Get teleported back for no reason?

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Batman.7863

Batman.7863

Q:

Please help. I am just jumping from platform to platform when all of a sudden some wind comes and sends me back to the beginning for no reason.

I am talking about the new Snow jumping challenge.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Please help. I am just jumping from platform to platform when all of a sudden some wind comes and sends me back to the beginning for no reason.

It’s lag.

Posted by: Batman.7863

Batman.7863

It’s lag.

If it is so, the it really sucks, because i really wanted to complete that jump puzzle

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

Lag or death from cold.

Where are you located (in general, even just country or state/province/et cetera – nothing identifiable) ? Have you tested your ping ? How fast is your internet ?

A person in another thread reported that when they turned off all background programs (they mentioned Skype specifically) that it went much better and they did not have the problem any more. This might also be a cause of problems.

Just trying to give you some ideas.

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

It’s lag.

It’s not lag. This happened to me 3 times in a row, twice while in the exact same spot, it’s a bug. I could probably duplicate it if I went and stood in that same spot again.

Posted by: Tarral.5862

Tarral.5862

What spot are in you when this happens to you? There is a spot with a wind that will knock you off and it is hard to see sometimes if you don’t know to look for it.

Also, like someone above said, you could be dying to the cold. You don’t get a visible death animation, just ported back to the start.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s lag.

It’s not lag. This happened to me 3 times in a row, twice while in the exact same spot, it’s a bug. I could probably duplicate it if I went and stood in that same spot again.

Well I have never ever been knocked off by wind while on the snowflakes. There are many others that have not either. It was confirmed in another thread that it was due to lag.