GW2 Genre

GW2 Genre

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: bartmoss.5107

bartmoss.5107

Dear ArenaNet,

You seem confused, so here’s a hint: Guild Wars 2 is supposedly an MMORPG, not a platformer or jump-and-run game.

Stop with those jumping puzzles.

Instead, please spend your energy on producing actual content, expanding on the story, lore, and the world.

Thanks.

GW2 Genre

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Sounds like someone is having a hard time with the Wintersday JP.

It is also a rather silly complaint seeing as the JP is just a very tiny part of Wintersday, while the vast majority of the release (and all releases for that matter) is not JPs.

Some people clearly like JPs, so let them have their fun. The game is not created specifically for you after all.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

GW2 Genre

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

Dear bartmoss.5107,

You seem confused, so here’s a hint: Guild Wars 2 is supposed to be a game with a broad audience in mind, not just you.

Stop complaining when you don’t like a very specific part of the game.

Instead, please spend your energy enjoying the parts of the game that do appeal to you.

Thanks.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

GW2 Genre

Posted by: BiJay.9830

BiJay.9830

We had one new jumping puzzle this year. Both the halloween and wintersday JP are reworks of the already existing ones from last year. They clearly don’t care much about jumping puzzles, so your point is completely invalid.

If you also count SAB which was made as an april fools joke, people actually enjoyed it so much they made more of it. So people seem to be interested in more jump & run action.

(edited by BiJay.9830)

GW2 Genre

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

We had one new jumping puzzle this year. Both the halloween and wintersday JP are reworks of the already existing ones from last year. They clearly don’t care much about jumping puzzles, so your point is completely invalid.

If you also count SAB which was made as an april fools joke, people actually enjoyed it so much they made more of it. So people seem to be interested in more jump & run action.

And the Not so Secret puzzle in Gendarran Fields.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

GW2 Genre

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

I would also point out that a jumping puzzle is actual content, whether you like it or not.

GW2 Genre

Posted by: BiJay.9830

BiJay.9830

That’s the one new JP we got…

GW2 Genre

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

As you may know there have been updates to the story and Lore but not the original one, I guess thats what you mean.
It has been changes every month showing that Anet listens to thier community and if you provide constructive and good feedback you may have your wish come true.

Claiming that they only do JP’s is bull and some called Bazaar of the four winds a JP but it was not. It was rather hard for some to explore the area but many complained about it and gave constuctive feedback on it so when/if it comes back we may have alternative routes to take.

It’s not possible for Anet to change content you assume bad in one second, one day or even a month for that matter. It takes time and effort.

Your post was not cosntructive IMO.
- What is Actual content? ~In my opinion Guild Wars 2 have had actual content every two week.
- Expanding on the story/Lore? ~Isn’t that what they are doing with the Living Story, you havent seen the full story so how fo you not know that it has anything to do with the main story. Lore wise, almost every new word in the LS is a new lore for the game.
- World has been expanded, we have got South Sun and Bazaar. ~But we all know what happened to South Sun don’t we? We got another map that to spread out the playerbase. And so again IMO, let Anet concentrate on making all maps interesting for all players before they add more maps.

The running thing in the game though I agree with, Tower of Nightmare was awesome but got ruined becouse people decided to run through everything and ruin the enjoyment for everyone decided to stay and fight. Also dungeons are boring to do when every team I party with wan’t to finnish it ASAP and skip through most of the content. I say that is something I would like to have fixed, like doors blocking people from running or no reset on pulled enemies until party whipe.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

GW2 Genre

Posted by: Sorann Peace.9056

Sorann Peace.9056

But jumping puzzles have always been a part of the game. And they’re enjoyable for a lot of people. Also, i’d like to know something: Where have you been in the past year? ArenaNet has constantly been expanding the lore and adding new story. Sure, it may not be as good as some people may like but it’s still there. Unless you are referring to lore that you consider more interesting?

GW2 Genre

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

I friggerty love jumping puzzles don’t take them from me I burn everything to the ground.

/am I joking AM I

GW2 Genre

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

Dear ArenaNet,

You seem confused, so here’s a hint: Guild Wars 2 is supposedly an MMORPG, not a platformer or jump-and-run game.

Stop with those jumping puzzles.

Instead, please spend your energy on producing actual content, expanding on the story, lore, and the world.

Thanks.

yeah if only they’d listen.

Elyl Jrend

GW2 Genre

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

But jumping puzzles have always been a part of the game. And they’re enjoyable for a lot of people. Also, i’d like to know something: Where have you been in the past year? ArenaNet has constantly been expanding the lore and adding new story. Sure, it may not be as good as some people may like but it’s still there. Unless you are referring to lore that you consider more interesting?

They have NOT been a part of anything until GW2. It’s all some johnny come lately stuff.

Elyl Jrend

GW2 Genre

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

They have NOT been a part of anything until GW2. It’s all some johnny come lately stuff.

So they have always been a part of the game then?
Exactly like the person you quoted said?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

GW2 Genre

Posted by: Lamir.6702

Lamir.6702

Winter Wonderland JP is my favorite part about Wintersday. Sorry that it doesn’t appeal to you. It was already built last year so it’s not like they used up a ton of dev time making it this year, so why are you complaining? Don’t run it if you don’t like it.

GW2 Genre

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

So I love jumping puzzles? Please don’t tell Anet to stop making something I love because you don’t love it? I wish they’d make a truly kittene. Even the halloween tower one I figured out in like 20 minutes.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

GW2 Genre

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

That’s the one new JP we got…

kitten . Hey, why was I not informed you had responded to my post?

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

GW2 Genre

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

I really like the jumping puzzles.

If you don’t like them, well don’t do them.