Charged Quartz in Presents (Disappointed)

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I bought a bunch of the biggest size gifts with my Glory today. I started opening them and was getting charged quartz. After working to get the node in my personal instance and then buying a bunch of quartz and then charging it every day I have to say that I am disappointed in a number of ways at this change.

1.) While not time consuming, it was a waste of the time and money it did take in me harvesting those every day.

2.) Why is it still account bound now?

3.) I got enough of the charged quartz today out of gifts that I got in a month (32).

4.) Doing the Zephyr Meta for the Node in my instance was also a waste of my time.

Changes like these should be put before the players to let them know they are happening so that we don’t waste our time with stuff. I don’t so much care that it happened as much as I am offended that we weren’t told about it. You let those of us that took the time to acquire the quartz just go right on charging quartz thinking that was the only way to do it.

You want us to have better communication with you guys and then there is a total lack of communication on your part. I am disappointed. Thanks for your time.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

you are aware this is for winters day right? the min this is over your home node will be the only source again. If anything this is helping people get a good strong push for charged quartz for a short time. If you feel its an insult to your long slow process that’s fine. Will all jump a few miles ahead of you while you continue with your method since you seem to be against the idea of easier access for a time.

#ELEtism

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Well I spent 50k glory on gifts and got a stack of this quartz stuff. Pretty stupid.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

I can understand why this would be frustrating but at the same time I think it’s a nice short term change to help people out that want celestial gear. That said, after getting over 100 charged quartz from gifts and with nothing to do with it all, it’s a rather disappointing reward. Then again, so are all the ugly socks, hats, and sweaters. But at least those can be traded for other stuff.

Iason Evan.3806

I can understand why this would be frustrating but at the same time I think it’s a nice short term change to help people out that want celestial gear. That said, after getting over 100 charged quartz from gifts and with nothing to do with it all, it’s a rather disappointing reward. Then again, so are all the ugly socks, hats, and sweaters. But at least those can be traded for other stuff.

All I am saying is they should have communicated it. I would have liked them to say, “Hey guys! We are putting Charged Quartz in the Wintersday Gifts. Don’t worry about logging in every day even if you weren’t going to. We will give you more than enough.”

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

annoyed i wasted so many quartz charging them. got 3 times as many charged quartz today as i did since they were introduced…………could have sold the base quartz.

why SUCH a high frequency from gifts?

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

All I am saying is they should have communicated it. I would have liked them to say, “Hey guys! We are putting Charged Quartz in the Wintersday Gifts. Don’t worry about logging in every day even if you weren’t going to. We will give you more than enough.”

Exactly, a little advance communication would be nice. Just like they could’ve told us fractals levels would be reset way in advance of when they finally told us. All that time spent “progressing” alts and such could’ve been spent much more productively.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

yeah a stack of quartz was like 8g. that’s 10 charged.

for 3g I could buy a stack of gifts and get 15ish charged and other stuff and just spam click the stack.

kitten

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

On the bright side, by the end of Wintersday, I’m going to have enough charged quartz and snowflakes to level all crafts without using another T6 material again.

Posted by: Whitey.6185

Whitey.6185

I’m so glad I can get them another way now instead of bloody mining them every day and only being able to charge 1 a day, making it a long grind to make my celestial set. No other stat is time gated to craft, so why should this one.

This has really sped up my celestial crafting set now, and may actually be able to make a 2nd set for my other character.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Good for people that missed out on the quartz nodes to begin with (myself included). But I don’t care about that gear type really.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Good for people that missed out on the quartz nodes to begin with (myself included). But I don’t care about that gear type really.

I don’t have a quartz node either and I do want a celestial set for my Ele eventually- I was glad to see the charged quartz

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: islarose.7356

islarose.7356

They may not have known back however many months ago during Zephyr that they’d be adding Charged Quartz to the loot table for Wintersday. It also ties in with the ascended armor crafting, and providing a means for players who were not present during said event or who did not get the meta to obtain charged quartz for celestial crafting. Finally, it is a drop tied to a limited time event, so at some point charging quartz will again be the only means of obtaining it unless it’s dropped in future events. It’s like catching a break.

