Unbreakable Choir Bell

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: Sarmach.1547

Sarmach.1547

ArenaNet would you please heavily consider putting this item in the Gem Store? As a musician this kind of stuff draws me but it saddens to see it made so rare and a pain to get. Being able to carry an instrument around to play with friends and group members would be a nice addition to entertain while waiting on people or having a party.

If not this then is the hope to see (an) instrument(s) added to the gem store in the future?

(edited by Sarmach.1547)

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

While we’re at it, I’d like to see a return of the air-instrument emotes

Polka will never die

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: Exterminans.9723

Exterminans.9723

And while at it, please consider reclassifying the unbreakable bell from “consumable” to “toy” so it can be stored in the toy slot of the city costume.

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

It’s a good idea. I’d buy that.

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: Aldred.9345

Aldred.9345

Well, they at least start out tradeable (same as some of the things in Black Lion Chests that they changed this patch). So if you want to pay ~78g (or equivalent in gems) you could always pick one up on the TP.

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Sarmach.1547

Well, they at least start out tradeable (same as some of the things in Black Lion Chests that they changed this patch). So if you want to pay ~78g (or equivalent in gems) you could always pick one up on the TP.

Well I know for a fact I’m getting 2k gems for Christmas. Which is only like 29g80s at current exchange rates. (Used the average rate per 100 gems) Currently I am pretty much broke.

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

While we’re at it, I’d like to see a return of the air-instrument emotes

This.

I’d love the bell, probably woulda bought it if it was in gem store. More-so if it was part of a costume.
I’m kinda worried though of how annoying the Bell may be in the wrong hands.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: Polaritie.4851

Polaritie.4851

Well I know for a fact I’m getting 2k gems for Christmas. Which is only like 29g80s at current exchange rates. (Used the average rate per 100 gems)

Right now it’s far more than that.

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Well I know for a fact I’m getting 2k gems for Christmas. Which is only like 29g80s at current exchange rates. (Used the average rate per 100 gems)

It’ll be like buying a legendary precursor.
I’m looking forward to how insane the perma banker price will be too.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Sarmach.1547

Could you do me a number crunch so I can get an idea? I didn’t have and gems to calculate an exact amount.

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: Aldred.9345

Aldred.9345

You’re talking pretty much 5,000 Gems at the current exchange rate – so assuming you’re in the US that’s somewhere around $80 I guess?

Not exactly cheap! But I suppose it’s a very rare item.

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: Meeooww.3742

Meeooww.3742

Yeah, this would be a great item to get. If I could get my hands on one, I would be playing so many pieces. Hope they make it obtainable by everyone or at least me. o .o

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: Hatter.8159

Hatter.8159

What do you loot this from? Just a random drop from a gift box?

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: Exterminans.9723

Exterminans.9723

About 0,1% (or even worse, more like 0,05%) from gifts.

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

sounds cool!!!!

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Instruments should be something purchasable and usable on demand, not something you can only get from luck.

Imagine the music we would have if it was like that in real life.
Yeah, it’ll all be minstrels! Minstrels everywhere!

Let play those who want (and can) play!

By the way, they should totally add more instruments. Like drums, guitars, violins, flutes and…
…asura synthesizers!
You could trip on a sinthesizer! Electronic world for every boy and every girl!

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I don’t think this will happen. Sorry. Wasn’t there an endless halloween tonic at the halloween event? So they made something similar here and they choose the unbreakable choir for this. They could use something else but then someone else would complain for some reaseon. Better leave it like that and maybe bring other stuff for people to make music some time in the future(maybe give the unbreakable choir a cool graphics animation effect and then add later in the future other ordinary stuff without that to make music).

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

ANet is just trying to get your money in creative new ways, give them some credit.

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: konvay.2157

konvay.2157

I would like to see this given out as a reward from the Bell Choir Ensemble event to those that score 600 (that’s the max for 100%ing, right?) I didn’t find it that hard. It could be obtainable in other ways, but I’d like to see it, in true Arenanet style, available to those that want to pay and those that want to achieve it through proficiency.

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lasciel.5046

Lasciel.5046

I’d buy it in a heartbeat if the bell was in the gem store, no question.

Has anyone managed to hear what scale they use (if any)? Because then looking up and converting melodies would be much easier. It sounds a bit like a simple progression without half notes, but I’ve never been good at playing by ear.

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

@Lasciel

You can get a consumable one to see for yourself ppl sell them in tp for just over 1s or you can turn in a small amt of the socks/hats/sweaters for it.

