WvW Wintersday

WvW Wintersday

in Wintersday

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

We got decorations….

Every other part of the game has been enhanced since release.

Mad King, Lost Shores, Wintersday has provided additional content for every other aspect of GW2 except for WvW.

WvW by contrast has had content removed. ArenaNet was unable to counter the huge number of flyhackers that would break/steal orbs. As such the orbs were removed.

We did get the ‘outbreak’ NPC which was introduced, but it was designed to counter a server being 100% dominated. I wouldn’t call it an enhancement, rather trying to compensate for a mechanic that’s fundamentally flawed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner%27s_dilemma

A significant number of people enjoy and play WvW but the community as a whole is left on the outer relative to the rest of the GW2 community. Wintersday has proven no different.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

WvW Wintersday

in Wintersday

Posted by: Johnson.4867

Johnson.4867

i find myself aimlessly running around in circles in WvW just to have things taken from you the second you leave because no one has ever heard of defense.

WvW Wintersday

in Wintersday

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

it’s called prioritizing. The majority of players play pve, thus it’s been getting the most love. Wvw and pvp are up next. Anet has already stated they will be getting big updates in jan and feb.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

WvW Wintersday

in Wintersday

Posted by: Churros.7196

Churros.7196

i find myself aimlessly running around in circles in WvW just to have things taken from you the second you leave because no one has ever heard of defense.

Actually this depends on the server. I’m on JQ and I have had to defend 6hour long sieges(non stop waves of invaders) on a single keep. That day when I logged in I did nothing but defend hills on my borderlands. There has been multiple occasions like this so I guess in the lower tiers its different? or time zones maybe.

WvW Wintersday

in Wintersday

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Relatively speaking it doesn’t matter if you, as an individual play WvW or not, in fact, who cares.

Overall with regards to the GW2 community what is of particular importance is it’s participation level in WvW proportionally speaking compared to the rest of the game. The answer to this only Arena Net knows.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”