Weren't ear muffs supposed to be free?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

I read before Wintersday that they would be a free item in the gem store. Why did it change?

in Wintersday

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

I read that too, so since it was written by someone not representing ANet, I guess they got their information wrong.

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

in Wintersday

Posted by: Dinny.5310

Dinny.5310

25 gems is practically free, tbh. I mean, if you use currency exchange to buy gems.

Dinny [Asura/Guardian] – Annachponae [Asura/Thief]

in Wintersday

Posted by: Henqquli.5078

Henqquli.5078

Imo santa hat should be free, but thats just me :p

in Wintersday

Posted by: Araushnee.1852

Araushnee.1852

I think it is because people complained about the free wizard hat being given to only new people. So they decided to charge for the ear muffs when they added the wizard hat. That’s my guess anyway. But 25 gems isn’t that much.

Gamer Gal

in Wintersday

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

25 Gems is essentially free.

I got mine for 50 silver.

For Gem Store items, that’s nothing.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Maka.5604

Maka.5604

There’s a free wizards hat if you scroll all the way down in styles.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I wouldn’t mind free muffs. 25 gems is pretty cheapish though.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

25 Gems is essentially free.

No, 25 gems is essentially 25 more than free. It might not be expensive, but it’s certainly not free. And if they did say it was going to be free (I didn’t see it), then it should be free.

I’m not really interested in the earmuffs (or the wizard hat), but I do think it’s a bit odd that the free item for Wintersday has nothing to do with Wintersday.

- Al Zheimer

in Wintersday

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

The free item for Wintersday is just the one they were already giving away for free to new players.

Likely to appease everyone that was like “I already bought the game!”

I recall someone posting that they contacted support to get a refund in order to re-buy the game and get the bonus items.

in Wintersday

Clark Skinner.4902

This was an insider preview of wintersday I believe.

Also, 52 silver isn’t practically free. It’ll buy a lot of waypoints and armor repairs.

Not that I’m complaining, I don’t even want them, but thought I would ask.

in Wintersday

Account.9832

I recall someone posting that they contacted support to get a refund in order to re-buy the game and get the bonus items.

Which makes perfect sense.

You’d think someone at Arena Net would have figured that out, or at least learned from the mistakes of others (cough*blizzard*cough), who managed to alienate a significant chunk of their playerbase by systematically giving better deals to new players (or players who had previously cancelled their subscription) than to players who had faithfully spent a ton of money on the game.

The deluxe edition is currently cheaper than the standard edition was two weeks ago. And yet, people who bought the standard edition (and possibly spent a lot of money on gem store items since) get nothing to make up for that – not to mention people who bought the deluxe edition at full price just before the promotion.

Well, now they get an ugly hat. I’m sure that makes them feel a lot more valued.

- Al Zheimer

in Wintersday

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

You’d think someone at Arena Net would have figured that out, or at least learned from the mistakes of others (cough*blizzard*cough), who managed to alienate a significant chunk of their playerbase by systematically giving better deals to new players (or players who had previously cancelled their subscription) than to players who had faithfully spent a ton of money on the game.

The deluxe edition is currently cheaper than the standard edition was two weeks ago. And yet, people who bought the standard edition (and possibly spent a lot of money on gem store items since) get nothing to make up for that – not to mention people who bought the deluxe edition at full price just before the promotion.

Well, now they get an ugly hat. I’m sure that makes them feel a lot more valued.

I don’t feel like they’ve learned much from any other game’s prior experience (not even from the original Guild Wars).

Granted, they want plenty of new people that are eager to fork over cash for gold (to catch-up gear-wise to everyone else) and haven’t already been burned by ArenaNet’s RNG strategy for pay-for items.

in Wintersday

Clark Skinner.4902

To be fair, to join in the game now with current loot rate and difficulty making money on the trading post, they can have their bonuses! The best part of the game for me was september, and I wouldn’t trade a september for the current discount.

in Wintersday

Posted by: nelopp.6140

nelopp.6140

Because kittens cry for a free wizard hat,which is just a reskinned witch hat.Btw I got my earmuffs for showing hair style, rather than using a hat that makes you bald;)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Skribbl.7684

Skribbl.7684

You are complaining about 50ish silver…? Really?

Woah, stop the presses…

Ralek Manatech – Engineer
Kaithlynia – Mesmer
Fort Aspenwood

in Wintersday

Clark Skinner.4902

You responded to:

Also, 52 silver isn’t practically free. It’ll buy a lot of waypoints and armor repairs.
Not that I’m complaining, I don’t even want them, but thought I would ask.

With:

You are complaining about 50ish silver…? Really?

I don’t even.

in Wintersday

Posted by: LordYz.8941

LordYz.8941

I believe it was suppose to be free until ppl comnplaining about new players getting pointy wizard hat. So now we get free lame hat and ear muffs cost 25 gems. It is not expensive but hey. THANKS whiners.

Sea of Sorrows, Black Snow Suave.
Recruiting dungeon raiders.

in Wintersday

Account.9832

Because kittens cry for a free wizard hat,which is just a reskinned witch hat.

Actually, it’s a completely different model.

- Al Zheimer

in Wintersday

Posted by: wcnighthawk.8530

wcnighthawk.8530

Which makes perfect sense.

So whenever a better phone deal comes out, you refund your phone? Whenever a better deal on the same car you got comes out, you refund your car? What about computer parts. Hell, you refund your girlfriend whenever a better looking girl comes around? Probably the same people that complain about 15 measly bucks a month for a sub but have no problems spending 50 in a month buying gems. You people make me laugh.

Current Rig: I7-980x Extreme, Nvidia Geforce GTX 670, 12gb Corsair Dominators @2000mhz

in Wintersday

Posted by: LordYz.8941

LordYz.8941

Rich ppl should not laugh at poor ppl. really. @wcnighthawk

Sea of Sorrows, Black Snow Suave.
Recruiting dungeon raiders.

in Wintersday

Posted by: wcnighthawk.8530

wcnighthawk.8530

Rich ppl should not laugh at poor ppl. really. @wcnighthawk

Where do you get that I’m laughing at poor people? I’m laughing at the self entitled people.

Current Rig: I7-980x Extreme, Nvidia Geforce GTX 670, 12gb Corsair Dominators @2000mhz

in Wintersday

Account.9832

So whenever a better phone deal comes out, you refund your phone? Whenever a better deal on the same car you got comes out, you refund your car?

Usually there’s no need; the company will simply refund the difference. They know it’s perfectly legal to return the product within a certain period (typically 2 months), so they’ll just refund the difference if you ask. You end up getting the same deal and they save on restocking costs, etc..

In fact, several companies will do that unprompted. If you buy some professional software and the price is lowered or a new version comes out within 2 months, the manufacturer will usually refund your money or give you a free upgrade to the new version.

It’s not even a matter of being “nice”, it’s just good business. Avoid refunds and helps companies keep their customers.

Hell, you refund your girlfriend whenever a better looking girl comes around?

I don’t buy my girlfriends. If you’re buying yours, I’m not sure if “girlfriend” is the correct term.

Probably the same people that complain about 15 measly bucks a month for a sub but have no problems spending 50 in a month buying gems. You people make me laugh.

I see you have me all figured out… not.

“You people” make me sigh.

- Al Zheimer