through the bugs forum. Not one response from Arenanet that I’ve seen (I’ve raised bugs both ways). Likely they are frustrated after investing quite a bit of time and effort to complete the puzzle. How about cutting them some slack if they don’t post in the manner you think they should. Referring to legitimate complaints as childish whining is insulting.

In the past Arenanet have compensated players when bugs were found. Not all the time, but a precedent has been set. I see no reason for those that have missed out getting their reward later if Arenanet are prepared to do it. It’s certainly worth asking the question.

The most frustrating part of this entire incident is that the reward system was working perfectly up to Christmas. Arenanet then introduced this bug in a patch, possible a patch to guard against botting.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

When I got the bug, I think it was after my third straight completion (over 3 days) using only 1 attempt. As far as I know, the anti-bot measure may just be flagging people who are doing “too well” at the JP. Hopefully their measures aren’t that crude but I see no other reason why I got no reward that time. Just in case I’ll be deliberately throwing some attempts to break up win streaks.

in Wintersday

Posted by: iHacks.5632

iHacks.5632

Happens all the time Anet apparently dont care to respond to the many many threads posted daily about it..

in Wintersday

Posted by: Vrede.8942

Vrede.8942

I just completed it and got the daily reward.

The Goonie who wasn’t in the movie.

in Wintersday

Posted by: God.3542

God.3542

it just happened again today this is the 2nd time!!! no rewards for after reset..

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

03:28 Gandara server time: no daily reward

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

in Wintersday

Posted by: Gordon Shumway.9418

Gordon Shumway.9418

Out of the past 5 days it hasn’t given me a reward after reset on 3 of them. Just tried it…no reward on my first time through.

Very frustrating.