Winter Wonderland, empty loot chest.

in Wintersday

Posted by: iHacks.5632

iHacks.5632

Hello As the title say’s i ran the winter wonderland jumping puzzle, and when i got to the end opened the loot chest and received nothing. I ran it 3 more times after this and also gained nothing, on my 4th attempt i got 3 large presents. I have yet to receive my flash of liquid karma for today.

I dont know if its related or not but i also noticed there was another playing doing the puzzle. I noticed on a few failed attempts that as soon as the puzzle started he would vanish, only to reappear right before the next game started. Also when i finished the puzzle i noticed he was already standing on the last present right before the portal.

(edited by iHacks.5632)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

You might want to edit out his name. No naming and shaming on the forums; you can always report privately, but this and other MMO game companies do not allow what can easily become witch hunts.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Devbo.6280

Devbo.6280

I just had the same thing happen and didn’t receive anything in the end chest. I could open the chest, but nothing was rewarded. It only happened one time for me though.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Scrabman.7206

Scrabman.7206

I got the same thing happen to me just 20 minutes ago. Very frustrating tbh.

in Wintersday

Posted by: tmorrow.5189

tmorrow.5189

First run for the day. Empty chest. Seems there’s a different bug every day. They are all extremely annoying.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ayane Hajinmon.9165

Ayane Hajinmon.9165

i just did my first run for today and got nothing from the chest too

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kenarino.9231

Kenarino.9231

I just finished the JP 2 hours ago and opened an empty chest, what a waste of time.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Hill.5107

Hill.5107

Same. Did it once, no loot. Did it again, got tree giant present. A guildie just did it after me, he got full reward.

in Wintersday

Posted by: macker.9137

macker.9137

Same thing just happened to me today. First run got nothing from the chest. Second run I got the 3 presents.

in Wintersday

Posted by: katarl.3085

katarl.3085

Today and once last week (~19th) I also received no loot when I finished the JP. Like the others I didn’t even receive the 3 gifts. In both cases I finished the JP from “yesterday” slightly before the daily reset (around 2pm PST) and then again shortly after the daily reset. (around 430pm PST) In both cases, the completion made after the daily reset resulted in an empty chest.

It’s pretty frustrating this issue seems to have been going on for the entire Wintersday event.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lacechan.6524

Lacechan.6524

I wonder if it’s their anti-botting code that’s messing up. It was doing that earlier in the event when people would get booted straight to Lion’s Arch or the waiting platform after jumping into the giant present at the end of the puzzle.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Odd it seems random when I get the daily chest rewards or not.

How ever. Both the times I did finish the jumping puzzle. I managed to finish it quicker than one would be expected to finish by narrowly dodging boulders and such to get there quicker.

Perhaps that has some thing to do with it? Because I did the jumping puzzle today at a normal pace and got my rewards as intended.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Timze.7980

Timze.7980

Same here. Empty chest from JP on first try… second time normal 3 giant gifts.

If you are reading this, you are only waisting your time!
Still reading this? You know there is something better to be done for sure. -.-’’

in Wintersday

Posted by: Northlander.4619

Northlander.4619

This happened to me once before christmas (and before the jp fix patch I believe) but not since then. I don’t think the jumping speed has anything to do with it. I have jumped it both fast and slow and noticed no difference.

in Wintersday

Posted by: iHacks.5632

iHacks.5632

It seems like this is a common problem and Anet couldnt care less….

in Wintersday

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

This happened to me yesterday as well.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

in Wintersday

Posted by: Gordon Shumway.9418

Gordon Shumway.9418

Just happened to me. Nothing out of the chest.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

Happened to me just now -_-

in Wintersday

Posted by: Liquid Swords.1740

Liquid Swords.1740

just happened to me also, so lame

Fort Aspenwood – PRX

in Wintersday

Posted by: Sunapollo.9152

Sunapollo.9152

Just happened to me … it’s the bug of the day!

in Wintersday

Posted by: DaKenster.5801

DaKenster.5801

Finally had this happen to me, after never having an issue and running the puzzle everyday. Will do it again and see if I get the same result.

Edit: Just 3 Wintersday gifts now, bleh.

JQ- [VG]

(edited by DaKenster.5801)

in Wintersday

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

Happened just now. My last daily failed. GG :/

English is not my native language, sorry :<

in Wintersday

Posted by: John Wynn.3461

John Wynn.3461

This has happened to me three times now on various days, and again today. The worst part is it counts as your daily so you don’t get the bonus rewards. I’ve done runs after the empty chest run and only get 3 gifts. It’s annoying enough to come here and add to the post (I normally don’t complain and generally enjoy the game all the time).

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lacechan.6524

Lacechan.6524

Yeah nothing today. It’s pretty buggy being so inconsistent with who it hits and how many times they get hit throughout the event.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Neikius.9345

Neikius.9345

Happened to me 3 times I think.

first time 5 minutes into new day, second time a bit later. Third time a few hours into the new day (all of them in the night).

Whenever I did it in the afternoon it was ok.

Also I remember a few people entering after me and they got an empty chest too so its not so rare and its systematic.

Nice holidays from arenanet I guess.