Bells + blocking function

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Nicron.2794

Nicron.2794

Hi

There are so many bell-spammers out there, they put the highest note on auto-cast and standing at the bank or the TP in lionsarch
Yes, you can switch instrument-sounds to zero
BUT I love to walk through LA and suddenly hear someones playing a nice song with his bell/flute
So I always have to switch the instument-sounds on again when those spamming kids are gone
I often forget that, so I’m sure I missed many nice sessions in LA :-/

So my question is:
Why not mute someones bell/flute/whatever if I put him on my ignore-list?

Greetings from germany

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

apparently you haven’t heard of the mariners horn, or actually heard it to begin with.
the bell wishes it was as annoying as that.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

1. Report them in game

2. Take a screenshot or recording of them griefing

3. Report them to support (link is at the top of the page) with the screenshot attached

Do this consistently and pretty soon there won’t be any griefers left.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I severely doubt reporting someone for spamming an instrument is a reportable offence when there’s essentially a mute toggle. Taking a screenshot or going as far as to record them doing so is a bit much. I don’t really have a word for it so I’m going to go with crazy. It’s crazy. And stupid.

ANet has stated many times before that they do not consider measures to prevent mistreatment as excuses for their tolerance. If you don’t wish to do anything about it, then you’ve no right to complain, in which case I don’t know why you’re taking part in the conversation.

I don’t consider it griefing.

The people who get annoyed by this are the people who complain about every thing.

You won’t see any action against some thing for “noise pollution”. Especially when there is a volume slider if it isn’t some thing you like.

Posted by: Nicron.2794

Nicron.2794

azure did you even read the first post? ^^

Azure Prower.8701

azure did you even read the first post? ^^

Yes. But my response was not to you.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

The people who get annoyed by this are the people who complain about every thing.

You won’t see any action against some thing for “noise pollution”. Especially when there is a volume slider if it isn’t some thing you like.

The people who are doing what is described in the OP are doing so to grief, therefore it is griefing regardless of what you think or whether or not it successfully griefs you specifically. Your opinion does not in any way affect their intent, and ill-intent is what people are punished for. There is no way anybody spamming a single note on auto-cast for hours on end in the middle of a crowd is doing so with good intentions, which makes me wonder if you even read the OP in the first place.

Azure Prower.8701

The people who are doing what is described in the OP are doing so to grief, therefore it is griefing regardless of what you think or whether or not it successfully griefs you specifically. Your opinion does not in any way affect their intent, and ill-intent is what people are punished for. There is no way anybody spamming a single note on auto-cast for hours on end in the middle of a crowd is doing so with good intentions, which makes me wonder if you even read the OP in the first place.

I found this magically thing that mutes every one doing that.

Walk away.

Posted by: Raziel.4216

Raziel.4216

Walk away.

Right, leaving and letting griefers be fixes things.

If Legend of Zelda came out tomorrow, the usual
forum dwellers would go nuts about the need to
“grind” to get exp, new swords, new potions etc

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Walk away.

No, no. You don’t understand. Their fun is way more important that your fun. Their ability to interrupt your game, and make you walk away is inviolate. Your ability to play your game, and do what you want is unimportant.

Azure Prower.8701

Walk away.

No, no. You don’t understand. Their fun is way more important that your fun. Their ability to interrupt your game, and make you walk away is inviolate. Your ability to play your game, and do what you want is unimportant.

You’re violating my game mode.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Walk away.

You’re violating my game mode.

Which just proves Becka’s point.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

Hi

There are so many bell-spammers out there, they put the highest note on auto-cast and standing at the bank or the TP in lionsarch
Yes, you can switch instrument-sounds to zero
BUT I love to walk through LA and suddenly hear someones playing a nice song with his bell/flute
So I always have to switch the instument-sounds on again when those spamming kids are gone
I often forget that, so I’m sure I missed many nice sessions in LA :-/

So my question is:
Why not mute someones bell/flute/whatever if I put him on my ignore-list?

Greetings from germany

That’s a great idea Nicron. Ignoring someone fully should be possible. No more emotes, no more instruments, no more anything. It would be a very nice fix and it wouldn’t bog down support.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace