Wintersday Box - World Drop?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

I’ve read and remember hearing that the Mystery Wintersday Box would also be a drop out in the world and not only from the gem store. Is this still true, and what is the drop rate? Has anyone gotten any and out of how many kills? It’d be great if there was any possibility of getting one of the pets without buying the boxes.

EDIT:

Two other topics on this, all with people saying they have not seen any drop: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wintersday/Mystery-Wintersday-Box-Not-Dropping
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wintersday/Rare-mystery-Wintersday-boxes

Seems no one has had any luck getting these as loot, though it IS in the patch notes.

Patch Notes: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-December-14-2012/first#post998477

Quote:
“Rare mystery Wintersday boxes will have a chance to drop throughout the world. They will also be available in the consumable category of the Gem Store. They will contain gifts available in-game, plus a random item only available in the store.”

Blackgate

(edited by Veltoss.9135)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

If you mean the Mystery Wintersday Boxes, then no I haven’t seen one drop in the world yet. They’re buyable through the Cashshop/Gemstore, but I tried my luck on 10 and got tonics. Also they say that the boxes have a chance to spawn 1-5 gifts, but I couldn’t do better than 1-2 at most.

For the boxes to drop anywhere in the world, I’m guessing MF would also help because they’re a yellow rarity item. I’m going to spend a few hours farming later to see what actually drops with my MF set on.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

in Wintersday

Veltoss.9135

Yes, those are the ones I mean. I’ll edit the OP to clarify. I’m also going to try farming a bit and see if I have any luck. I’ve not heard anyone mention getting one so far, but I know it’s been mentioned that they’re supposed to drop. I’ll try to find a quote.

EDIT:

Here’s another thread that was on the same topic and got pushed down. It seems no one has found any so far, but it >was< in the patch notes.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wintersday/Mystery-Wintersday-Box-Not-Dropping

Blackgate

(edited by Veltoss.9135)

in Wintersday

Veltoss.9135

I think this deserves a bump, at least in the hopes of getting an official response. The fact that it seems to be a missing part of the event should be somewhat of a big deal, especially with all of the people complaining about the mystery boxes.

Blackgate

in Wintersday

Posted by: Giles Marchand.6970

Giles Marchand.6970

I agree this needs to be addressed, I don’t want to be forced to buy any more from the gem store if I want the last two mini-pets I’m missing.

in Wintersday

Veltoss.9135

Any chance of this getting a response? There have been several threads on this subject that have pretty much confirmed that no one has found these boxes as drops, even though it says they can drop in the patch notes. It feels like this is worth getting an official response about. :<

Blackgate

in Wintersday

Veltoss.9135

Bump in the hopes of an answer.. I’m kind of surprised no one seems to care that they don’t drop in the world, and yet at the same time are non-stop complaining about the fact that they are gem store only. >.>’

Blackgate

in Wintersday

Posted by: Sandman.7019

Sandman.7019

they probably have the droprate of lodestones….if that. lol, but i guess if that was the case someone out there would have reported obtaining one. its kind of anets MO by now, all about the gem store woop woop. whats the exchange rate now, a gold for 45 gems or somethin? sweet.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

By now we really should have gotten an answer…
Unrelated note: bumping isn’t allowed
Might say it is quite justified though.
People should not be mislead by faulty patch notes.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Wintersday

Veltoss.9135

Even if it had a .001% chance of dropping, we’d have heard >someone< talk about it by now. I’m really surprised no one seems to care, what with all the complaining about the wintersday box in the gem store you’d think people would care more that it was supposed to drop in the world for free.

Blackgate

in Wintersday

Giles Marchand.6970

I won’t let this one go until we get an official response.

in Wintersday

Veltoss.9135

I won’t let this one go until we get an official response.

Well, it doesn’t appear that enough people care for this to get an official response at this rate. :[

Blackgate

in Wintersday

Posted by: phabby.8945

phabby.8945

i will help keep this up the top, as I started one thread on this allready and yes they don’t seam to want to reply.

i have been farming cursed shores and no drops there, also have been opening the big pressies in other areas but with no luck either.

On a side note the giant pressies spawning all over don’t seam to be as active in the cursed shores either, I have only seen 1 all week there, so a please explain ? on that note would also be nice might be that this area is supose to have these as a drop from the giant pressies and noone has checked that they are not spawning

in Wintersday

Posted by: Avengersoul.8256

Avengersoul.8256

Just popping in…
I’ve played every day for multiple hours a day since the Wintersday release. Up to 12 hours + a day. I’ve done the events, farmed in low level zones as well as cursed shore. I’ve also farmed some dungeons, mainly Fractals and CoF. I’m in a relatively small guild but we all do the same things on a daily basis that I just listed above, no one has had one drop.

I remember seeing these boxes listed in the patch notes as being a world drop and laughed because I knew it would be an abysmal drop rate. On that note, people on my server get excited with stuff like this, especially when it drops and it does get shared that “Oh I got this from a mob” Haven’t seen a single person make the claim.

Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if its not at all in the loot table for random mobs, mainly from a realistic stand point of they are in the gem store and they are not going to give a realistic alternative to get gamble boxes without spending money. Also if someone had of gotten one from a drop, they’d post in this thread in the light of “Hah, you guys are morons and Anet wouldn’t lie to you… just play the game… rng…etc”

Yak’s Bend

in Wintersday

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I think ANet’s stuffed up on this one, until they get it fixed I believe it should be removed from the patch notes as others will be expecting these to drop sooner or later and they just aren’t.

