BUG: bell choir songs sometimes impossible

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

I’ve seen the same behaviour a few times now:
on the first song I play after entering (and only the first, also so far not if I stick around for another round), I sometimes can’t hit any notes correctly. hitting them sooner or later doesn’t change anything (and besides, I know the other parts well enough to know when my bells should be rung, even if there’s visual lag).

once I inevitably die, get kicked out and reenter, everything works fine again.

this never happened last year (when I played the bell choir excessively, wanting to get to 600 on all parts).

anyone else noticed this?

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

Yep, this happens to me occasionally. Every note I play is missed even if I play them correctly. Exiting the stage and re-entering fixes it.

Definitely a bug, as I’m someone who regularly gets a 600 score, so it’s very noticeable when every single note I play is shown as missed.

Oranisagu.3706

Yep, this happens to me occasionally. Every note I play is missed even if I play them correctly. Exiting the stage and re-entering fixes it.

Definitely a bug, as I’m someone who regularly gets a 600 score, so it’s very noticeable when every single note I play is shown as missed.

exactly! it hasn’t happened that often (well, I haven’t played that much this year) so I couldn’t run many tests. I’ll try to enter – leave – reenter before the song starts to see if that would work. if I find out anything more, I’ll post again (though to be honest, no new songs and the same bug with the two sequential 9 notes in the upper? part, song 5, which still often don’t count, kinda put me off the choir this year)

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

It’s not a bug, so much as it could be lag. If you lag enough where your inputs are 1 second too late, of course you won’t get credit. If you can get a perfect score, I won’t question your skills, since you would seem to know exactly when to hit the notes when they come down.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I’ve noticed this too. I can usually get near-perfect scores, but it’s getting trickier to do so. It’s more like a ‘lag bug’ since I don’t lag in any other aspect of wintersday games.

Oranisagu.3706

lag presents itself quite differently. notes jump a bit when the connection catches up, or they stay at the bottom for longer than necessary. if lag occurs, the sounds you hear from the other two parts get lag as well. usually nothing happens then you hear multiple sounds at once from your teammates. in addition, in my experience, if you lag, you don’t lose your health until you receive the data from the servers – which means, if you lose health immediately after an orb reaches you, you don’t have lag.

even though attributing this to lag makes no technical sense (especially since it only happens on the first song after you enter), I did not disregard the possibility completey. that why I wrote how I tried playing my notes 1 and 2 seconds before or after they should’ve been played. you can spam a note every half second and you would get credit (life) once at the correct time while losing health the rest of the time, this helps gauging your personal lag.

so no: LAG is not the issue here. lag is erratic and works both ways. this BUG doesn’t, it’s very reliable once you have it, you still have perfect animation and sounds from the other players and your orbs appear at the correct time in the song – if you play them normally the music is correct and fits with the other two parts, you just don’t get any credit.

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

It’s not lag. Lag appears much differently, and I can tell when that is happening. When lag hits, the notes don’t flow as smoothly down, and knowing the songs as well as I do, I can still sometimes hit the notes correctly.

With this bug, the notes are flowing as normal, I’m hitting them at the right times, and not a single one registers.

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081