Toypocalypse (Can't join as a party)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Swizzle.7982

Swizzle.7982

Again, it’s ONE event.

It doesn’t matter if it’s one event or 50 really, the point is that this is something that should never have made it anywhere near as far as being added to the game in the state it’s in.

This is also the game’s forum, if people are disappointed with some aspect of the game, this is the place they have to share that. Or are the Anet staff all telepathic?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Turin.1024

Turin.1024

A PvP system does not work with a dungeon requires learning.

I don’t mind having to play with pugs, pugs can learn and eventually understand the mechanics, the problem is that once you do that you can’t say “okay guys everyone knows what to do lets restart this and keep all the yaks alive”, because once you restart you get a completely new group of people and you’re back to step 1.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Stormleaf.1769

Stormleaf.1769

Again, it’s ONE event.

It doesn’t matter if it’s one event or 50 really, the point is that this is something that should never have made it anywhere near as far as being added to the game in the state it’s in.

This is also the game’s forum, if people are disappointed with some aspect of the game, this is the place they have to share that. Or are the Anet staff all telepathic?

Seriously, you’d rather have it not exist at all than have it in its current state? That’s ridiculously unfair to both ArenaNet and the people that actually enjoy it even without being able to do it with friends.

This is such a minor issue, stop blowing it out of proportion. The activity doesn’t even give any unique or meaningful reward. It’s for fun; if you can’t have fun without your friends, then do something else.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Stormleaf.1769

Stormleaf.1769

A PvP system does not work with a dungeon requires learning.

I don’t mind having to play with pugs, pugs can learn and eventually understand the mechanics, the problem is that once you do that you can’t say “okay guys everyone knows what to do lets restart this and keep all the yaks alive”, because once you restart you get a completely new group of people and you’re back to step 1.

So, politely tell the new people what they should do to ensure all the yaks stay alive. You’re not the only person that wants to get the achievement done, so just put in that bit of effort to tell them the best strategy and most of the time they’ll listen. I got the achievement on the second try simply by telling people—calmly and politely—how to best build the defenses.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

It does matter. It is one event. Not fifty. It’s not a requirement as far as character progression. There’s no noteworthy reward. As far as never being added, I disagree.

I suspect that this was added in this way for the casuals who returned to the game for the holidays and to see what’s what. So, in a way, it’s to help those without a guild, group, or friends who aren’t playing the game with them.

Yes, you can voice your disappointment. But, please understand just because you dislike something, doesn’t mean it’s game-breaking or a tragedy because it was added.

I know quite a few casuals who are grateful they didn’t have to beg for a group before trying this. And, if this lasts a week or so, the chances of getting group thins quite a bit.

That’s probably another reason for this.

Gone to Reddit.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Link.6157

Link.6157

This is the 3rd event now in 3 months, so i can’t complain. But please, just make one event and make it complete 100% before making new half-finshed events. Everything is just so extremely rushed it’s getting embarassing.
I just want to play with my Guild in things like this, it would make it a million times more fun. I understand GW needs to adjust to being a whole MMO but stil.
And people who say this toypocalipse is easy, just got lucky because 50%chance someone drops out, or half doesn’t know what to do.
And btw the event runs until next year, that seems time enough to fix this?
And just a little remark about the actual toypocalipse: make it so people have time to discuss or check out what they can do, there is no time to talk.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Swagart.6315

Swagart.6315

I wish I could do this with friends. I really don’t like joining it halfway through and being told I’m being carried by the person who is killing dolls while I’m setting up much needed siege.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Mandrax.7342

Mandrax.7342

Total nightmare. Nobody listens, nobody builds, it’s like banging your head against a brick wall…. It’s too random to get people that aren’t clueless. Really bad idea not allowing join as party.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Like Snowball Mayhem and the Bell Choior, the Toypocalypse is an activity. They are using the same systems, and these systems do not permit joining by party. Unfortunately due to technical limitations and time constraints before the holidays, we cannot change it. We understand that this is not ideal for people who wish to play in the same party and who are finding it difficult in random groups. We will be adjusting the “Toypocalypse Cancelled” achievement so that you will need to keep only one gift dolyak alive. We do not have an ETA on when this change will be live. Thank you for your feedback. We have been listening, and we will take your comments on board for future game updates.

