Wintersday Chest / BLC Speculation

in Wintersday

Posted by: Tken.1986

Tken.1986

If there’s Wintersday Chest available on BLTC or all of the new skins are in the black lion chest. What is your reaction? For me, I think I will go spend money on the other games I have in mind. I don’t think I can tolerate any longer. RNG is starting to be irritating. I just have the ultimate bad luck.

(edited by Moderator)

in Wintersday

Posted by: shambo.3842

shambo.3842

there skins, you don’t need them.

what’s wrong with Anet wanting to make some cash? I for one hope there are exclusive wintersday stuff in the bltc and chest.
anet makes some money and keeps developing new contents for this great game. its all OPTIONAL you don’t have to buy them.
if you feel you have to have them, that’s a whole nother topic

in Wintersday

Posted by: Sprinkles.6748

Sprinkles.6748

Really? Some people obtaining (able to be traded with gold) skins through the cash shop makes you want to quit the game? If you don’t like it so much, don’t buy gems. If you let it bother you so much, that’s your problem. There’s nothing that should make any reasonable person upset over this.

As for me, I’m hoping we see themed BLC’s like Halloween and not a separate themed chest added to the store. This is because I’m constantly saving up a good number of keys (through methods used in the game) and would have a good chance of getting one of these awesome “RNG” skins.

I’m afraid Anet may have already seen through this ploy though, possibly explaining the lost shore chests.

http://www.pwnzerfaust.com/ – Dragonbrand

in Wintersday

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

RNG chests are all about taking a few suckers for as much money as possible, for the joy and thrill of it. Fairly priced, non-RNG cash shop offering will make Arenanet more money, because more people will buy the items. I’d rather make money making as many people happy as possible, than make less money soaking a few people, many of whom probably have impulse control issues or gambling addictions. That’s just me though…

If the outfits are for direct purchase at fair prices, I’ll buy them for more than one character. If they are a gem store chest RNG exclusive, I’ll have to pass and will probably end my ongoing financial support of the game, which up to know I have done to support a great product.

in Wintersday

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

Wait till half way through the event and buy what im after off the TP for a few silver rather than spending gems or RL cash on the chest lottery for no result.

Ulfar SOR

in Wintersday

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

No more skins or mini’s in chests! I want to buy then outright or earn the in events.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

There will be chests. they are already mentioned on the event page.

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Wintersday

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

I’m confused, would you rather a monthly fee and no chance to get chests with skins at all?

If I want them I’ll just try to get them from the TP anyways.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Malvagite.3254

Malvagite.3254

I’m confused, would you rather a monthly fee and no chance to get chests with skins at all? .

Hell yes ~!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I just hope the chests are seperate items (ala the Consortium Chests) and not just shoving the items into the normal BLC like they did for Halloween.

Having items in the normal BLC has some minor benefits (like players who dont’ want to buy the items being able to open a few from keys they get from story missions / loot) but the cons far outweigh those benefits. Having items which already have a low chance of dropping mixed in with normal boring items is no good. You should be able to be guaranteed event items, and having a seperate chest gives you that benefit. And if they want to maintain the advantage of letting players who dont’ want to buy the chests open a few, they can just have them as rare random loot drops or rewards from the events or something.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My personal preference would be to have all festival skins available for individual purchase on the gem store, but as long as all items from festival chests can be purchased on the TP, I can live with it.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Rakuren Kenshou.7689

I’m fine with either way. I just hope the items are on the trading post, because I will do whatever it takes to get my hands on a candycane sword (or 3, if they make greatsword version as well).

What I really hope though, is that the candycane weapons look more like weapons. Like… have you guys ever sucked on a candycane until it got sharp? Why not design the weapons to look like that? That would be great.

“I reject your reality and substitute my own.”

in Wintersday

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Having the option to get rare skins from the gem store or buy them from people who did on the TP is a good thing. Why would you rage at having more options for what your weapons/armor/town clothes look like?

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Wintersday

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

if its anything like haloween it was posable if you were lucky to get the skins from the mad kings chest

in Wintersday

Posted by: Raveth.5760

Raveth.5760

It would be nice if the chests are also able to be crafted via the Mystic Forge, similar to the Halloween event.

in Wintersday

Posted by: pownguin.9205

pownguin.9205

I hope they add Wintersday stuff to Black Lion Chests. I have SO MANY keys…

in Wintersday

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Gamble is not my thing. The only thing I will probs buy like in Halloween event is 1 costume but that is all. At least I know I’ll be getting what I paid for

in Wintersday

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

I never liked these Lottery Chests to begin with. And from Shadow of the Mad King and Lost Shores, it seems a lot of people didn’t like them as well.

So why are they back again?

There was tons of complaints against this Lottery stuff that they kept doing. It was suggested to just add the skins to the store and we would buy them. No need for this Lottery nonsense. All through Shadow of the Mad King and Lost Shores, people were complaining about this. It even got so bad, that Anet made yet another Lottery Chest (Mad King’s Chest) if you weren’t so lucky with the Black Lion Chests. And yet, the complaints continued on and on again about ridiculous Lotteries.

