Annoying Wonderland fall bug

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

Happening every 1/2 falls. Locked lying on the ground till you exit.

A bit of a joke really.

The Winter Wonderland is worse than last year over all with the fall bug and no more staged starting.
The challenge and fun of setting off as a group with everyone else has been removed for no reason other than to dumb things down like sporting events where everyone gets a medal, even for 20th place.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I got this and typed in /dance and it fixed it for me.

Posted by: Jaf.9024

Jaf.9024

You can just dodge and it will fix. I actually did the JP a few times while i was like this.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I’m having this constantly. Dodge always fixes it, but sometimes I start jumping and then notice while jumping that my character is stuck in this pose again. And it makes platforming a bit difficult.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Happens to me as well, a dodge takes care of it at the starting area.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I did it on my asura, so it didn’t make much of a difference visually if I was on my face or feet. Just saying.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: tweeve.3782

tweeve.3782

Its a old bug. It happens in more places than just the jumping puzzle. It seems to be happening more in the jp but its been around for a long time. Just do a dodge roll or some emote that forces the character to move and its fixed. It is at times fun to watch a character try and do the jp laying down and funnier to try and fight like that.

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

It’s not giving them a medal for falling a lot – they’re still falling and getting nothing – at least now they can keep trying without having to wait. Waiting is boring and causes people who are willing to try and improve and learn and get better to give up. I’m glad that people who aren’t as totally amazing as I am can keep trying and actually learn the JP instead of waiting for everyone who did make it to get all the way to the end before they can even try again. All making them wait would do is prolong the time they need to set aside to learn the puzzle and I don’t think it’s harming my 1337 skillz to let someone else learn how to do this, too. I applaud this change.

Posted by: CuttyWise.9045

CuttyWise.9045

Oh man, thanks for the tip everyone! Keeps happening to me too and it’s driving me nuts. When I’m in here I’m deathly afraid of hitting the dodge button, so it didn’t even occur to me.

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

Make sure you are ready to hit the dodge button once you get past the exploding presents, though ! There’s a snowman that blows wind right after them and then big rolling snowballs and ground AOE – you will most likely have to dodge at least some ground AOE so pre be prepared !

Posted by: CuttyWise.9045

CuttyWise.9045

If I ever get beyond the kitten snowflakes, that’s good to know.

I am pretty bad at jumping puzzles, even worse when there’s a time component…but I am determined!