What actually drops them? Is it the gem winters day box or can it be gotten through the personalized gifts from spvp event or through the presents dropped from mobs?

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

The bell doesn’t have half-tones. It covers 3 octaves. (deep, middle, high) like the bell choir minigame does, but all in one.

I’d like the idea to convert it from consumable to toy, to wear it along the townclothes. Off course the time limit for playing it MUST dissapear. it’s the only thing about the the bell that really bothers me.

And hell yeah, MORE instruments! (As toys?) I’d like the asuran synthesizer too. x)

Edit: They drop from regular presents. But X-tremely rare.

Trahearne <3

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lasciel.5046

Lasciel.5046

Oh, didn’t see there were one-time use ones. I’ll check it out, thank you.

Edit@kuschel: Thanks. I guess it makes sense to not use half tones in order to make random playing sound better (well, less bad) but it does limit the possibilities quite a lot…

(edited by Lasciel.5046)

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: Duskmelt.9834

Duskmelt.9834

I would buy this +1

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

Oh well, $80 for a bell :S

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Sarmach.1547

The bells are in C major. I have a reddit thread where we are figuring out pieces to play on them. http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/14w8be/choir_bell_songs/

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: Brain Wash.4098

Brain Wash.4098

For the musically inclined, it is a D Dorian scale if my memory serves me correctly.

That is, D – E – F – G – A – B – C – D

Which is of course all of the notes of a C Major scale, just laid out from D to D instead. Why they chose this is beyond me, because C to C would have opened up a much easier range of songs to choose from. Instead we get a minor scale with a creepy raised 6th. Happy Holidays?

(edited by Brain Wash.4098)

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: Bregah.7365

Bregah.7365

The bells are in C major. I have a reddit thread where we are figuring out pieces to play on them. http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/14w8be/choir_bell_songs/

Thank you for this link!

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

I cant play them worth crap and would never buy one but Yes I want to see this happen so more crative musical people than myself can easly get there hands on them

I also want to see that loot (( the one the bard at Haloween had)) get the same treatment

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

At least a MF recipe would be nice, I was contemplating posting a thread, but I doubt anyone from Anet would respond.

Something like 250 consumable bells (or more) , gears, glue, and some fourth item

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

This is one of the greatest additions to the game. I don’t think it should be overly easy to aquire though (I had to sell a ton of stuff to buy one).

I’ve been getting a kick writing Xmas music and playing it around town. It brings a smile to people’s faces and a crowd gathers each time I go through a set. What surprised me was the generous tips flying around!

Very cool. I’d like to see some other instruments in the future!

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Its currently about 40g in the TP.
I picked one up myself and its definitely worth the price.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: HERO.2057

HERO.2057

While you are at it,

Can we also have on the TP the following:

- All armors so I don’t have to play the dungeons
– Levels so I don’t have to play the game
– All types of loot from trash (gray) to Legendary (Pinky) so I don’t have to play the game
– All the crafting materials so I don’t have to play the game

Thank you!

Electronic Empire [eE]
———
Commander of Blacktide

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

I’ve been getting a kick writing Xmas music and playing it around town. It brings a smile to people’s faces and a crowd gathers each time I go through a set. What surprised me was the generous tips flying around!

Man, I will love to spend more time at LA just to listen to bell music, a nice change from the default orchestral background music

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: chaosmesmer.9857

chaosmesmer.9857

YES PLEASE. I would love the bell to be in the gem store. I’ve spent too much on boxes without success.

Unbreakable Choir Bell

in Wintersday

Posted by: Xolosheep.1649

Xolosheep.1649

I would love to have the unbreakable bell in gem store too. I would spend 20 bucks of gems just so I can perform Beethoven’s Symphony 9 in Lions Arch. :S

The bell choir is the best mini game of all time. Too bad it’s gonna go away after the holidays and the chance of getting one of those unbreakable bell is razor slim.

I don’t understand why Anet didn’t design the reward in a way that for people who consistently did well in the bell choirs will build up a higher chance of getting the reward. That’s in line with the idea that the skillful ones are being rewarded instead of pure RNG.

I’ve been playing playing bell choirs every hour I logged in, to a point I can consistently score 590-600, and figured out how to perform Symphony 9 – 4th movement. Yet after many hundreds of gift boxes there is no bell, and my skill is not giving me any advantage in the loot chance.

Please Anet, please consider putting the bell up in gem store~