Wow, you guys are srsly gonna make it easy on whinners??
c’mon now, what about all of us who actually did it with all 5 dolyaks alive, we didnt got any extra reward or title or anything,
are we going to get any extra something for that or what?

Yeah, and what about all the people who paid for Lineage 2 before it went F2P? Come on now.
You did it with the 5 Dolyaks, good for your self-realization, and you will have something to brag about with others.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Link.6157

Link.6157

I don’t get some people, first complain that achievements are just a side thing to do, but when they change it to make it easier, it’s suddenly important? Also, why do some people here hate the fact that we want to play this with friends? While both systems possible would be awesome.
Anyway, this topic was about partys to join, that would fix all other problems imo. I just have alot less fun playing this with a pug, while it is an awesome dungeon/event and i could do it all day with people from the Guild.

in Wintersday

Posted by: ConterK.3972

ConterK.3972

i did it on my 2nd try.. no dolyak ever came down to half hp..

in Wintersday

Posted by: Swizzle.7982

Swizzle.7982

I know quite a few casuals who are grateful they didn’t have to beg for a group before trying this. And, if this lasts a week or so, the chances of getting group thins quite a bit.

That’s great, I’m glad it works for those people. However There’s no reason they couldn’t have had it both ways.

You keep trying to make out that this is just one insignificant thing, to many people it isn’t, and rightly so. The game is an MMO, and one of the most basic MMO functionalities of partying, that is PLAYING WITH FRIENDS, is missing. That’s not a small thing at all. Yes it’s one event. And that’s one event too many.

I’m also pretty kitten sure it wasn’t made like this to please casuals. “technical limitations and time constraints” are the reasons Anet gave. It’s also not as if this is one mistake in an otherwise flawless game, there are a lot of problems with GW2. Playing with your friends is something so central to MMOs that it should never have been gotten so badly wrong, not even in a single event.

in Wintersday

Posted by: ConterK.3972

ConterK.3972

Like Snowball Mayhem and the Bell Choior, the Toypocalypse is an activity. They are using the same systems, and these systems do not permit joining by party. Unfortunately due to technical limitations and time constraints before the holidays, we cannot change it. We understand that this is not ideal for people who wish to play in the same party and who are finding it difficult in random groups. We will be adjusting the “Toypocalypse Cancelled” achievement so that you will need to keep only one gift dolyak alive. We do not have an ETA on when this change will be live. Thank you for your feedback. We have been listening, and we will take your comments on board for future game updates.

Wow, you guys are srsly gonna make it easy on whinners??
c’mon now, what about all of us who actually did it with all 5 dolyaks alive, we didnt got any extra reward or title or anything,
are we going to get any extra something for that or what?

Yeah, and what about all the people who paid for Lineage 2 before it went F2P? Come on now.
You did it with the 5 Dolyaks, good for your self-realization, and you will have something to brag about with others.

i can’t brag about something that cant be shown!!
if they change it is pretty much as they’r mocking on my, and all those who did it with 5 dolyaks, faces..

hence why i asked for extra compensation for those that finish it with 5 dolyaks alive..

in Wintersday

Posted by: Fingolfin.3018

Fingolfin.3018

We will be adjusting the “Toypocalypse Cancelled” achievement so that you will need to keep only one gift dolyak alive.

Pathetic… What’s the next step ? Giving the achievement for entering Toypocalypse ?
Be able to get “Apprentice Toymaker” without doing every other achievements related to Wintersday was bad enough. Now you are nerfing an achievement that wasn’t even challenging in the first place…

in Wintersday

Posted by: Scribbles.3974

Scribbles.3974

i litterally loged in just to say that………you cant just make the achievement only call for 1 dolyak….that is WAY to easy, you take the hardness away and people get lazy, toypocalypse like many other TD games (yes this is a variation of TD) require cunning and hard work to play good, making that less than what it should be is going to put this minigame at a standard that people like me who thuroghly enjoy TD games to just be like “this is too easysauce…”

Dark Lotusblossom – 80 Thief
Bedroom Knights. [Sock]
Sea of Sorrows

in Wintersday

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

I got it on my second run. After you realize that placing turrets and walls is important, it really isn’t that bad of an achievement to get.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

in Wintersday

Hermes.7014

I still don’t get why people wants difficult challenges out of a seasonal event. It’s always like this, but only on this game.
In every other MMORPG I played there was never, and I mean never, real challenge in seasonal events, and they were still fun for everyone in a relaxed way.

A seasonal event should be meant to be enjoyed even for a level 1 newbie. And not just veteran level 80s.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

(edited by Hermes.7014)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

It’s one event. It’s not a required one. And it’s just a game. I really don’t get why people are getting so bent out of shape about this. Can we please keep a little perspective?

If you feel that this situation is so damaging to your fun or entertainment because of having to randomly group once, for a shared goal, maybe it is time for you to move on.

It’s not just one event, it’s the snowball mayhem and choir bell events too, there isn’t much else to Wintersday besides the dungeon; a majority of it is made up of solo activities. This unfortunate design already happened for the two Halloween activities and even keg brawl.

Solo queue only for group activities is completely foolish in the first place.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Illicit.2749

Illicit.2749

This is the single biggest flaw of the entire event and needs to be promptly addressed before it ends.

I mean screw everyone who had a 5 man party ready to run on voice comms, right guys? Let’s just let a bunch of random players come and go as they please during one instance.

On the bright side, at least we weren’t forced to run this instance to get the event title.

Illicit – Guardian
Consul of Os Guild
Administrator – shiverpeaks.com

(edited by Illicit.2749)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ekolius.7081

Ekolius.7081

While Anet is going to ease the “difficulty” of the toypacalypse minigame they should hand out ancient karka boxes to those who already completed it for compensation.

Actually, they should stop all new game content all together. Instead release DLCs for each new holiday event.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

It’s not just one event, it’s the snowball mayhem and choir bell events too, there isn’t much else to Wintersday besides the dungeon; a majority of it is made up of solo activities.

Snowball is not a “solo activity” lol. If anything the event is too much forced grouping.

I agree that Toypocalypse should have allowed groups, as long as balance wasn’t effected….but snowball is perfect as is.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in Wintersday

Posted by: NeuWerld.7360

NeuWerld.7360

Why not just add another achievement for completing it with at least one alive that way those of us who spent a lot of time and frustration getting the achievement for all 5 alive don’t have it deleted?

in Wintersday

Latorn.4209

It’s not just one event, it’s the snowball mayhem and choir bell events too, there isn’t much else to Wintersday besides the dungeon; a majority of it is made up of solo activities.

Snowball is not a “solo activity” lol. If anything the event is too much forced grouping.

I agree that Toypocalypse should have allowed groups, as long as balance wasn’t effected….but snowball is perfect as is.

You can join Snowball Mayhem in groups, rather than being randomly assigned team members?

This is what I meant by solo activity, you cannot play it with your friends/guildmates.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Rakenclaw.3508

Rakenclaw.3508

Completed it, just need to find a competent pug. People just need a little practice at it and they’ll get the hang of it.

in Wintersday

Raincrow.1840

You can join Snowball Mayhem in groups, rather than being randomly assigned team members?

This is what I meant by solo activity, you cannot play it with your friends/guildmates.

A group of random team members is still a group. Just becuase you can’t be with established friends does not mean you’re playing it solo.

in Wintersday

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

Why not just add another achievement for completing it with at least one alive that way those of us who spent a lot of time and frustration getting the achievement for all 5 alive don’t have it deleted?

It won’t be deleted, just the requirements adjusted. If you already have it you’ll more than likely keep it.

Every single time people complain en masse that something’s too difficult to be fun someone has to come in and say “oh come on it’s so easy I did it in x tries”. That’s nice that you did, but the same doesn’t necessarily hold true for everyone else.

I gave this another try and kept landing in groups with less than 5 yaks alive. I also have lag making my usefulness nearly zero – everything takes 1-2 seconds to register.

