Bug: Ho-Ho-Tron Mini hates water

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

Anytime you pull Ho-ho-tron out, run in the water, he goes away.
Not only myself, but others I am sure would love a fix.

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

Not every mini works underwater and Ho-Ho-Tron just happens to be one of them. It’s not really a bug.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Ho-Ho-Tron is not able to go into water because it reminds him too much of his time on Southsun. The memories are too painful and he just shuts down as soon as he gets wet.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

Many creatures in game lack swim animations. Most of the minis are the case of such. (Like centaurs) This isn’t a bug, mostly just a byproduct of incomplete creature animations, which in order to avoid causing issues, simply were despawned upon contact with water instead.

Duty is heavier than death.

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

It does make since they didn’t add animations to creatures when they go in water, cause I have certainly at times brought some creatures in water & they freeze up & “float” back to land in statue form.

Well I do hope they eventually work on the animations, at least for mini’s sake, only after they take care of more pressing game issues.

(Nice Danikat +1 lol)

(edited by Hebee.8460)

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Jack-a-lop used to have awesome swim animation, and it was removed. At least keeping a robot covered with wintersday lights out of the water makes sense.