AFKing / forfeiting Snowball Mayhem for AP

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: mangOskittle.6430

mangOskittle.6430

A lot of people want to farm their AP. Living world mini games give those APs and completions.

They’re also supposed to be mini games to be played.

Some people want to farm AP. Some people actually want to play the game. The former keeps going on during the matches about letting the other team win, and just fighting in the middle and not even bothering to move gifts. They want their AP.

The latter either need to just lose because their team isn’t even trying, or they need to keep rolling instances until they find a proper game…

So why make a mini game and then make an achievement that damages it like this?

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Sometimes they will even insult you if you want to play like you’re supposed to.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/wintersday2013/New-way-of-playing-in-snowball-mayhem/

Posted by: World War III.3869

World War III.3869

i love that game but sadly its being ruined. i loved playing lunatic inquisition on halloween as well. that is till every moron out there suicided at the start to become a ghost right off the bat and i’d be the only villager/human w/e. that was extremely lame as well.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Sometimes they will even insult you if you want to play like you’re supposed to.

Without taunting them in chat, get them to continue whining. After they’ve said something good (anything racist or anti-LGBT will usually do it), silently report them. Have fun knowing they’ll receive a 72 hour suspension.

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Without taunting them in chat, get them to continue whining. After they’ve said something good (anything racist or anti-LGBT will usually do it), silently report them. Have fun knowing they’ll receive a 72 hour suspension.

Yeah let’s encourage people to antagonize others further and then try to get them suspended after goating them into it.

Stay classy San Diego.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Well that explains why me and another player were the only ones going against the opposing team.

Wasn’t pretty, but I get why now.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: mangOskittle.6430

mangOskittle.6430

The point isn’t to report them for breaking any rules. The point is the correct the game and what is considered “participation” so that it doesn’t hurt the people who (shockingly!) actually want to play the game properly.

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

The point isn’t to report them for breaking any rules. The point is the correct the game and what is considered “participation” so that it doesn’t hurt the people who (shockingly!) actually want to play the game properly.

I agree. Honestly, I hate the snowball game. Not sure why they don’t understand that people are just going to grief/idle during these mini games for the achievement. On that note, not sure why they can’t be more creative than “complete x number of rounds of x game”.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I’ve seem quite some treacherous scum bringing gifts to the side of the cowards, instead bringing it to our side.

When accused of treason, they would just laugh at their own team.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Yeah let’s encourage people to antagonize others further and then try to get them suspended after goating them into it.

Stay classy San Diego.

Since I said to not taunt them in chat, which means continuing to play normally, the way it’s meant to played…

You’re promoting griefing.

Reporting players for griefing these activities is what you could do, but since ArenaNet doesn’t have the resources to handle this type of report, they aren’t even looked at, and even if they were, it’s far too late. Reporting for language/harassment however is something that doesn’t fade with time and requires only a quick look at the chat logs. If what they say is serious enough, a 72 hour suspension is almost guaranteed.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

. The former keeps going on during the matches about letting the other team win, and just fighting in the middle and not even bothering to move gifts. They want their AP.

Fighting in the middle can be a lot faster since every kill rewards points. If you can convince your team to all go heavy gunner stack in the middle around the present and to attack all the scouts and supports with the focus target the scoring will move a lot faster than by moving gifts.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

(edited by Protoavis.9107)

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I am against AP rewards for any “Infinite” Achievement since IMO it is just like they are screaming ‘Farm us!’

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

-shrug- If I get into matches like those, I do enough to participate and get credit, then swap to the winning team at the start of the next match. I’m mainly in there to get the AP’s myself (since I tend to dislike activities where you need to rely on an unreliable team to win), but I also don’t “throw matches” unless it’s obvious that everybody else is doing so.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Now I want to sabotage these attempts by bringing the gift of the side that is supposed to be winning to the other side. xD

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Well, so far, I’ve only encountered this once. Otherwise, each team’s been doing everything they can to win.

Great fun.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Report them for botting. Afaik already a dev said in sPvP forums that you can report leavers or afk people. So why not even here?

I think if they do someting on purpose to prevent the autokick that kicks you when afk then it should be considered botting. They would have to use some automated key at the keyboard or still be online(if they insult you sometimes then they probably still are online).

They are ruining it on purpose which is against the terms of service. If they don’t want to play they should go afk and then be auto kicked. Not circument the autokick. This is like exploiting.

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

good ol’ Red Resign

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Unfortunately, when achievement points become the sole incentive to participate in content (which it is for many people), this is what happens.

Luckily, we have this content for over a month, meaning that once the AP-sponges are saturated, the rest of us who enjoy the activity can hopefully actually play it as intended.

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I think you’re thinking too much……

People only fight in middle because they simply don’t know what the heck they are doing. Or they enjoy fighting people. Also fighting in the mid still contribute to the team as you secure the next gift, especially if the last one is surely safe or alrdy over. Sometimes I even tell people to go straight back down to mid.

You get the same thing in pvp that people just fight not cap. I don’t believe many think that far to intentionally lose a match to get the achievement. And afk will just be kicked very quick, ofc you can report those anyway.