what I'd like for Wintersday

in Wintersday

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

…from Toymaker Tixx is:

The old crafting screen back. You know, the one where you could type in a number and then craft that many items? That was nice.

Also, I’d like mini pets not to be deposited when I hit “deposit all collectables.” Why in the world would I want to dump the one thing I need to have in my inventory all the time for it to work? If I could just keep it with me, I could actually use it. Thank you, Tixx!

And finally, the last thing I’d like, although I don’t think anyone on this planet has been good enough this year to really earn it, is to see these few little words in the patch notes at some point within my lifetime:
“Necromancer: Minion AI substantially improved.”

Ahhhhh… Now that would fill me with some Wintersday joy.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Catcrafter.3917

Catcrafter.3917

Am with you on that! I want my minions to get a brain for Wintersday

in Wintersday

Posted by: Aelaren.3784

Aelaren.3784

I too enjoyed old crafting screen so much more. First “improvement” where you had to click and drag invisible slider to change the number was totally horrible and unusable. They reverted it, kinda, but it is still much worse than the original one. I cannot fathom why they`d change it at all.

Your mini won`t go into collectibles if it is in invisible bag.

in Wintersday

arabeth.2361

Yeah, but then nothing else will go in there, either. I still don’t know who programmed them to be deposited – what a silly idea. It’s like they don’t want you to be able to use them…

in Wintersday

Posted by: FluffyFox.2756

FluffyFox.2756

What annoys me even more than needing an invisible bag so my mini doesn’t get deposited, is that every map transition I have to whip it back out, and I often forget to. They should just give us a mini equip slot, so we can always keep a mini out and not have it take up space in our bags.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Aelaren.3784

Aelaren.3784

Yeah, but then nothing else will go in there, either.

Nothing – that is in that bag. You surely have more than one bag. Just place invisible one at the bottom. You`ll probably have some non-tradable stuff on you anyway (like different weapon set, food, wvw bp, salvage kit, etc) – that too you can keep in the last invis bag.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

Invisible bags are useful for a lot more than minis. For me it’s so I don’t accidental sell my second set of weapons. It’s a very good thing to have anyway I’d actually be more annoyed if minis weren’t included in the deposit all collectibles. I mean this is what the bags are for. Why not use them?

I do wish they wouldn’t get put away when changing maps though. That’s something I can definitely get behind.

in Wintersday

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

I also would like to see the crafting UI go back to where you could just type in numbers.

They should just give us a mini equip slot, so we can always keep a mini out and not have it take up space in our bags.

I like this idea.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

in Wintersday

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I want a kitten mini-pet! And I mean a baby feline, not a bad word. Make it black and white, please.

This message was brought to you by a Kitten with a Keyboard

in Wintersday

arabeth.2361

For the record, this thread started in General, got moved by a mod to Wintersday, and then about 30 minutes later got moved by another mod to Suggestions. Let’s see where it ends up!

in Wintersday

Posted by: greendisease.5490

greendisease.5490

They should just give us a mini equip slot, so we can always keep a mini out and not have it take up space in our bags.

I think this is a brilliant idea.

in Wintersday

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

I don’t know what “old crafting UI” you guys are talking about, but right now you actually can click on the number displayed at the bottom, type in whatever you want and confirm with enter. done.

in Wintersday

arabeth.2361

flow: But before, you could click in the number area, type a number, and just hit craft. Now you have to type the number, hit enter, and craft. And if you forget to hit enter, you craft 1 item. I know it doesn’t sound like much, but when you’re constantly crafting a few of this and a few of that… It’s really, really annoying. Why add the extra step? Why ruin a good interface?

15 minutes later, moved back to Wintersday! Wheeeeeeeeeee

in Wintersday

Posted by: jwburks.9735

jwburks.9735

The only thing I want for Wintersday is for it to end. Every day gets worse in Tyria, thanks to the increasingly (idiotic) ridiculous toys.

We heard . . . we listened . . . we ignored.

in Wintersday

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

Exotic (not ascended) bag of snowballs for a weapon. usable by all professions, and gives its own set of spells/skills to use when equipped.

if ele’s are using it, each attunement gives a special buff or alteration. for example, while attuned to fire, ele throws yellow snowballs, earth would throw rocks inside snowballs, water could throw snowcones for ice damage, and air throws …something, maybe snow walls for defense.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Bregah.7365

Bregah.7365

I’d like to echo the old crafting screen. Why was this change made? The launch screen was just fine, IMO.

I’d really like Anet to emulate what every other MMO that I have ever played has done and when the party leader leaves a group – pass leadership to someone else in the instance instead of kicking every player out. Changing things up from other MMOs is fine – but not if you are changing something that works everywhere else to something that is easily griefable.

I’m willing to bet most party leaders who leave have absolutely NO IDEA they are the leader (as the person who enters first) or that they are screwing others over by leaving. But random people get screwed over by this every single day.

I’d like the Fractal dungeons to be like every other dungeon in the game – you are able to re-enter. Again – change can be good, but changing from something that works to something that doesn’t really makes no sense.

And the fact that it’s 5 weeks on and there’s no sign of a fix in sight and….

I’d LOVE to see Ascended gear stats reduced to match Exotics – but since that won’t happen, how about the promised “other ways” to acquire the gear? The AMA basically admitted the Fractal/Ascended instance/gear was released not as intended, and over a month later, it’s still unfinished (and buggy).

I’d like to see remnants of holidays held over. While Wintersday is awesome for being so long – I did so little of the Halloween events due to the shortness of the event – and I’ve been able to play a lot of the PvP event this time due to no real time pressure – unlike the two PvP events at Halloween.

I hope to never see a “one-time only” event ever again in GW2. Been to all but one of them so far (was at work during the launch of the Cursed Shore thing on the Friday) and none that I’ve attended has worked as intended. Wintersday has been, for the most part, lag-free (some exceptions in Bell Choir – but that’s not critical, IMO) and it’s been wonderful.

I’d love to see some sort of real fix to culling. While I enjoy WvW, culling makes it so that often it simply can’t be taken seriously, since the overall design of the systems encourage a zerg, and culling makes much of any zerg simply invisible.

Last but not least – I’d love to see RNG’s importance reduced as much as possible. I hate it, and I simply stop doing stuff if I feel I’m overly punished by RNG, as I end up feeling that it doesn’t matter what or how well I do anything – any reward is simply down to luck – so what’s the point of making real effort? Quick example is that I’m 0/12 on FotM 10 daily chests, and I know someone who’s 3/3 and gotten the exact two he wanted. I’ve done over twice as many fractals as him, and have almost nothing to show for it, and he’s “done” because he as the rewards.

Overall I’ve enjoyed this event quite a bit, but sadly I know much of that enjoyment is that I was lucky with RNG (2 tonics turned into a bell and some extra gold).