surprise ending on jan 3rd?

in Wintersday

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

I remember reading some posts that suggested the idea of toymaker takes being evil. Whether he is actually evil or not, will we get some type of conclusive ending on January 3? This event is running for a long time and I think it would be proper to end it with some sort of a bang. It would not be big enough of a bang if toymaker takes just says goodbye everyone and happy new year. No, we need some sort of big surprise that fools of us all and perhaps even lead up into the next event for January 15.

I looked around and have not found any official writings regarding what will happen at the end of the toy apocalypse. I am hoping that this is done on purpose so that they can really surprise us with what they planned.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Knowing ArenaNet’s normal set-up, if they planned on having an event at the end they would have posted it’s time/date and included extremely vague hints that would have left people on the forums speculating about what would happen. My personal thought is that this holiday was set up this way on purpose because of the fact that so many people are out and about and unable to get on very often. Most likely it will just end and things will go back to normal, perhaps with a finished fountain and new lighthouse (while the old one crumbles in ruins, something I am still kinda bitter about.)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lacechan.6524

Lacechan.6524

They said they revealed everything that was intended to happen for the entire duration of the event on day one. No surprises because of the holidays.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Grunties.6841

Grunties.6841

The fact that it is ending is the best gift of all.

in Wintersday

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

No way. This was an awesome event. It didn’t take away from the core game at all and gave people some extra things to do if they wanted to.

in Wintersday

Posted by: MrZero.4730

MrZero.4730

I know! All this snow is destroying my FPS.

Glassheart – Human Thief

Aurora Glade server

in Wintersday

Posted by: Runcore.5107

Runcore.5107

Yes its best gift for me too that this Tixx crap end soon. The worst event I have ever seen on all games I have played till now. Total crap. I hope that Tixx soon will get out with his embarrassing airship and NEVER come back to gw2. This event is TOTAL tragedy. Boring and every day still same events with no better reward. Omg Anet most ppl want some good reward for event like was for karka event and not crap toys and relax events. Ppl play gw2 for action and rewards and not for some crap toys with stupid events and no rewards!!! If you want making relax events like Wintersday then make another game with prince, princess on magic castle with unicorns flying around rainbow and there you can make relax events 24h per day but not here on gw2!!!

Halloween = fantastic event with real puzzle for players with nice rewards, great Mad King dungeon with good rewards from chest

Lost shores = much lags but nice event with great rewards on final chest

Wintersday = total crap event, still repeating boring events on Tixx dungeon, lags everywhere, no real reward for players for final dungeon, jumping puzzles are so much easy that must be made for 5-6 years old players and reward for JP? Another crap.

BB Tixx and DONT COME AGAIN!!!! NEVER!!!

in Wintersday

Posted by: daemonrus.4703

daemonrus.4703

@Runcore, so to summarize

Yes its best gift for me too that this Tixx crap end soon. The worst event I have ever seen on all games I have played till now. Total crap.... This event is TOTAL tragedy.

and therefore

Omg Anet most ppl want (whatever I want.) Ppl play gw2 (for my reasons!)

Dude, year after year we see evidence of people making plans for the new year that include real life partying with real people. Nobody sets up gw2 game stations in night clubs for those that want to go out, nobody broadcasts live gw2 streams on tv for those who stay and celebrate with friends and family at home.

It is a safer bet that parties, concerts, socializing, and alcohol will dominate the attention of most people during this time (including, I imagine, the staff at anet) I highly doubt that most people want hardcore gw2 events to conflict with their new year’s celebration. This is the main consideration behind the laid back and simplified in game event, as has been said many times before. It has nothing to do with rainbows and unicorns – just some very appreciated consideration for the player base on the part of the developers.

There will be plenty of other in game events that are full of shinies, so just try to enjoy the holiday

in Wintersday

Posted by: Wesley.4590

Wesley.4590

Sure there will be partying but that usually doesn’t start on 31st at 09:00h. In GW1 they just made the event run every three hours from about 31-12 12:00h – 01-01 12:00h (American times, but this lead it for European players to start on 01-01 so they had no problem at all with that), that way every timezone should have a shot at being there for at least one of the finale’s. Especially with the finales allowing afk players to get the surprise hat and at least some of the goodies. For me it’s kind of a let down not to go out with a blast in GW2 aswell. Not that I’ll be at home sobbing all day because there is no GW2 Wintersday finale instead of celebrating the new year but you get what I mean :P

in Wintersday

Posted by: Dirk Jan.9534

Dirk Jan.9534

In GW1, the grand finale was a showdown between Grenth and Dwayna. They left the world so that’s not gonna happen, but a similiar event between Tixx and Toxx would be great. I doubt we’ll see it happen though.

in Wintersday

Posted by: ubaid.8213

ubaid.8213

No kidding.

