fancy winter outfit questions

in Wintersday

Posted by: krythorian.9643

krythorian.9643

It says consumable in the gemstore does this mean that you can use it once to re-skin your gear once or can you do it more than once? Answers would be great, thinking of buying it actually

in Wintersday

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

It is town clothing, not an armor skin. Meaning, you can’t apply it to your armor.

I believe the only reason why it says consumable, is cause it is like a bag or chest in a way. You get a package in the mail when you purchase it, and then double click it to get the whole outfit.

So sorry, but it’s not an armor skin. Just town clothing.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

in Wintersday

Posted by: Seid.2654

Seid.2654

The above answer is correct. The town clothes come in a consumable container and show up in your inventory upon use

in Wintersday

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

you can move them

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Seid.2654

Seid.2654

All of the TP-bought town clothes are account bound. You can use them on any character.

in Wintersday

Posted by: krythorian.9643

krythorian.9643

Great thanks for the answers! Probably gonna buy it since it looks so epic.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

It does look epic- the witch outfit is awesome on my mesmer but I need this for my ele

Gunnar’s Hold

in Wintersday

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Has anyone bought it yet? I’d like to know what the scepter does. I bought the witches outfit back at Mad King, but the only thing I still enjoy from it are the boots (because they are smaller than the boots we start with, though I don’t care for the bones) and the broom (because you can ride it and it does a lot of other fun stuff).

Does anyone know what that scepter does?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Sven.7084

Sven.7084

The scepters abilities are:
1. smack opponent
2. shoot firework
3. throw gift wrap
4. winterfury (which is like a cone of blizzard)

I’m not entirely sure of the brawl effects.
Personally, I’d rank it below the mad kings scepter, and the witch’s broom

in Wintersday

Posted by: krieb.6039

krieb.6039

The outfit is adorable. Love it!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kojast.6304

Kojast.6304

To add some detail to the scepter abilities:
1. Smack – “Hit your foe with your scepter” – Costume brawl ability is to score a hit on anyone in its range. Animation is a simple swing.
2. Snowflake fireworks – “Celebrate Wintersday with a bang” – AOE range 200 that fears people for 3s. Animation is a fireball launching out of the scepter (kind of slowly). On impact, it explodes into particles that form the shape of something wintery (seen a snowflake and a snowman so far).
3. Wrap it up – “Wrap up Tyria in holiday cheer” – AOE range 200 that dazes for 3s. Animation is gift wrap bouncing toward the target.
4. Snow storm – “Unleash some wintery fury” – Cone attack in front of you that hits brawlers. Animation is some snow- and wind-like particle effects.
5. Summon toy – “Summon a windup toy” – Tooltip doesn’t say it has a costume brawl ability yet unlike the other toy summons, it puts you into costume brawl when you use it. It’s a limited range AOE ability and a wind-up toy soldier spawns at the target. It then walks forward for a couple seconds and explodes.

I agree with Sven that it’s one of the less impressive ones, and none of its effects persist like the cauldron or mad king’s banquet or even the summonable cat and candy corn.