Where does one find recipes?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

I looked all over, but I could not find anyplace to buy or earn recipes that use snowflakes. Where were we supposed to get them? (And, are they still available?)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Not sure, but I got a number of recipes from the mysterious presents during Wintersday. And then there were the recipes that you could buy with socks/hats/sweaters. I saw some recipes for sale in the TP and was wondering if I should sell mine.

No clue if those used snowflakes though. It might be possible that you can discover recipes through crafting.

EDIT: Found some entries on the wiki: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Snowflake

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Wintersday

Daddicus.6128

Yeah, I found those, too. I was hoping there was a longer list. Can’t discover them without making random components, though.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ian Smith.8690

Ian Smith.8690

Cooking and JC are by discovery. The armor and weapon crafts are by recipe for the insignia and inscription. You cannot get the mats or recipes via the event as it ended on January 3rd. However, you can probably find both on the trading post.

Here is a list: http://dulfy.net/2012/12/15/gw2-wintersday-recipes/

You may want to bookmark/favorite that site as it has some list for other events and items as well.

I think a good developer should be a person not a professional. —DayZ designer Dean Hall

in Wintersday

Daddicus.6128

Thank you! That’s exactly what I was looking for.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

As Ian mentioned, Cooking and Jewelry recipes involving snowflakes are learned via Discovery. For all other disciplines, Armorsmithing/Leatherworker/Tailor, the low-level crafting recipes are learned automatically when your rank becomes high enough. Intricate/Imbued recipes could only be found from opening Gifts, so now that Wintersday is over, you need to purchase them from the TP. Fortunately, their prices basically hit rock bottom as the event progressed, so you can likely pick up each recipe for just 1c over their vendor price.