It’s a prevalent perspective for players in this game to be upset when materials become easier to acquire (after a significant amount of time,) even if they no longer have an interest in obtaining them and despite whatever logic/reasoning supports the decision. If they’re still collecting the item, now they don’t have to make as much of an investment – that’s good. If they no longer need the quartz, as they have no desire in celestial gear, what impact does that really have? If a player charged the quartz themselves, the player obviously wanted it and planned to use it – was it something that could have waited several months? Was it not worth the investment at the time? One can waste their energy being upset over investing into something they wanted, when it much later became readily available, so be it. It just seems to me like a frustrating perspective to take, dwelling on the negative.

Iason Evan.3806

They may not have known back however many months ago during Zephyr that they’d be adding Charged Quartz to the loot table for Wintersday. It also ties in with the ascended armor crafting, and providing a means for players who were not present during said event or who did not get the meta to obtain charged quartz for celestial crafting. Finally, it is a drop tied to a limited time event, so at some point charging quartz will again be the only means of obtaining it unless it’s dropped in future events. It’s like catching a break.

It’s a prevalent perspective for players in this game to be upset when materials become easier to acquire (after a significant amount of time,) even if they no longer have an interest in obtaining them and despite whatever logic/reasoning supports the decision. If they’re still collecting the item, now they don’t have to make as much of an investment – that’s good. If they no longer need the quartz, as they have no desire in celestial gear, what impact does that really have? If a player charged the quartz themselves, the player obviously wanted it and planned to use it – was it something that could have waited several months? Was it not worth the investment at the time? One can waste their energy being upset over investing into something they wanted, when it much later became readily available, so be it. It just seems to me like a frustrating perspective to take, dwelling on the negative.

I wish you would have taken the time to read my original post more thoroughly. The lack of communication on their part is my grievance, and I stated as much.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

It’s Wintersday! They’re presents! You’re not supposed to know what’s inside before you open them. I have my node in my home instance, yet opening the gifts and seeing the charged made me smile. I found it to be a pleasant surprise.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

I have the node, and I think it’s great that these are easier to get now.

Posted by: Wiseman.4075

Wiseman.4075

Oh man I had the total opposite reaction! I only made one set of celestial and thought about making another. Started getting Charged Quartz and thought SWEEEET Free T6 Mats to help me level crafting to 500!!!!!! I just use them to craft for the exp and then salvage the gear back. I don’t have anymore bank space to hold this stuff.

I guess see them as free Exp (as you can’t sell them or anything) for crafting and ignore the sweat and tears you spent trying for them earlier in the year?

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

It would be better they just give 25 quartz,you can sell them that way or just remove the account bond of the charge one.

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

I have bad feelings about it. Don’t they plan to release something to consume excess of them like 250 Charged Quartz for something expensive? Since they have no other use (except celestail craft)… It is strange that they are usable for one thing only.

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

How does it make your stuff pointless exactly? You still have more than people without the nodes, you’ll still have the nodes after wintersday, and you can still use the node for wintersday.

Or were you just under the impression that certain stat sets would remain somehow “exclusive”?

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I’m sure next update there will be some super cool thing that will take 250 charged quartz.

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I just assumed that something was going to be introduced relatively soon, that was going to require a ton of charged quartz. This way, they can give everyone a head start.

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

If they change the charged quarts to an item that can be traded, I think it would solve this issue. People who do not want them can sell them, people who want more of them can buy them from said people. Would make everyone happy. Or happier at least from the current state of things.

Posted by: Brigg.3961

Brigg.3961

Wish granted.

15 character limit.

HoD [STRM]
All classes, level 80
Dropbear Massacre, Necro Main

Posted by: dAcIaW.5107

dAcIaW.5107

it looks like winterday gifts were supposed to drop only normal quartz and this has now been fixed.

“Fixed a bug that caused Charged Quartz Crystals to drop instead of Quartz Crystals. " – gw2 wiki (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates)

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

just in time i didn’t opened a single gift due to not being able to log in earlier kitten my luck.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Posted by: Anasurimbor.5763

Anasurimbor.5763

Gotten over three stacks of charged from opening some while i was buying/selling yesterday. glad i did.

Borlis Pass

Swedgin [FFT] – Norn Guard

Iason Evan.3806

Really stoked about this being a mistake. Thanks for the fix ArenaNet! Also, re-read the post all. So many posts in here thinking this is about the charged quartz itself. It’s not. It was about the lack of communication. Glad that it was just an unintended mistake.

ArenaNet, you are the best Also, this update has been completely amazing. Thank you.

Posted by: Snowblind.4371

Snowblind.4371

Gotten over three stacks of charged from opening some while i was buying/selling yesterday. glad i did.

