Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

Q:

Just wondering whether the item being level 10 was intended

Toymaker's Bag

in Wintersday

Posted by: Swizzle.7982

Swizzle.7982

Seems so. I think it’s more for the unique skin than the stats.

Toymaker's Bag

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Seems so. I kept my Halloween one and banked the Toymaker’s bag. It’s nice, but the flaming book looks cooler.

Gone to Reddit.

Toymaker's Bag

in Wintersday

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Just wondering whether the item being level 10 was intended

Yes, I noticed this as well. I have two level 80 characters and neither can use this silly thing as what I currently have has better stats than this bag.

I think it totally illogical to have a level 10 bag drop as a reward for a level 80 character. The one I got from the Halloween event actually is quite useful on my Ranger and I still use it.

Not happy with this one though.

Toymaker's Bag

in Wintersday

Posted by: Tsubaki.2508

Tsubaki.2508

You are intended to use it as a skin, not for its godly stats same as the halloween one. If it doesn’t suit you, oh well, remember it is a freebie.

Toymaker's Bag

in Wintersday

lynspottery.6529

You are intended to use it as a skin, not for its godly stats same as the halloween one. If it doesn’t suit you, oh well, remember it is a freebie.

Thanks appreciate the info. Had not thought about it that way but that actually will work. If I only liked how it looked.

I’ll take another look…perhaps it will appeal to me at a later date.

Toymaker's Bag

in Wintersday

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

Pretty minimal for account wide gifts, would be nice if each of my characters could at least get the 15 slot box.

Toymaker's Bag

in Wintersday

Posted by: TheUndefined.1720

TheUndefined.1720

I would have liked for this bag to be upgraded, but meh that’s fine. The bag wasn’t even the focal point of the event, the toys were. So I’m cool with the crappy stats.

Toymaker's Bag

in Wintersday

lynspottery.6529

I also would have preferred the 15 slot bag as well. This for a back piece is not something I find attractive.

Toymaker's Bag

in Wintersday

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

I like the bag actually, disregard the name, it suits my Asura really well(role-play wise); and it’s even better with toy golem mini. I’m really happy that I get to have these things for this Wintersday.

Toymaker's Bag

in Wintersday

Posted by: han.9042

han.9042

Ok, I’m a bit confused here. The Toymaker’s Bag doesn’t show up when I tried it on my character. I figure the item is used mainly for the skin but if it doesn’t show up on the character what’s the point of it? I have the Hide/UnHide checked but nothing.

Edit: I see it now. It doesn’t show up in the character equipment screen.

(edited by han.9042)

Toymaker's Bag

in Wintersday

Posted by: Zero Angel.9715

Zero Angel.9715

Toymaker bag is strictly for the skin. The stats are bad but you can always transmute its appearance onto a good backpiece.

That’s what I did with the Mad King Chronicles because MKC wouldnt let me equip anything but a basic lvl 1 gem on it. With transmutation though I was able to put ‘seal of the ____’ and exquisite gems on it. Toymaker bag will look good on an alt, I think.

(edited by Zero Angel.9715)

Toymaker's Bag

in Wintersday

Posted by: Harbinger.1983

Harbinger.1983

As long as the new backs dont double as a light source like the halloween one does i will keep using that one, looks good AND helps me on dark places/JP’s

Toymaker's Bag

in Wintersday

Posted by: Borikitty.1302

Borikitty.1302

I still can’t see mine no matter what I do to get it work.. maybe they’ll be a fix later like they did with the magically disappearing devil horns

Toymaker's Bag

in Wintersday

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

Totally intended, so you can buy fine transmutation stones to have the 80’s stats.

If it was only for the skin it could have been a skin like the weapons.

p.s. yes, I know this is also for low levels players but having an actual skin would make much more sense to me.

Toymaker's Bag

in Wintersday

Borikitty.1302

Can anyone link a picture of what it looks like? I don’t want to transmute it if it’s ugly as all hell

Toymaker's Bag

in Wintersday

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

You can equip it and see yourself without any problem.

Toymaker's Bag

in Wintersday

Borikitty.1302

I can’t see it.. I tried (about 2 hours ago) on all 5 of my characters

Toymaker's Bag

in Wintersday

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I can’t see it.. I tried (about 2 hours ago) on all 5 of my characters

Did you tick the little box within the Hero UI to actually display back pieces? Shows up just fine on mine. It’s a little sack filled with gifts. Perfect if you may have some sort of a desire to RP as Santa, heh.

Attachments:

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Toymaker's Bag

in Wintersday

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

What I would like to know, is why we can’t get more of them? For those of use with alts that we constantly play with, it sucks. At least with the Halloween one, we could get it for all our characters, we just had to put a bit of work in to get it for each.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…