Bell Choir Minigame

Bell Choir Minigame

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

Am I really the only one that is excited to see that particular game back?
It was the only content I played in the patch last year.
Absolutely loved it. Loved the music, the gameplay. Soooo happy to see it back.
I know how I will spend my holidays X3

Bell Choir Minigame

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

You’re not the only one! It’s hands down my favorite thing about Wintersday :) I love music, I love bells, I love that no one has to fail for me to succeed. It’s a beautiful thing. Maybe I’ll see you there.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

Bell Choir Minigame

Meluna.1764

We shall find a third bell lover and practise until we get a full perfect run <3

Bell Choir Minigame

Posted by: Keeper of Bears.2037

Keeper of Bears.2037

I adore it as well. Every time I play, I end up making friends with the other people on my keyboard. We’ll laugh about those who accidentally typed out the whole song in the chat box, show off our musical skills between songs, and just chat. That’s probably my favorite part of it.

Bell Choir Minigame

Meluna.1764

Absolutely agree. People playing songs during the waiting periods is so much fun. Mostly simple carols. There were even impromptus of groups that played together. All people seemed to be so friendly and nice. AND you are surrounded by cute little toys watching your performance. It was the most pleasant place to be in all of Tyria.

Bell Choir Minigame

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

This is why I love wintersday. The bell choir was my favourite part of wintersday because of the whole music aspect of it. I remember shortly before the end of last wintersday, I made sure to stock up on some bells because I knew Id want to use them through out the year.

Gotta get my hands on an unbreakable choir bell. Being able to play music in GW2 is something I really love about the game.

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

Bell Choir Minigame

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

We shall find a third bell lover and practise until we get a full perfect run <3

Present and accounted for, lez do eet

Bell Choir Minigame

Meluna.1764

YESSIR!
I’ll start memorizing imediately!
https://soundcloud.com/arenanet/wintersday-bell-choir-medley?in=arenanet/sets/guild-wars-2-wintersday-2012
(still love the great toy maker in the bell version)

Bell Choir Minigame

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

I love it too.
I’d love to see another Musical Instrument on the shop or somwhere else in the game too. :O

Trahearne <3

Bell Choir Minigame

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Bell Choir and Winter Wonderland are the two Wintersday activities I’m most excited to see return. I have fond memories of friendly competitions in the Choir, /crying when one of us missed a note.

Bell Choir Minigame

Posted by: Grimlock.4102

Grimlock.4102

Bell choir was awesome! I’m super excited to do the events this year. Like the snowball fight where people were rolling around as giant snowballs, or bringing gifts to the poor gingerbread children on the mountain in that jumping puzzle hahaha. It’s going to be great

Bell Choir Minigame

Toast.6459

YESSIR!
I’ll start memorizing imediately!
https://soundcloud.com/arenanet/wintersday-bell-choir-medley?in=arenanet/sets/guild-wars-2-wintersday-2012
(still love the great toy maker in the bell version)

I think the only part I couldn’t reliably get 100% on was the high part last year, but hopefully that I’m comfortable with my Naga’s number pad I should be able to do that one too

Bell Choir Minigame

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I like Bell Choir for the fact that its a vastly different activity from anything else in the game.

That said, I’ve never really enjoyed nor been very good at music games, so I never really enjoyed it personally. I always feel like I’m ruining the song when I screw up >.>

Glad its back, though.

Bell Choir Minigame

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

By far, my favorite Mini-game in game. None of my friends agree with me, but I’ll sit there doing it all day while they’re yelling at me to run a dungeon or something…. Eh, we can do dungeons anytime!

Bell Choir Minigame

Meluna.1764

Which part is your favourite to play? High, middle or low?

I find middle to be the easiest, not by performance, but it usually is the melody part which makes it easier to remember.

I also like playing low, I just adore the sound of the bell itself in that range.

I agree with Toast that high is the most difficult. We will do our best =3

Bell Choir Minigame

kimeekat.2548

I play a different part each time, unless I mess up really bad and get into a “I’M GOING TO DO IT PERFECTLY BEFORE I LEAVE” mindset. Although, if there are other people around, I feel bad hogging one particular pitch… so I’ll let everyone around me pick first and choose whatever’s left. Sometimes the scramble for a spot is more stressful for me than actually playing o.o;

Bell Choir Minigame

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Bell Choir Minigame

Toast.6459

Which part is your favourite to play? High, middle or low?

I find middle to be the easiest, not by performance, but it usually is the melody part which makes it easier to remember.

I also like playing low, I just adore the sound of the bell itself in that range.

I agree with Toast that high is the most difficult. We will do our best =3

I always played what was the most challenging, if someone else didn’t take it, so high. This year, I’ll be doing it with my eyes closed!

Only half kidding, I used to do that with guitar hero.

Bell Choir Minigame

kimeekat.2548

JAW ON FLOOR. This is amazing! Such fantastic editing, too. I started giggling and dancing with the Asura when it came on. Thank you so much for sharing.

I’m gonna take this opportunity to grovel for more in-universe songs for us to play and for more musical minigames like this year round. I know real world songs have licensing issues ;)

Also, this is good motivation for me to finish annotating the Sailor Moon theme for my flute-carrying Asura.

Bell Choir Minigame

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Hecksa is very talented

Btw, he is currently working on a massive community music project for this Wintersday with clips from lots of players.