The current system is just encouraging people to game hop until they find a game that’s nearly done with 5 yaks still alive. I approve of the change in the achievement because it negates this issue – and those who already got it will still have gotten it when it was hard. Things being made easier after you complete them don’t negate your skill.

in Wintersday

Latorn.4209

A group of random team members is still a group. Just becuase you can’t be with established friends does not mean you’re playing it solo.

You’re arguing semantics when I’ve already explained to you what I meant >.<

Replace “a majority of it is made up of solo activities.”, with “a majority of it is made up of activities, which you can only solo queue”.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Vaelic.2497

Vaelic.2497

event basically ruined because we cant do it with friends

in Wintersday

Raincrow.1840

Replace “a majority of it is made up of solo activities.”, with “a majority of it is made up of activities, which you can only solo queue”.

Yes, I am arguing semantics, because as a solo player I don’t agree with your attack against solo play. Especially since the activity in question isn’t even a solo instance, it’s important to me that you get it right.

Besides that… Regardless of what you meant to say, it’s still a good thing that Snow Ball (And Keg Brawl as well) don’t allow pre made groups. I get it, you like to play with friends, and Toypocalypse would have been fine for it….. but you really don’t need every activity in the game to cater to your playstyle.

in Wintersday

Posted by: NeuWerld.7360

NeuWerld.7360

It won’t be deleted, just the requirements adjusted. If you already have it you’ll more than likely keep it.

Every single time people complain en masse that something’s too difficult to be fun someone has to come in and say “oh come on it’s so easy I did it in x tries”. That’s nice that you did, but the same doesn’t necessarily hold true for everyone else.

I gave this another try and kept landing in groups with less than 5 yaks alive. I also have lag making my usefulness nearly zero – everything takes 1-2 seconds to register.

The current system is just encouraging people to game hop until they find a game that’s nearly done with 5 yaks still alive. I approve of the change in the achievement because it negates this issue – and those who already got it will still have gotten it when it was hard. Things being made easier after you complete them don’t negate your skill.

I know it won’t be deleted, and believe me I’m not saying this was easy or anything less then incredibly frustrating depending on group. It took me a good while to get this achievement and a lot of frustrating groups, which is why I would like the achievement with “all dolyaks alive” to stay and another achievement with “at least one dolyak alive” to be added to the list. I think everybody wins then, and it’s 1 extra achievement to use to get the Apprentice Toymaker title. I dunno, I just want everybody to win but would like to keep an achievement that I spent a few hours doing when in reality I could’ve waited a few days and done it in < 30 minutes after the adjustment.

in Wintersday

Latorn.4209

Yes, I am arguing semantics, because as a solo player I don’t agree with your attack against solo play. Especially since the activity in question isn’t even a solo instance, it’s important to me that you get it right.

Besides that… Regardless of what you meant to say, it’s still a good thing that Snow Ball (And Keg Brawl as well) don’t allow pre made groups. I get it, you like to play with friends, and Toypocalypse would have been fine for it….. but you really don’t need every activity in the game to cater to your playstyle.

Haha, man, you actually think it’s a good thing that you can’t join activities as groups? Isn’t this game supposed to be social? Geez, I guess we just have really different perspectives on this. I don’t see why there would be a problem if group queues were matched against other groups, and solo queues were matched against PuGs.

in Wintersday

neon.4863

I know it won’t be deleted, and believe me I’m not saying this was easy or anything less then incredibly frustrating depending on group. It took me a good while to get this achievement and a lot of frustrating groups, which is why I would like the achievement with “all dolyaks alive” to stay and another achievement with “at least one dolyak alive” to be added to the list. I think everybody wins then, and it’s 1 extra achievement to use to get the Apprentice Toymaker title. I dunno, I just want everybody to win but would like to keep an achievement that I spent a few hours doing when in reality I could’ve waited a few days and done it in < 30 minutes after the adjustment.

Not really, since that’d still make the achievement for 5 yaks a pain to obtain. You do keep the achievement, you do keep the fact you did it while it was hard. It won’t make your achievement any less impressive if it’s made easier to obtain.

I’m still trying and still having problems to even find a game where the yaks aren’t all half dead already. The one game I found, people didn’t rebuild siege and a yak went down by round 3. Some people get lucky and find competent PUGs, but I’m finding that incredibly difficult (and frustrating) on my end.