And now here we are again. Lottery Chests. I guess it’s obvious our feedback falls on deaf ears and they don’t care about it. They’d rather us gamble our money away instead of just sell us the product straight up. So much for voicing our concerns and hoping things would change.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

in Wintersday

Posted by: Pochibella.8394

Pochibella.8394

And now here we are again. Lottery Chests. I guess it’s obvious our feedback falls on deaf ears and they don’t care about it. They’d rather us gamble our money away instead of just sell us the product straight up. So much for voicing our concerns and hoping things would change.

Voice our concerns with our wallets. If they keep jamming everything in the chests, I won’t buy anything else from the cash shop ever again. They nerfed key drops, nerfed loot drops, added DR to everything…. People bought costumes and minis outright at Halloween. Where were the minis for the next event? Stuck in a chest. I would much rather purchase the things I want outright so I know exactly what I am getting. I have bought bag slots, bank slots, character slots, minis, and costumes. So voice your concerns with your wallet like I plan on doing.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Well I do not have a problem with the chests if they contain something I could buy directely for a higher price. So I got the choice to buy the item directely or to gamble a bit and have a certain chance to get something cheaper. This kind is ok for me. I do not like it if I got no choice but gambling.

And for me it is not that I have to voice something it is just that buying some lotterystuff is not attractive for me. So I simply wont buy something like that.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

If you do not like to gamble do not buy them. The dont promise anything other than a chance to get a rare item. I got absolutely served by the lost shores special chest, embarrassingly so. No one to blame but myself.

in Wintersday

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

If you do not like to gamble do not buy them. The dont promise anything other than a chance to get a rare item. I got absolutely served by the lost shores special chest, embarrassingly so. No one to blame but myself.

That phrase would be fine (if you don’t like it, don’t buy it), except for the fact that the only way to obtain those items is via the chest or (if they are not account bound) via the trading post for a ridiculous price.

So instead of selling new weapon skins in the gem store for all of us to buy straight up, they toss them in a lottery chest with a bunch of other stuff and have us gamble for them. So we either gamble away our real money, or spend tons of gold trying to afford them on the trading post.

I was looking forward to getting new Candy Cane/Wintergreen weapon skins. Was hoping that after the last two events and the big hatred towards lottery chests, that they wouldn’t do it again. But instead, they did it again anyways. Completely ignoring all the people that were against gambling for skins.

I would gladly pay for weapon skins in the gem store. Heck, tons of people would (obviously by all the complaints about this). People are constantly requesting new weapons, armors, and town clothing in the gem store. But instead, they keep throwing out these lottery chests and make us gamble for the skins.

This is just another event again that I am going to miss out on new skins that I wanted, because they refuse to put them in the gem store and instead expect us to gamble for them.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

in Wintersday

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Voice our concerns with our wallets. If they keep jamming everything in the chests, I won’t buy anything else from the cash shop ever again. They nerfed key drops, nerfed loot drops, added DR to everything…. People bought costumes and minis outright at Halloween. Where were the minis for the next event? Stuck in a chest. I would much rather purchase the things I want outright so I know exactly what I am getting. I have bought bag slots, bank slots, character slots, minis, and costumes. So voice your concerns with your wallet like I plan on doing.

People are voicing their opinions with their wallets. And that’s why those chests are back, because they were so popular. Yes, there were a lot of people on the forums whining about not getting anything good, but there were far more people who bought the chests and were not whining about it. They knew they were taking a gamble, some got lucky, most didn’t, but they were fine with it.

Also, black lion key drops weren’t nerfed, the chest drops were because they were dropping excessively. The key drops were only reduced between beta and release.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Wintersday

Posted by: Pochibella.8394

Pochibella.8394

I still get tons of chests. I get no keys unless I make an alt and do up to step 10 on their story for the reward key. There are other threads about the keys being nerfed as well.

Also, I don’t think it is so much that people LOVE the chests. It seems as though the things that people do enjoy buying outright, they are sticking into the chests with no other way of obtaining them except to take a gamble on the chests/keys.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Gandolfi.1507

Gandolfi.1507

I really don’t like the RNG chests – I’m not a gambler and it just feels like money down the drain to me. I get enough keys through normal play to keep me supplied with armor repair cannisters and the like.

Each to his own, of course and I don’t object to the chests being in the game for those who do enjoy them. I doubt I’ll buy them myself though.

I’m very happy to shop in the gem store for items that will give me value – but I want to see what I’m buying. Four of my sons play the game too, and with christmas round the corner I’m sure some of their presents this year will be virtual. The boys have already asked various relatives to get them gem cards rather than other types of voucher. If Anet put some nice costumes, skins and pets in the store this time, they will do well out of my household over the holiday period.

Godrik Gandolfi – human warrior; Lucius Foestabber – charr reaper
The Path Least Travelled, Gunnar’s Hold