Wintersday is over, Tradeable pets??

in Wintersday

Posted by: Hilda Raven.8641

Hilda Raven.8641

You got all your money from making them account bound now and having people play the RNG game in desperation, so please make the wintersday pets tradeable because I, and hundreds if not thousands of other people have 5 and 6 of each with zero use.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Agreed. Everyone who is going to buy them already has so there is no benefit in leaving them stuck with useless extras.

Account bound non-consumable items from an RNG box is ridiculous anyway.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Wintersday

Posted by: Giles Marchand.6970

Giles Marchand.6970

I would love to see this!

in Wintersday

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

I would gladly buy them off the TP and would buy gems to convert to gold to fund this, if needed, hint hint nod nod say no more say no more.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Thaia.5146

Thaia.5146

Over my dead… Quaggan.
I’ve spent ~4k gems to get it.

(edited by Thaia.5146)

in Wintersday

Hilda Raven.8641

I don’t care. There is ZERO point for multiples. I spent a lot of gems on boxes too, ive must’ve purchased about 100+ boxes in search of a bell. I’m annoyed this has been asked 100 times already why can’t Anet do this. It seriously harms nothing, its over.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Cathgar.7581

Cathgar.7581

You do realise that putting 4 x random pets (can all be the same kind) gives you a random normal/tradeable minipet.

I got a mini snow leopard (7g on TP) from 4 x snowman mini pets.

in Wintersday

Giles Marchand.6970

Yeah, but some of us would like to sell our multiples and buy the Wintersday mini-pets we’re missing, a 7 gold return on the hundreds of gold some of us spent on Wintersday chests is measly.

in Wintersday

Cathgar.7581

Well, I guess your stuck with them then as they most likely will not be made tradeable.

As with all lucky dips, spending 100’s of gold was your choice and I doubt you would see much of a return on that even if they were made tradeable as you really only need one of each for your whole account.

in Wintersday

Cathgar.7581

Actually rather than make them tradeable on the TP so people cannot try making profits from them.

A better idea would be to have a vendor that could trade unwanted pets for the one you want and not necessarily at a 1:1 ratio.

Seeing as how you are saying you only want the pets you don’t have, then that would be a good compromise.

in Wintersday

Giles Marchand.6970

They made Endless Halloween Tonics trade-able, I don’t see why this is such a stretch?

in Wintersday

Cathgar.7581

And Endless bells/Toymaker tonics are tradeable.

They didn’t make the mini pets tradeable for Halloween as they are account bound.

So which Wintersday mini pet do you not have?

in Wintersday

Cathgar.7581

The thing is they are seasonal (special) mini pets, so why should someone that starts the game out of season and not have participated in the event be able to go buy any seasonal (special) mini pet from the TP?

If it’s really some of the 100’s of gold that you want to recoup, a tradeable vendor could also buy unwanted minis at a set price. But I don’t think you would recoup much:)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lacechan.6524

Lacechan.6524

While not seasonal, the Mini Karka, Mini Karka Hatchling, and Mini Reef Drake can be acquired from the Trading Post and they came from a one-time event that is never going to happen again.

The Endless Halloween Tonic started out as an account bound only item, but ArenaNet listened to feedback about it and at a later date removed the property so it could be traded with other players (although this got bugged a bit and sometimes you can’t sell yours). There’s nothing really stopping them from removing the property this month, next month, or the month after.

in Wintersday

Cathgar.7581

The Mini Karka, Mini Karka Hatchling and Mini Reef Drake can drop from the mobs and therefore are still gettable. Where as Wintersday mini pets are not going to drop from mobs, but you can still get them from Wintersday gifts on the TP.

Maybe, they should make Ritlok (Digital Deluxe) and HOM pets (GW1) available for trade, I think not.

The main reason people want to make Special mini pets tradable is to make gold, not because they want/need the mini pets.

in Wintersday

Hilda Raven.8641

The Mini Karka, Mini Karka Hatchling and Mini Reef Drake can drop from the mobs and therefore are still gettable. Where as Wintersday mini pets are not going to drop from mobs, but you can still get them from Wintersday gifts on the TP.

Maybe, they should make Ritlok (Digital Deluxe) and HOM pets (GW1) available for trade, I think not.

The main reason people want to make Special mini pets tradable is to make gold, not because they want/need the mini pets.

Your point would totally make sense if we just had one of each, thing is we don’t. I wasn’t trying to collect pets massively to sell later I was shooting for a bell and they just kept coming.

in Wintersday

Cathgar.7581

@Hilda, so you were trying to get a bell and ended up with a heap of minipets.

Why not put them in the Mystic Forge for random tradeable minipets which can be sold on the TP and you may get rare/exotic pets that you can sell if you do not want them?

in Wintersday

Giles Marchand.6970

As far as I know the Wintersday mystery boxes don’t contain the Unbreakable Choir Bell, as far as I know it’s just the giant Wintersday gifts.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

As far as I know the Wintersday mystery boxes don’t contain the Unbreakable Choir Bell, as far as I know it’s just the giant Wintersday gifts.

Each mystery box gave personalized wintersday gifts which could contain the bell – although that was probably the more expensive way to try and get one as opposed to buying gifts at the tp

in Wintersday

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

And Endless bells/Toymaker tonics are tradeable.

They didn’t make the mini pets tradeable for Halloween as they are account bound.

So which Wintersday mini pet do you not have?

The Halloween pets are different though because they were aquired through a straight sale. There was no risk of ending up with more or less than you wanted, unless you made a mistake. Same goes for Rytlock and the HoM minis. (The HoM minis you can actually get multiple times, but you have to choose to do it, and they’re free so you’re not losing anything if you do it by accident.)

This time around they’ve left a lot of players stuck with extras and others stuck missing ones from their set. It seems ridiculous that we can’t resolve this situation. Yes some people will use it to make a profit, but the same is true of pretty much any other item which can be traded. Some people spend almost all their time in-game buying and selling on the TP to make a profit, and some are very good at it.

I’d be one of the people buying the minis and I have absolutely no problem with my gold going to someone who happened to get “lucky” and ended up with extra minis.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

(edited by Danikat.8537)