Ascended armor looks terrible!

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Lukecki.1754

Lukecki.1754

I dont know how much blind you must be to not notice how much bad the armor’s are.Almost every other armor in game look’s better than the ascended one i was hoping for somthing really nice and creative and all we got was the same stupid armor like every other in game.You just added glowing effect on some of them THEY ARE TERRIBLE!!! Anet i am really disapointed

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

How else are they going to push Transmutation Crystal sales? :p

Posted by: Beast.9516

Beast.9516

It’s more about the stats anyway I think. I’m going to transmute my T3 armor when I make the ascended.

Beast [Beastess Isdottir][Meilikki Isdottir][Kaunista Illusio][Savant Bixxie]
Aspiring Brotherhood [PACT]
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Darcness.2408

Darcness.2408

this gear looks so nasty to me

Posted by: ConfusedDave.4271

ConfusedDave.4271

Yeah, the Asura Light armor might as well be replaced with a clown outfit. It’s laughably bad!

Posted by: Penquin.9846

Penquin.9846

Whoever designed it needs to be fired. Immediately.

Posted by: MrInfinit.1864

MrInfinit.1864

I think it looks nifty. They can’t please everyone, but they pleased me. Nice job, anet!

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

the full sets are pretty ugly…..but some of the individual pieces are very nice (like female medium helm, heavy gauntlets, or light armor leggings.

am disappointed that they are so much weaker than T2/3 culturals (and most exotic sets), but some of the individual pieces are great enough to get over it (considering taste is subjective).

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

.but some of the individual pieces are very nice (like female medium helm, heavy gauntlets, or light armor leggings..

O.O serious? Try light armor leggins over a male human ele then…. laugh for half an hour. Doh.

Nexon = Advanced Cancer

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Not my style at all, but I suppose there must be some people that like them.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

The light (female) armor looks like medium / heavy depending on how you color it.
Looks nothing like a light armor.

The complaints were there ever since the skins were datamined but ANet sticks to their skins. Not sure if they lack the manpower to change them or if they actually like them.
But I want my light armor to be light armor and not medium / heavy and I want my ascended armor, which I am supposed to want, to look waaaaay better than most exotics.
Only reason I’m getting them is because I’m stupid and I have too much money and they can hold infusions.
The stats aren’t that much better so they’re not worth it for pve and not really worth it for wvw either despite people’s complaints.

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

I really like it on female human guardian. Using celestial and abyss dye imo it looks great. Good job anet. as said beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Posted by: Odinsfury.8360

Odinsfury.8360

Whoever designed it needs to be fired. Immediately.

They’re actually going to be promoted. After people spend their gold to make the armor they’ll be more likely to use cash to buy gems for transmutation stones or armor skins.

Mikuchan.7261

beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

This beholder that thinks that the armors doesn’t meet the standards is pretty huge. It could easilly one-shot an entire lvl 20 party with it’s ray and no 10-foot-poles in the world will help them.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The Ascended armors aren’t to my tastes either, but the people saying the armor is hideous or that the person(s) who designed it need to be fired are overreacting. The amount of detail in each of the armors is incredible. The embroidery/embossing on the armor pieces actually has depth; it’s not just a texture painted onto a surface like some of the existing armors. It’s obvious to me that a LOT of effort has gone into the armors. If you don’t like it, that’s fine; personal taste is a subjective thing. Just keep in mind that your opinion is just that.

Mikuchan.7261

The Ascended armors aren’t to my tastes either, but the people saying the armor is hideous or that the person(s) who designed it need to be fired are overreacting. The amount of detail in each of the armors is incredible. The embroidery/embossing on the armor pieces actually has depth; it’s not just a texture painted onto a surface like some of the existing armors. It’s obvious to me that a LOT of effort has gone into the armors. If you don’t like it, that’s fine; personal taste is a subjective thing. Just keep in mind that your opinion is just that.

True, but they could at least have made light armor actually light armor and not some roman leather gear. It’s too heavy for my poor caster’s frail body and she gets very disturbed by how thick and stiff the armor is.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

That’s fair enough. But also consider the point of view of another caster who DOES want armor that looks like “armor” as opposed to eveningwear. (Not me, but I’m sure there are players out there that do.) That’s why I support having as big a variety of armor options as possible, so there’s something for everyone.

Posted by: islarose.7356

islarose.7356

I dont know how much blind you must be to not notice how much bad the armor’s are.Almost every other armor in game look’s better than the ascended one i was hoping for somthing really nice and creative and all we got was the same stupid armor like every other in game.You just added glowing effect on some of them THEY ARE TERRIBLE!!! Anet i am really disapointed

I like it. The textures and details are nice too.

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

.but some of the individual pieces are very nice (like female medium helm, heavy gauntlets, or light armor leggings..

O.O serious? Try light armor leggins over a male human ele then…. laugh for half an hour. Doh.

Doh!…subjective is subjective…Doh!

the female version is great…..to me.
the male version would be nice if not for the diamond checker pattern….to me.
non-contrasting dyes can mask that pattern it if you don’t like it.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

They need hire some Koreans. Their mmo armors are maybe little wierd but looks awesome.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: Hurin.5467

Hurin.5467

They need hire some Koreans. Their mmo armors are maybe little wierd but looks awesome.

Yes! And then, female characters will walk Tyria, just with few metal straps through entire naked body. Cool… :/

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I like may pieces of the Ascended armor. There are some pieces I don’t care for, but that is fine. Some of my characters will be wearing at least some parts of Ascended Armor as it is.

They have even made a place for Charr tails! Something missing from certain Charr Cultural armor.

I also know that everything looks better in game than previews, so I will not judge until I see a character fully dressed in Ascended andin well thought of colours.

I think I may have mentioned it before, I am glad not everyone is gaga over them. I’d hate it if everyone dressed exactly the same.

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Crafted stuff is not meant to look good.(and I mean the basic crafted stuff like weapons and armor – not something special like those back items from dwayna we got now) You craft it because of stats. I mean look at all ther other stuff.