Wintersday speculation thread

in Wintersday

Posted by: arrownin.3128

arrownin.3128

This thread is made for the speculation and discussion of the upcoming Wintersday event!

Post what you think will happen in this event!

I know that it won’t happen, but I would like very much to have Grenth and Dwyana come back and do their minigame again, it was awesome!

in Wintersday

Posted by: mojowalker.3798

mojowalker.3798

While technically not a Wintersday event, it’s kind of wintery … I would love something like the Lair of the Snowmen … that dungeon was always fun to do!

“If you can’t beat them, get a bigger stick.”
- Some random quote -
The Walkers and the Whispers, ANVIL ROCK

in Wintersday

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I speculate it will be happen during our Christmas season. Other than that I love a surprise!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ualtar.5047

Ualtar.5047

Well, the gods are gone so I don’t think Grenth and Dwyana will be around. Maybe something like that game though. How about some candy cane weapons?

I hope this thread stays on track and doesn’t become another hate thread..

Alrekr Yerling
Khazad Fundinul [KF] – Tarnished Coast

in Wintersday

Posted by: Jaela.3972

Jaela.3972

I think it would be nice to see candy cane or ginger bread gear, I can even imagine a wreath shield. I really just want to see what minis and new cooking recipes they’ll have.

in Wintersday

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

If Halloween had candy corn elementals then it’s likely that Wintersday would have something like candy cane elementals, snowmen, and reindeer.

in Wintersday

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

I’m sure there’ll be more more ascended gear.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Sinphul.3091

Sinphul.3091

I’m betting on a well thought out event that gives a majority of the player base a chance to experience it. I’m holding out hope they learned from the last event and will do their best to give a great one for Wintersday. Or a huge steaming pile of disappointment. I don’t really know which but ill be trashed on hot chocolate and Baileys so ill be good.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

More uses for my Grawl Snowman potions?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Vakirauta.6397

Vakirauta.6397

ANet still did not understand that we players do not want 1 week long events full of lag and disappointment in general. A week of “fun” (for ANet and nobody else it seems) then nothing. This is what events are. We want change in the game.

The Iron Butterfly

in Wintersday

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Mini Toymaker Twix. I’ll bet money on that one.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

Skimpy Christmas outfits. Please?

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

in Wintersday

Posted by: populationcontrol.5072

populationcontrol.5072

I see a jumping puzzle with slippery ice on each platform, and a lot of rage from people trying to complete it!

Or, in keeping with the ice theme, why not transform the keg brawl arena into keg bowling? You’re the ball, the keg (snowmen?) the pins. Run, jump, slide, smash!

I thought the halloween event was actually fun, so as long as its not another lost shore event…

in Wintersday

Posted by: mantrunks.4810

mantrunks.4810

So Wintersday starts this week and there hasn’t been any new information about this event for a couple of weeks. Any new updates soon?? Candy cane sword is back? Candy cane legendary GS? SANTA HELMS?!?!?

T_T

in Wintersday

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

Im just trying to predict which items are gonna skyrocket…..

in Wintersday

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

I’m sure wintersday will be fun, with many updates. I do hope they scrap one time events and at least replay them every couple hours like the original. This will let everyone play it and keep servers from overloading.

In addition, devs have said that 2 large updates are coming in Jan and Feb, the two combined are comparable to an expansion and larger than all of the updates combined thus far. I believe some PvP, Guild and WvW updates will be in those Jan/Feb updates.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

in Wintersday

Siphaed.9235

Speculations:

1) Minis in the forum of reindeer, snowman, and a Grawl grench…maybe.

2) Lion’s Arch still being the most important focus of the entire event, and the small visits to the other cities by Tixx being insignificant at best.

3) People complain that they missed the event, and so want the rewards to last 2 weeks after it so that they can obtain them (whether these being people suspended, banned, or “on vacation”)

4) A rare/exotic weapon and/or armor set that few obtain, yet everyone wants, and thus the “fairness” crowd will push their way into claiming that everyone should have it equally and that holiday items shouldn’t be rare.

5) Holiday Joy and Cheer will be ruined by complaints, hate, bad attitudes, and spoiled selfish behaviors.

in Wintersday

Posted by: MrNobody.4357

MrNobody.4357

this is what i want from the next content patch and the further ones

- horizontal progression in stats restored
- a better focus on collecting unique skins through challenging achievements, less raw grind or pure gem market hazard, and also a suitable system for organizing and using them later (alike DCUO styles wardrobe)
- more skills, and the ability to swap them in my skill-bar
- less FotM lobby game and more world participation
- more server side measures to keep bots and hackers tools users under control
- more rewards from DEs and Champions rather than from random normal mobs and dungeons or FotM only

in Wintersday

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

The Shatterer Dragon will be substituted by a Giant Rudolf.

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

in Wintersday

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

They’ll put skins in chests and make you buy keys if you want them. Other than that, it’ll be fine

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Wintersday

Posted by: evolverzilla.2359

evolverzilla.2359

Speculations:

1) Minis in the forum of reindeer, snowman, and a Grawl grench…maybe.

2) Lion’s Arch still being the most important focus of the entire event, and the small visits to the other cities by Tixx being insignificant at best.

3) People complain that they missed the event, and so want the rewards to last 2 weeks after it so that they can obtain them (whether these being people suspended, banned, or “on vacation”)

4) A rare/exotic weapon and/or armor set that few obtain, yet everyone wants, and thus the “fairness” crowd will push their way into claiming that everyone should have it equally and that holiday items shouldn’t be rare.

5) Holiday Joy and Cheer will be ruined by complaints, hate, bad attitudes, and spoiled selfish behaviors.

It´s not speculation, you must have come from the future and seen that.

Anyway, what I wanted is another bring your friends to know and envy you for playing a kitten game.

in Wintersday

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Bored so I’m going to toss out conspiracy theory that will be completely wrong.

The video states that Wintersday is the “darkest time of the year” and that citizens are trying to “avoid the gloom”. This could obviously mean that in terms of daylight it is dark, but for fun I’ll say something evil is coming and they want to take their minds off it through merry activities. The video then states that they are waiting on the master of ceremonies (Toymaker Tixx) to lead the “fun”. He also apparently has an “arsenal of gaiety”.

This conspiracy theory basically requires the 2nd half of the video to be asuran sarcasm, but, at least its some random thing to think about while we wait (Futurama’s Robot-Santa anyone?).

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

in Wintersday

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

A new giveaway of precursors for 1% of the population and exploits to get more, my speculation.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

in Wintersday

Siphaed.9235

New Speculations to add:

1) All Dolyaks in WvW are turn into Reindeer for the event’s length.

2) Candy-cane nodes everywhere in the world! Yay!

3) The “toys” are polymocks and Polymock arena will open up (crosses fingers)

4) Snowmen are going to become evil and attack Tyrian citizens.

5) People will still ignore the world around them and do “LFG FotM Lvl ??”

in Wintersday

Posted by: MrDmajor.7084

MrDmajor.7084

Your post in Wintersday speculation thread was infracted by a moderator:

I expect lots of content that will add new issues and controversy while completely and utterly ignoring valid topics the “vocals” have been stating from beta. It will further enrage some, while satisfying the skritt type personalities with new shiny.

ANet will dive into a reality created by yes men while trivializing the complaints. Something like this:

“The event was clearly a smashing success, but we recognize we made some minor missteps along the way that we plan on addressing in the future”

smashes crystal ball off the wall

Moderator Note:

Please refrain from making posts that do not provide any meaningful contribution to the topic at hand.

ArenaNet does NOT play Guild Wars 2. This can’t be.