Wintersday in GW2 is a pale, boring, annoying shadow of what it was in Guild Wars.

Of course, Wintersday in GW2 is also geared toward being a gem shop money maker – which just makes it worse.

I don’t know any of my guild (all of whom have played Guild Wars religiously and nearly lived there for between seven and five years) who really made the extreme effort to do every single Wintersday thing – or even wanted to.

And I don’t know anyone – in my guild or not – who enjoyed Guitar Hero…er, I mean, Bell Choir enough to last through one run, let alone went back for a second time.

All in all, GW2 Wintersday was just plain blah at worst, and annoying at best.

in Wintersday

Posted by: ElixireL.5190

ElixireL.5190

YES

in Wintersday

ElixireL.5190

@Runcore, so to summarize

Yes its best gift for me too that this Tixx crap end soon. The worst event I have ever seen on all games I have played till now. Total crap.... This event is TOTAL tragedy.

and therefore

Omg Anet most ppl want (whatever I want.) Ppl play gw2 (for my reasons!)

Dude, year after year we see evidence of people making plans for the new year that include real life partying with real people. Nobody sets up gw2 game stations in night clubs for those that want to go out, nobody broadcasts live gw2 streams on tv for those who stay and celebrate with friends and family at home.

It is a safer bet that parties, concerts, socializing, and alcohol will dominate the attention of most people during this time (including, I imagine, the staff at anet) I highly doubt that most people want hardcore gw2 events to conflict with their new year’s celebration. This is the main consideration behind the laid back and simplified in game event, as has been said many times before. It has nothing to do with rainbows and unicorns – just some very appreciated consideration for the player base on the part of the developers.

There will be plenty of other in game events that are full of shinies, so just try to enjoy the holiday

Actually I think I can speak for other players when I say that we get MORE time to play on holidays because of no work. Also, some (probably many) of us don’t have the social life or inclination to go out boozing and partying- we play video games instead.

in Wintersday

ElixireL.5190

BB Tixx and DONT COME AGAIN!!!! NEVER!!!

Seconded

in Wintersday

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Another crap.

There’s a nice Asuran NPC near the LA crafting stations who can give you directions, if that is what’s troubling you.

Thank goodness there’s someone around to tell me what I want from a game, I was beginning to get worried.

For my part, I’ve enjoyed the event and find it to be an improvement on the GW1 version. I’d just as soon not have those silly socks and sweaters clogging up my storage for the next year, though.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Wintersday

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

Very much like Christmas in the real world I had a great time, enjoyed it very much, and I’m ready for it to be gone for another year. My only complaint is lack of guild play for Toypocalypse.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

in Wintersday

Posted by: ubaid.8213

ubaid.8213

So with the thought that people will be too busy to deal with events, what makes anyone think it’s a better idea to put in stuff that requires a team (and a GOOD team if you want the extra titles/bonuses like keeping Dolyaks alive and destroying all the model cities) and then have to wait each day before you can do that?

GW2 Wintersday is actually MORE of a problem for people with limited time because you can’t just run out and do missions by yourself with heroes and/or henchmen. I simply don’t see how Wintersday in GW2 was better for people with less time than Wintersday in Guild Wars.

And then, of course there’s the rewards – the account-bound, useless, bits to put together a mini that is then bound as well. Big deal. Big, fat, hairy deal. At least in Guild Wars there were buffs and DP removers – things that would help you in a pinch, or things that were fun and silly like the useless, account-bound hat that weren’t functional but at least were not something you had to grind for. Rewards in GW2 Wintersday require grind. Remember when ANet said we wouldn’t be grinding? Yeah, right.

And then, of course, there’s the ugly wool hats/gloves/socks/sweaters. YAY! I get garbage that, once I build up a big supply, I can trade in and hope to get what? Less garbage than I spent. The whole thing with trading in wool for another present burned a lot of people before they learned after the first time not to trade for presents.

When I traded in a bunch of wool for a giant present, I had no idea that I shouldn’t, because it was the first time I’d done it. When I did that, and traded in all that wool, and then got LESS wool in the present I traded for? Yeah, I felt like ANet had just shown me a great, big middle finger. Happy Wintersday to you.

in Wintersday

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

I know we already got bags and boxes and skins and all that, i’m just wondering if there’s gonna be a hat like at halloween, and like in the old country.

Elyl Jrend