Where is the info?

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: JSmooth.7654

JSmooth.7654

It’s the week of the 14th.

Have you guys found any info about Wintersday beside the little bit on the official page?

I know about the backstory on GW2hub… but what about this year?

I am a tank at heart.
Sometimes I wonder what I’m doing here…

(edited by Moderator)

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Smoothy.1085

Smoothy.1085

While i do not agree on ANet ruining their game (i love gw2, also with lots a bugs but i know anet is busy) i DO agree that the wintersday info is too late! ;(

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Thanks for this post. Well written and to the point.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

Yeah, it starts in a few days. There’s been no info on the holiday event, and no mention of the other changes included in the massive patch. By the way, when will we be downloading the patch?

Either the developers are really hard at work, or they’re patiently waiting to drop another huge change (like the ascended bomb) on us. XD

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Dantaeus Heardt.5730

Dantaeus Heardt.5730

They are being suspiciously tight lipped about this update, I’m guessing they have something big planned. The lack of info only raises my anticipation further.

Dantaeus X Heardt Ranger Lvl 80
Zhaitans Tears Guild[ TWS ] NSP

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Dantaeus Heardt.5730

Dantaeus Heardt.5730

Dantaeus X Heardt Ranger Lvl 80
Zhaitans Tears Guild[ TWS ] NSP

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

The Wintersday event web page has been updated with a full schedule of all events taking place: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/december-2012/

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: DeadPhone.3084

DeadPhone.3084

nm. had to refresh

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: petytza.5043

petytza.5043

strange. if I click the link I just get the lidl info that was there before?

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

strange. if I click the link I just get the lidl info that was there before?

Have you tried clearing your cache and reloading the page?

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Azjenco.9425

The Wintersday event web page has been updated with a full schedule of all events taking place: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/december-2012/

Awesome, thanks Regina.

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: HunterFox.2578

HunterFox.2578

Imsoready for these events. Not to mention the dungeon for my four friends and i!

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

Can someone upload the trailer on youtube?
Video never worked since launch for me on gw2 website.

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Azjenco.9425

There you go.

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Drakkonis.2768

Drakkonis.2768

So, it’s basically just… Toys?

Do you think they’ll be usable post-Wintersday in a practical manner?

Chaos is the only true answer.

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

There you go.

Strange that i didn’t see when they posted it as I usually would. (Edit: nvm, they posted it unlisted for some reason)
Thank you.

(edited by Haishao.6851)

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I really hope that once a city got a visit, the toys / events / activities stay there until the end of the holidayevent. Otherwise I would have to log in everyday which I won’t be able to. I’d miss tons of fun events :-(

This reminds me of the one-time Karka-event, I hope this time it’s different :-/

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Dra Keln.2015

Dra Keln.2015

The activity only lasts the day but they’re all available again for two weeks or so once he arrives in LA. It’s actually a pretty brilliant compromise between one time events and giving everyone a chance at them

80 ele
Yaks Bend

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

Previous

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

I really hope that once a city got a visit, the toys / events / activities stay there until the end of the holidayevent. Otherwise I would have to log in everyday which I won’t be able to. I’d miss tons of fun events :-(

This reminds me of the one-time Karka-event, I hope this time it’s different :-/

If you miss any of the days in a specific city, you can re-play that days event all over again once Tixx arrives in Lion’s Arch. He will let you do this the entire time he is in Lion’s Arch, from his arrival there until the Wintersday event comes to an end.

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Dra Keln.2015

Dra Keln.2015

YESSSSSSS!
Sniped CJ!!!
Life complete

80 ele
Yaks Bend

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: rajjy.4832

rajjy.4832

If you miss any of the days in a specific city, you can re-play that days event all over again once Tixx arrives in Lion’s Arch. He will let you do this the entire time he is in Lion’s Arch, from his arrival there until the Wintersday event comes to an end.

Thank you so much!

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Hooray!! Thank you Anet :-) nice to see such an improvement for holiday events

so Dec.20 – Jan.3 … yeehaaa :-D

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

(edited by Marcus Greythorne.6843)

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Excellent move with the ability to replay a day’s events, ANet! I’m glad to see you’ve implemented improvements based on feedback from the Lost Shores event.

Just to confirm though, there aren’t any one-time events that take place when Tixx first shows up in the various cities?

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

It’s all instanced, and everything runs for a full day.

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: FuriousPop.2789

FuriousPop.2789

Thankyou Anet for this^^

Otherwise i will be finding it very hard to wake up 5am to be there at the same time Trixx arrives at each city each day..

I hope that the drops/drops rates/loot are the same as for when he arrives to each city than it is when doing the events when hes in lions arch, i dont want to be short changed again like what happened with lost shores……..

Thanks heaps for the info!!!

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: fortytwo.3485

fortytwo.3485

This looks awesome Im really psyched.

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: AnonEMouse.7932

AnonEMouse.7932

When did the normal Anet policy of using UTC/GMT for European zone timings, change to using CET?

Most English speaking users in Europe, are not even in the CET timezone.

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I don’t even know where the heck CET is. XD It’s the first time I’ve heard of it!

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: BlueOrchid.5374

BlueOrchid.5374

I don’t even know where the heck CET is. XD It’s the first time I’ve heard of it!

The yellow color is CET.

Attachments:

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

I’m really looking forward to another event with great loot given out to those who can make it, while I am out of town. Third update in a row where I miss the final “big event” and whatever rewards go with it. Excellent. (Sarcasm BTW)

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I’m really looking forward to another event with great loot given out to those who can make it, while I am out of town. Third update in a row where I miss the final “big event” and whatever rewards go with it. Excellent. (Sarcasm BTW)

There’s no excuse this time around. If you can’t make it in the very generous time span Anet has given for this event. It’s not Anet’s fault.

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

When did the normal Anet policy of using UTC/GMT for European zone timings, change to using CET?

Probably because they want to cause more confusion to southern hemisphere countries.

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Midnight.9205

Midnight.9205

I’d also like to drop in here to specifically say “Thank you” for the design of this event!

Plenty of time to see everything, irrespective of which time zone one lives in, very much appreciated, and well done!

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Probably because they want to cause more confusion to southern hemisphere countries.

Probably because a majority of EU players is actually in the CET timezone and the amount of people playing from the southern hemisphere is relatively small.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Where is the info?

in Wintersday

Posted by: JSmooth.7654

JSmooth.7654

Thank you

I am a tank at heart.
Sometimes I wonder what I’m doing here…