I spent a good few hours farming in Frostgorge last night (different mobs, kept alternating) as well as the adds from the dragon spawn and nothing dropped.

Even lodestones drop with greater frequency than these boxes. ANet should be able to tell us at least if this is a coding bug or a glitch of some sort.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Caprila.4951

Caprila.4951

I spent quite some time over the festival, farming the boxes in open world, in the hope of seeing a special additional box drop. But, I have yet to see, or hear of anyone finding one. Ever.

I rather believe Anet misworded their patch notes, and they do not drop. After all, given the number of boxes we’ve opened as a community, however low the drop rate, I rather think we would have heard about one by now.

Anet hasn’t commented on this since the start of the festival :/

in Wintersday

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I suspect this may well have been something that was planned originally, scrapped and accidentally left in the patch notes.

Like the Wintersday Mini Trio which is apparently in database but was never actually added to the game. (There were a lot of bits and pieces like that in GW1 too, mainly irrelevant stuff like signs and a couple of crafting materials that were never used.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Wintersday

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Did anyone ever see a chest during previous events? I didn’t, even though it was in prevoius patch notes too. Don’t remember which events tho.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Wintersday

phabby.8945

can we get an answer please devs?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Gliss.9713

Gliss.9713

Good luck. =/

……………

in Wintersday

Veltoss.9135

If it was mistakenly left in the patch notes, they should at least correct it. It’s been days now of no information about this (and a surprising lack of care from most players), which kind of sucks since it’d be amazing if the patch notes were actually true, even if it were a very rare drop.

Even at 1% chance of dropping, with the low chance of getting a Mini out of a box, that’s still enough that some people would get a wonderful Mini surprise this Wintersday. :’[

Blackgate

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lacechan.6524

Lacechan.6524

Maybe they don’t know themselves! It’s a mystery to everyone.

Or maybe the commerce team is hiding.

in Wintersday

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

It would be very nice to score a mini out of a world drop but I don’t think it’s gonna happen. A response from the dev’s to validate the truth behind these non-existant drops is long overdue. But be buggered if I’m going to spend any more in the cash shop.

Edit the patch notes, c’mon guys, it’s the least you can do. I actually think they like watching some of us stew in hope.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

I think on their patch notes it saids there is one on every map.
But I have yet to see it. Wonder did all those empty mystery boxes were supposed to be filled with it…

in Wintersday

Lacechan.6524

Nah, they said sometimes the boxes are empty on purpose. They needed some type of randomness in it.

in Wintersday

Posted by: rainletter.3659

rainletter.3659

They might have mistakenly written that “Wintersday Mystery Boxes” would appear in the world instead of the normal, much more common “Mysterious Presents.”

The names are pretty similar, so it could have been a simple case of miscommunication between the developers and patch note writers.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wintersday_Mystery_Box
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mysterious_Present

The Sixth Station [SIX] @ Tarnished Coast

Stormreach in Tyria

in Wintersday

Giles Marchand.6970

They might have mistakenly written that “Wintersday Mystery Boxes” would appear in the world instead of the normal, much more common “Mysterious Presents.”

The names are pretty similar, so it could have been a simple case of miscommunication between the developers and patch note writers.

That wouldn’t explain why the patch notes state that it has a rare chance to drop in the world.

in Wintersday

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

That wouldn’t explain why the patch notes state that it has a rare chance to drop in the world.

Seconded. The Mysterious presents are nowhere near rare.
Also, I have yet to get a wintersday mystery box either (other than buying it on gem store). Patch notes did say they were supposed to drop in the world.
I also would like a dev response about this. Was it a mistake in the patch notes, or a bug in game, because it seems no one has gotten any.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Wintersday

Lacechan.6524

The sad thing is it could be either one of those options lol.

Considering all of the patch notes are converted from the mess that is internal documentation it is possible that the poor guy who had to read all that stuff messed up when writing it in a consumer-friendly format.

Also considering the amount of bugs that come with every event it is just as likely to be a bug.

It is a bit unfortunate that the commerce team was the one that was in charge of that box because they seem like they are one of the most unreachable teams around.

in Wintersday

Veltoss.9135

I have the exact quote in the OP, and with the way they worded it, it is very clear that they meant the wintersday box with the Minis, not the presents. :[

Blackgate

in Wintersday

Lacechan.6524

We’ll never get an answer during the event since most of the team is taking their vacation it seems. I’m leaning towards it being a conversion error when going from internal documentation to readable format. The specifics of those things might not have been in the documentation and he had to go ask someone from the commerce team.

in Wintersday

phabby.8945

yep with the event nearly over looks like all our hard work farming for one of these drops has gone totally in vain and another ignore by the devs to save face of yet another stuff up

in Wintersday

Posted by: DaKenster.5801

DaKenster.5801

My guess, one will drop today so they can say they were true to their update notes.

JQ- [VG]

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

No one in my 400+ person guild got this drop during the event.

in Wintersday

phabby.8945

So with the event now over and your all back at work, do you see why your community has issues with communication when a response hasn’t been given in any way with this issue even when it was brought to your attention multiply times within a few days after the event starting. All we needed was a straight answer that the presents in question were not world drops even though you stated that they were and it was a missprint.

I don’t think that would of been much to ask for a response

cheers