Are The Back Recipes Exclusive to Wintersday?

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

As the title asks, are we only going to be able to get the recipes for the Dwayna and Grenth Back items for Wintersaday only? If not, then where are we going to be able to get them from the end of the event onward?

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’d imagine they’re exclusive, considering they come from gifts and only from gifts.

That said, there will probably be thousands upon thousands of gifts on the TP (much like there were thousands of Dragon Coffers) and between that and the ability to buy the recipes themselves off the TP, they shouldn’t become too hard to get.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Probably, I imagine they’re like the Jade Weapon skins from dragons bash and like those the dragon coffers are still around. The price will go up but the gifts and the recipes will be accessible for those that want them.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

For anyone who cares: drop rates on these recipes are pretty high. After multiple people in my guild linked their drops I decided to actually seek out the recipes. Bought 250 gifts, got Dwayna. Bought 250 more, got Grenth. In hindsight, after looking at the prices on the TP, it would have been cheaper (slightly) to just buy the recipes directly. <—- highly suggest. But I also got a ton of Ascended mats and Essences of Luck, so you have to factor that in.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

And that’s why I’m waiting till week 4 or 5 of Wintersday before buying any recipes I might still need. Supply will just keep pouring in over the event. (Already got 2 Grenth recipes just from opening Gifts. Need 1 more Grenth and 3 Dwayna’s.)

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

And that’s why I’m waiting till week 4 or 5 of Wintersday before buying any recipes I might still need. Supply will just keep pouring in over the event. (Already got 2 Grenth recipes just from opening Gifts. Need 1 more Grenth and 3 Dwayna’s.)

Why do you need more than one of each, out of curiosity? Aren’t the items you get account-bound until used, meaning you could craft them with 1 character to give them to your others if you want them on more than 1 character? Or am I mistaken about that and they’re soulbound on craft?

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

You need one for each crafting discipline. One for tailor (light), one for leatherworker (medium), and one for Armorsmith (heavy).

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

You need one for each crafting discipline. One for tailor (light), one for leatherworker (medium), and one for Armorsmith (heavy).

Back items aren’t light, medium, or heavy so why would they be profession specific here? The recipe just lists leatherworker, tailor, and armorsmith because it’s able to be used by each of these professions, but not that the recipe is a requirement for each.

SRoode.7318

It is if you have more than one toon… My level 500’s are on three different toons, so I would suspect the same is true for Zaxares.

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

It is if you have more than one toon… My level 500’s are on three different toons, so I would suspect the same is true for Zaxares.

Both the Light of Dwayna and the Shadow of Grenth are account bound and soulbound on use so it doesn’t matter how many toons you have; you still only need one recipe for each of these.

In my case I have both recipes on my leatherworker. He can create either of these back pieces and I can pass them onto my necro or my warrior without needing to get multiple copies of said recipes.

SRoode.7318

My mistake, that’s good to know!

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I hope they at least come back each year, unlike the Halloween skins. Festival content should return cyclically.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!