The problem is the fact the difficulty lies almost entirely with the fact you’re in a random group instead of an organized one. That’s not difficulty, that’s just poor design.

Edit:

Games joined: 15
Games with 5 yaks alive: 3
Games that lost a yak before round 1 was over: 2
Games that lost a yak before round 4 was over: 1

(edited by neon.4863)

in Wintersday

Raincrow.1840

Haha, man, you actually think it’s a good thing that you can’t join activities as groups?

Yes, for some things. You’ve got your little dungeons and fractals already.

For small group PvP things like Snow Ball it’s very good to keep your premade out of them.

Isn’t this game supposed to be social? Geez, I guess we just have really different perspectives on this.

Yes we do have different perspectives and that’s something you group players need to realize. Not everyone plays MMOs for the reasons you play them, which is why MMOs have a wide varity of content types.

Is the game “supposed to be social”? Only if you WANT it to be. There is no reason to force it on people, as all that would do is drive paying players away.

Besides… If you’re looking to be “social” you don’t need game mechanics at all. Being in a group and killing stuff isn’t social anyway.

I don’t see why there would be a problem if group queues were matched against other groups, and solo queues were matched against PuGs.

I don’t see the problem with group dungeons like fractals having solo versions, so I don’t need a group at all. When I get that, you can have pre made bersions of pug content.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Wookums.8106

Wookums.8106

I know this had been said many times already, but I would like to get it off my chest as well.

I really am disappointed that we cannot do this as a group. It’s not fair to have us doing these dungeons with out guildies in each of the capitals for the past 5 days and to have us excited about surviving waves of these little toy menaces together to bring us… this.

I was annoyed about not being able to do the other two activities together, but I was able to overlook it. The snowball one I get, I can justify that within my own logic. There are winners in that game and I would hate to be endless going up against a group of organized individuals, regardless of team shuffling. The bells I was willing to overlook since it’s not my thing. But toypocalypse? I’ve been doing this for the past 5 days to have it end like this?

I’m annoyed… but not mad, more sad if anything. I understand there were “technical limitations” and “time constraints” but PLEASE consider the guilds, the friends and the families that play together. Anet, please take the time to make it so that we can play all these fun activities you guys come up with together! I love this game for many reasons, but I play it because of my friends.

Rampant Apathy [AMOK] – Tarnished Coast

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kagosin.8521

Kagosin.8521

The event is pretty recent, and people act as if everyone is going to understand it straight off the back.

Out of the 5 runs i did, only the first 2 was failed, but after the 3rd+ run we started keeping all 5 alive, even pulling one off almost solo.

The problem i’m seeing with people on here is lack of patience nor teaching. I get that people are disappointed that they can’t run with their friends and that’s fine. What gets me is people shutting out the idea to run with random people.

It’s slightly annoying seeing people blame other things than themselves for some stuff.

(edited by Kagosin.8521)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

All the other content in the workshop is party based. The mechanics of toypocalypse are not that different. Why was it set up as an activity in the first place? It was obvious people would want to play this with friends.

I usually roll with the punches on stuff like this from Arenanet, but “we’ll do better next time” does not really cut it. We still have two more weeks of Wintersday. Take how ever many programmers you need to make this work with parties. No reason we couldn’t see a fix with in three days, including testing. Then go back to what ever else everyone is working on.

The reaction was totally predictable and I just don’t get why it wasn’t designed correctly right from the start…

in Wintersday

Posted by: BaZomic.8392

BaZomic.8392

I’ve tied this more then 20 times with groups that don’t seem to care or understand what to do!!! I’m grateful to hear that I can still get the achievement for only keeping 1 dolyak alive. It’s pretty frustrating to only get up to lvl 3-4 before your team gets wiped cuz they don’t seem that they care to keep the dolyaks alive.

GW2 for the win!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

The event just started, and people act as if everyone is going to understand it straight off the back.

Out of the 5 runs i did, only the first 2 was failed, but after the 3rd+ run we started keeping all 5 alive.

The problem i’m seeing with people on here is lack of patience nor teaching. I get that people are disappointed that they can’t run with their friends and that’s fine. What gets me is people shutting out the idea to run with random people.