No rollback ANET? Some players profited tremendously (time=money).

Posted by: Anasurimbor.5763

Anasurimbor.5763

No rollback ANET? Some players profited tremendously (time=money).

Seems reasonable, if you’re one of those who didn’t profit.

Doubt you’d be calling for a rollback if you had taken the initiative and bought those in bulk and flipped, opening some for yourself.

I’d be mostly okay if i found recompense in 25 crystal/charge rolled back, even though that’s not equal since it’s 25+1day, it was a mistake, but if it’s rolled back, it needs to be done without detriment to players who were at no fault.

Borlis Pass

Swedgin [FFT] – Norn Guard

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

if there is a rollback, shouldn’t the rollback apply to those who got charged from gifts, used those charged for cheaper craft leveling.
Seems it would be a great deal of work for anet to do that.
time=money yeah that 30-45 sec a day, i’m sure many profited greatly from.

Posted by: Cierdwyn.4675

Cierdwyn.4675

They are welcome to rollback and take the ones I got. I bought and opened a ton of those gifties off of the TP looking to get a Ho Ho Tron. I gave up after opening 3 stacks of EACH size thankyouverymuch .. and bought the mini off the TP as the prices had dropped a LOT.

Every time I got a charged quartz I was thinking of them as junk as I have NO plans to craft Ascended anything. -.-

Posted by: Jacks.5367

Jacks.5367

Wow.. Guys. Thanks for the cries. Anet actually nerfed it so that you will quartz crystal instead of charged.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Figures. Some people just don’t want others to have any good things in this game i guess.
Disappointed with Anet for caving in in this case.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Wow.. Guys. Thanks for the cries. Anet actually nerfed it so that you will quartz crystal instead of charged.

what if they even removed those you got? ……maybe also remove from your character anything you could have crafted with them?
just to remember double standards of this game…

Aside that i think everybody got their charged by now….the drop rate was really too high.

I did have all my charged before this patch but to tell the truth i didn t mind them to be easier to obtain…

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Nicron.2794

Nicron.2794

i just got 1 charged out of a giant box
i opened 40 giant ones, results: 6 normal crystals + 1 charged crystal

so it seems that you still can get them

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Like I said in another thread: There was no reason whatsoever to time gate charged quartz to begin with. Celestial gear is not special.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Meh. Would have been nice to have lots of Charged Quartz to level up 400+ crafting, but I’ll deal. Still got about 3 or 4 free Charged Quartz out of it, so I guess I came out ahead.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Makes m laugh that people get all kitten y about limited time leg ups for people. “I did all this now I people have more than I do QQ”

There was nothing stopping you from doing the same thing. And it’s not like people will profit from them as they are account bound. And anything that can be made with them will just flood the market and be used up quickly so by February things will be back to normal. But seeing as it was a mistake onANets part and now been fixed. Just because you where here for the Meta to get the nod dose not make you more important than someone who just starts playing.

So when so ring like this happens again that makes it easy for EVERONE to get something, man up and accept it. In stead of comng to the forums whining about how unfair it is.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Damaskinos.1263

Damaskinos.1263

The OP is one of the most generous people I ever experienced. And his ability to be happy for others is unmatched. A paragon of virtue…

P.S.: It’s a game. Seriously. Nothing you do or achieve here really matters. It’s only for fun. If you hate what you do, stop it…

Posted by: bOgz.7263

bOgz.7263

The OP is one of the most generous people I ever experienced. And his ability to be happy for others is unmatched. A paragon of virtue…

P.S.: It’s a game. Seriously. Nothing you do or achieve here really matters. It’s only for fun. If you hate what you do, stop it…

Thats what all gamers should do. Just stop when you’re not enjoying anymore, do not complain on forums.

If you tell the truth, you get infracted. If you tell irony, the mods wouldnt care or they just dont understand.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

After what happened with flamekissed armor i think being generous with this community is a total mistake…

By a player giving many exotic and many other stuff for free since he got to 80…..

With the recent patch we saw the total shift in the community… So now winning means other should fail :| compared to the first months of the game where people would pay money to help Others >.>

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

I didn’t open my presents until the patch fixed the Charged Quartz… I’m sad I didn’t get to save a few days/months of charging crystals when some people have accumulated over 4-5 stacks of these.

Seriously, they should remove the time-gating now that some people got over 1000 of these in 1 day…

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

What to do with these 4 stacks? Any ideas?

English is not my native language, sorry :<