Bell Raaaaage... (Colourblind)

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Aircool.9527

Aircool.9527

What’s the problem Aircool? What are you raging about now?

The Bell choir, I’m colourblind! Need I say more?

Would Arenanet like my home address so they can come round and just kick me in the cobblers? Y’know, as a Wintersday gift?

I’m being flippant of course. However, colourblind people have been hammering on at games designers for well over a decade now to have some sympathy and not make parts of the game rely on colours alone.

Shame on you :p

Posted by: Sinikka.2794

Sinikka.2794

Would adding numbers to the notes as they come down work? Or would it just blend in? I really don’t know much about colorblindness…

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

The musical notes come down in rows that are in the same order as your skill layout. You don’t need to see which color they are.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

The musical notes come down in rows that are in the same order as your skill layout. You don’t need to see which color they are.

This. I pay no attention to the colour whatsoever. Think of it like a piano keyboard.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I just tested it switching my monitor colors to black/white and my performance was pretty much the same, missed a few keys but mostly from the lag and lack of skills in general of my part.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

There are 8 rows, and 8 buttons. The colors reinforce the clost but aren’t at all necessary or important. Return to complaining about AoE circles!

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

I agree with PopeUrban. I have a lot more trouble with red circle rings depending on landscape color then the bells. It was a HUGE improvement when they added the pulse-like effect to the rings which use to be just dull lines.
I am colorblind & always had trouble, but not enough that I cant get things done. But that’s just me