I log a lot of hours. My friends have a lot less play time. When they do have time, they want to be able to, shocker, play with their friends! It’s pretty simple. In fact, it was an oft touted design principle. We got level scaling, which does work, but guesting is AWOL and now we get a big holiday event clearly best enjoyed with friends and there is no way to actually play with friends.

You can not tell me that they couldn’t apply a queuing system to this that could keep a party together. They can send party members to the same story instance, the same dungeon instance and the same overflow server for a zone, but they can’t send players to the same activity instance? Sorry, I don’t buy that there would be much programming involved at all.

(BTW, why are activities designed with out this functionality by default? Activities are for fun and people have more fun when they can play with their friends. All group activities should have offered party linking by default. That the obvious functionality is still missing, leading to the issues with this particular event, just shows bad planning).

Back to the game. Guess I have to hope my friends with limited playtime don’t decide to log on during the next hour and not looking forward to explaining to them why we can’t do this together. The game is wonderful, but some nights I have to make excuses for the developers I just shouldn’t have to make…

in Wintersday

Posted by: LazyCanuck.4157

LazyCanuck.4157

i have pretty much zero interest at all in doing this event now, i play this game to play with my friends, not a bunch of random people i have no interest in talking to or ever seeing ever again.

What kind of design concept includes group events that you cant even play in the group you want too.

This event overall has still be great but Toypocaltpse is a failure in my eyes because i don’t even want to play it now at all.

I hated the snowball game for this same reason. The Bell game was fun but i still wanted to do it with friends, so i lost interest after getting the achievement and never went back.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Justin Andrews.7902

Justin Andrews.7902

Sorry to slightly change the subject, but, my only problem with the new event is the fact that yes you did give us 200 Mystical Cogs from Tixx’ chest, but not the opertunity to at least get 50 more, as you need 250 of them to actually make a toy, kinda suck’s if i am honest

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kelayda.8359

Kelayda.8359

The only Wintersday event you can do with friends/guildies right now is the Infinarium. That content is pretty much pointless if you’ve already done the previous days or you’re just farming presents.

I was looking forward to a dungeon I could do with guildies, that would maybe shed some more light on Tixx & Toxx (there’s so little story there when it feels like there was meant to be more), just something Wintersday related other than the Infinarium that wasn’t with PUGs or on my own.

I like that ANet took a chance on a new game mode, but it just doesn’t feel like this was implemented well.

in Wintersday

Posted by: BaZomic.8392

BaZomic.8392

Sorry to slightly change the subject, but, my only problem with the new event is the fact that yes you did give us 200 Mystical Cogs from Tixx’ chest, but not the opertunity to at least get 50 more, as you need 250 of them to actually make a toy, kinda suck’s if i am honest

Those cogs are for the ppl that had a bug earlier this week that didn’t allow them to receive there cogs.

GW2 for the win!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

[quote=1052396;ReginaBuenaobra.6953:We will be adjusting the “Toypocalypse Cancelled” achievement so that you will need to keep only one gift dolyak alive.
[/quote]

Well, that’s kind of excessive. I mean, you’re basically giving people an achievement simply for not losing?

I agree that keeping 5 alive might be tricky when people keep joining and leaving, parties get separated, etc., but the achievement should always require something a bit beyond “not losing”.

3 dolyaks would be adequate for public groups, 2 would be easy but acceptable, 1 just feels like a non-achievement.

- Al Zheimer

in Wintersday

neon.4863

The event is pretty recent, and people act as if everyone is going to understand it straight off the back.

Out of the 5 runs i did, only the first 2 was failed, but after the 3rd+ run we started keeping all 5 alive, even pulling one off almost solo.

It’s slightly annoying seeing people blame other things than themselves for some stuff.

I’ve attempted this 20 times now. 16 times a yak had already been lost, so they don’t count.

4 other times:

2 groups lost a yak before the first round was over. One refused to build siege, the other had a yak at 1/10 health before all 5 of us were at center.

