Ascended armor - looks.

Ascended armor - looks.

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

I find it hard to give a kitten about the ascended light armor now that PVE Rubric is becoming a reality.

For the I don’t know how many times I’ve said this again and again : you can find PvE rubric in game. My necro was running around in it while leveling in Fields of Ruins (I threw it away because I didn’t like it).

If you’re going to say ,‘I had it, but I don’t remember where I got it from and it was a few months back’ then sorry but that’s not going to fly. I’ll shelve it along with the ‘Nightmare Tower meta helmet drops from PvP chests, I didn’t see it but a friend of a friend has it and they showed me a screenie’. In the end, the Nightmare Tower meta helm turned out to be a one skin only thing.

So, no. You are the only person in the entirety of GW2 who claims to have had full Rubrik where no one else in 1 year+ of GW2 has more than the chest from the storyline.

Ascended armor - looks.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

If you’re going to say ,‘I had it, but I don’t remember where I got it from and it was a few months back’ then sorry but that’s not going to fly. I’ll shelve it along with the ‘Nightmare Tower meta helmet drops from PvP chests, I didn’t see it but a friend of a friend has it and they showed me a screenie’. In the end, the Nightmare Tower meta helm turned out to be a one skin only thing.

So, no. You are the only person in the entirety of GW2 who claims to have had full Rubrik where no one else in 1 year+ of GW2 has more than the chest from the storyline.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/46636-the-big-what-armor-is-this-thread/page__st__300
A year+ ago I was already claiming I had it. Either I’m the most boring troll in the world, or I simply had it and didn’t bother remembering everything. Oh and I never claimed to have full rubrik, I claimed to have owned the top as a rare drop.

Ascended armor - looks.

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

I was really hoping they had listened to the complaints like they did with the T3 reskin but noooooooo the ascended armor still looks ugly.
I was so hoping that they would do the right thing but no they kept it ugly so they can earn money from transmutation stones and because they didn’t want to put effort into changing it.
But the T3 reskin they changed cuz that had something to do with their precious gemstore and all they have to do is grab another old skin and slap some non-dyeable flames on it.
No wonder they didn’t make a stream of the ascended armor like they did with ascended weapons cuz they knew people would rage.
This is the last time I’ll buy a game based on cosmetics cuz the cons outweigh the pro’s by far on that subject in this game. At the very least I enjoy playing this game.

Ascended armor - looks.

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

I think the heavy armor looks the best out of the three. I feel bad for medium and light armor wearer. They look dreadful.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Ascended armor - looks.

Posted by: ZhangSai.1562

ZhangSai.1562

does not matter which armor you look at… i’m not getting an ascended feeling with these horrorable looking ugly things…

it’s just funny how Anet is trying to get the most money out of us, because they know that everyone will need transmutation stones to skin something over the ascended gear crap…
never the less that the costs for building them is just so high it’s rediculous…..

holy… I’m so disapointed with Anet…

Ascended armor - looks.

Posted by: RoxBuryNine.4210

RoxBuryNine.4210

I looked at the sets just now and have to agree that they are pretty ugly. I’m not sure why the light armor was designed to look so clownish unless, as previous posters have suggested, it’s because it will be transmuted. I can hardly wait to see what the art department comes up with next. :/

Ascended armor - looks.

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

I actually really like the medium armor (male human), and the light armor is good except the shoulders and pants.
The heavy armor(legs and chest in particular, shoulders look good) is the only one I dislike.