1 group lost a yak before the end of round 4, though it was fairly organized, 2 people disconnected and we got 2 subs who didn’t really know what was going on.

last group (after spending half an hour there) lost a yak to Toxx not because the two of us who knew what we were doing wouldn’t teach – we repeatedly told people what to do. We constantly told people to please snipe Toxx away from the yaks. They didn’t listen and Toxx took down a yak even though we had all 5 almost at full health. This was round 5.

So no, it’s not always that we don’t want to teach – it’s sometimes people just don’t want to listen.

in Wintersday

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

Completed it wihtout loosing a dolyak 4 times in a row wihtout any need for any1 in group to communicate.

Things will get easier as time goes on as more and more people learn how to be effective. it isnt hard. .have patience.

The decision to nerf the achievment is bad 1, obviosly ,,but Anet wil ldo as they please ..those of us who got the achievment before the nerf have that atleast..feel sorry for people who get it after the nerf ..isnt exactly an achievment at that point…but im sure they could just keep doing it til lthey complete it wihtout loosing a dolyak as an unoffical achiemvent for themselves..

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

in Wintersday

Latorn.4209

Haha, man, you actually think it’s a good thing that you can’t join activities as groups?

Yes, for some things. You’ve got your little dungeons and fractals already.

For small group PvP things like Snow Ball it’s very good to keep your premade out of them.

Why? Why is having the option for people to play the way they want a bad thing?

Isn’t this game supposed to be social? Geez, I guess we just have really different perspectives on this.

Yes we do have different perspectives and that’s something you group players need to realize. Not everyone plays MMOs for the reasons you play them, which is why MMOs have a wide varity of content types.

Exactly my point, why is giving grouped players the OPTION, while keeping solo queue for solo players a bad thing?

Is the game “supposed to be social”? Only if you WANT it to be. There is no reason to force it on people, as all that would do is drive paying players away.

Really? How is having the OPTION to queue as a group and the OPTION to solo queue FORCING social aspects on people?

Besides… If you’re looking to be “social” you don’t need game mechanics at all. Being in a group and killing stuff isn’t social anyway.

Essentially you’re saying that tackling challenges that require teamwork isn’t a social activity, haha, the only means of being “social” is by chatting? >.<

I don’t see why there would be a problem if group queues were matched against other groups, and solo queues were matched against PuGs.

I don’t see the problem with group dungeons like fractals having solo versions, so I don’t need a group at all. When I get that, you can have pre made bersions of pug content.

How subtly hypocritical of you =P lol, this post doesn’t make much sense to me.

The system I was describing is pretty much the League of Legends matchmaking system, you can solo queue against other PuGs, or you can group queue against groups.

(edited by Latorn.4209)

in Wintersday

Latorn.4209

Completed it wihtout loosing a dolyak 4 times in a row wihtout any need for any1 in group to communicate.

Things will get easier as time goes on as more and more people learn how to be effective. it isnt hard. .have patience.

The decision to nerf the achievment is bad 1, obviosly ,,but Anet wil ldo as they please ..those of us who got the achievment before the nerf have that atleast..feel sorry for people who get it after the nerf ..isnt exactly an achievment at that point…but im sure they could just keep doing it til lthey complete it wihtout loosing a dolyak as an unoffical achiemvent for themselves..

I don’t care about the achievement, I just want to have fun with my friends and guildmates.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Salamol.7963

Salamol.7963

I hope you’re working on these technical limitations. Pretty sure people brought this up during Halloween, you know, 2 months ago… I know I did. I think Wintersday is great… but I think you need to work on this grouping issue as a priority. I’d rather have to face strong pre-mades (which could be split up across teams) in PvP activities than not be able to play with friends. I mean heck… how fun would it be to have 16 guildies in the snowball arena!

Follow me: @Salamolign
Mist Angels [Mist] – Piken Square

in Wintersday

Hermes.7014

Someone seems to have missed the reason behind the Toypocalypse Canceled achievement “nerf”.
The main reason is people leaving instances as the first dolyak dies. They want to keep people in the instance having fun, that’s why they’d change it from five to one or possibly two dolyaks.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Cyga.1246

Cyga.1246

Worst event in Wintersday. Mad King at halloween was a lot better. Absolutly no fun playing this event with pugs;/