Gold for Achievement Points

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I love it. As a player who don’t have time to farm every aspect of this game, I thank you for allowing me to donate Silver and Gold to Ho Ho Tron for Achievement Points. Every single Living Story update should have some type of achievement where I can donate to a cause. As part of the story, many people are suffering due to attacks by villains. It only make sense for us players to be able to donate to those who are suffering. Awarding Achievement Points is a great reward for our generosity.

One change I would like. Please make it an infinitely repeating achievement! Maybe award 10 points per Gold donated? I’ll gladly sacrifice my wealth to help starving orphans.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

ow…
I do not like that idea, sorry.
It’s good as it is, not infinite pls.
People with money lot’s of real money can buy gems and then buy AP.
People would farm money more than ever too buy AP.

It could be a daily to it, donate one gold for 1AP once a day.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Yes for every gold donated in game Anet will give a real dollar to Red Cross.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Yes for every gold donated in game Anet will give a real dollar to Red Cross.

I bet we could make Anet go bankrupt in a week.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

One change I would like. Please make it an infinitely repeating achievement! Maybe award 10 points per Gold donated?

“No” to this portion. I’d like to keep my gold. XD

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

One change I would like. Please make it an infinitely repeating achievement! Maybe award 10 points per Gold donated?

That would just mean that the TP millionares would also have around 500.000 Achievement points without ever leaving Lion’s Arch. :P So.. No.

Achievement points are pretty much the only thing left that actually requires doing other things than playing the TP or champ train farming.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

I love it. As a player who don’t have time to farm every aspect of this game, I thank you for allowing me to donate Silver and Gold to Ho Ho Tron for Achievement Points. Every single Living Story update should have some type of achievement where I can donate to a cause. As part of the story, many people are suffering due to attacks by villains. It only make sense for us players to be able to donate to those who are suffering. Awarding Achievement Points is a great reward for our generosity.

One change I would like. Please make it an infinitely repeating achievement! Maybe award 10 points per Gold donated? I’ll gladly sacrifice my wealth to help starving orphans.

Thanks for the Lols.

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

OP IS a tp baron, lol. Check out his posts in bltc forum.

This is one of those achievements where I just looked at it and laughed. NOPE NOPE NOPE.

Posted by: Yonarq.1072

Yonarq.1072

Hmm 1G for 1AP….

Yeh, I really hope you never get an employment in the balance team of any game ever.

Smooth Penguin.5294

Hmm 1G for 1AP….

Yeh, I really hope you never get an employment in the balance team of any game ever.

I agree. 1 AP is too low for each Gold. 5 points minimum would be baseline ok though.

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

C’mon guys. I am sure OP is being sarcastic and is criticizing the inclusion of such an achievement where gold = AP.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

C’mon guys. I am sure OP is being sarcastic and is criticizing the inclusion of such an achievement where gold = AP.

This guy doesn’t criticize the game, so no.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

This guy doesn’t criticize the game, so no.

This.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I assume this is all sarcasm as the alternative seems ludicrous.

I do not know what possesses Arena Net some times, especially when they make achievements. It is like they come up with them on a whim and never truly think about what they are doing.

Presents should have been the requirement, not silver or gold. Some times it feels like Arena Net truly lack an understanding about their game and the players that enjoy it.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Smooth Penguin.5294

Aaaah. Nice to get this thread back. Now to remove the silly infractions from people who don’t like Achievement Hunters.

How is wanting content that gives AP and appeals to Casuals being sarcastic? It’s not free by any means. You have to make the choice to give up Gold in order to get an Achievement. If anything, this would be a great Gold Sink for the game.

(edited by Smooth Penguin.5294)

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

I will take the initiative to speak for all casuals here: this does not appeal to us. We think it is silly and would never spend gold on achievement points when there are still so many minis we don’t have, and most of our characters are still running around with green backpieces and accessories. LAWL.

That’s why people think you must be trolling, man. This is really not something for casuals. Casuals are the 99% of GW2.

dietzero.3514

Aaaah. Nice to get this thread back. Now to remove the silly infractions from people who don’t like Achievement Hunters.

How is wanting content that gives AP and appeals to Casuals being sarcastic? It’s not free by any means. You have to make the choice to give up Gold in order to get an Achievement. If anything, this would be a great Gold Sink for the game.

10/10.

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

Todays daily contains something I find even more disturbing: Use the toxic offshot finisher 3 times. You can get that finisher for spores + some silver (5 uses) – or buy the unlimited version in the gemshop.
WTF?

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Todays daily contains something I find even more disturbing: Use the toxic offshot finisher 3 times. You can get that finisher for spores + some silver (5 uses) – or buy the unlimited version in the gemshop.
WTF?

Um… I fail to see the problem in here. Buying that limited Toxic Finisher isn’t even half a gold piece, I’m sure everyone can afford to spend 35 silver for the achievement.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

WTF?

Um… I fail to see the problem in here. Buying that limited Toxic Finisher isn’t even half a gold piece, I’m sure everyone can afford to spend 35 silver for the achievement.

I did not say I couldn’t afford it. But I don’t like the idea of having to spend gold for AP – or use an infinite gem shop item instead. That can’t be the idea of a daily, where all the other activities involve playing something productive.

dietzero.3514

The daily where you had to eat the food/oil/stones/crystals was the worst.

Smooth Penguin.5294

The great thing about the current Daily and Monthly system is that you can pick and choose which ones you want to complete. Yeah I didn’t like the daily where I had to use the toxic stones or crystals, so I skipped it.

So if we had some type of Gold for AP meta, players willing to drop money for it could do so, and people who didn’t like it can skip it.

dietzero.3514

The great thing about the current Daily and Monthly system is that you can pick and choose which ones you want to complete. Yeah I didn’t like the daily where I had to use the toxic stones or crystals, so I skipped it.

So if we had some type of Gold for AP meta, players willing to drop money for it could do so, and people who didn’t like it can skip it.

They could call it the pay-to-win achievement.

Posted by: Starfall.6813

Starfall.6813

Seriously, it’s hard to imagine any achievement could be lamer than this one. Unless they actually did make it infinitely repeating. Hard to believe someone at Arena.net thought this was actually a good idea.

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

I think it was well done – it’s totally optional and not necessary to complete the Meta. A nice little gold sink with no pressure and no one feeling left out (if you complete 100% as said 3 gold shouldn’t be an issue).

Smooth Penguin.5294

Can you imagine the health of the in game economy with more Gold sinks? People willing to part with their wealth can only bring good things for everyone. Stable prices across the board would be a major sell for this idea.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Sorry no. I dont want people with 100k gold buy rank 1 of the achievement point leaderboard. Its bad enough they can buy legendaries already.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

@OP: /notsureifsrs >.>

That “achievement” is the very opposite of an achievement by any definition I’ve ever seen, and removal of currency from the game, while necessary, is not something that should ever be worth achievement points.

Smooth Penguin.5294

That “achievement” is the very opposite of an achievement by any definition I’ve ever seen, and removal of currency from the game, while necessary, is not something that should ever be worth achievement points.

But if you think about it, it’s a great incentive to sink existing Gold. You already get AP from having 200 Gold in your account. So if you have one meta to get players to save Gold, then you should have another meta for them to get rid of it.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

There’s a whole thread from the top % of AP hunters that completely disagree with them being optional. To them, if it is offered as an option and gives AP it is therefore a requirement that they must complete and is no longer just optional.

I generally disagree with them, but that’s the playstyle they want to pursue.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

But if you think about it, it’s a great incentive to sink existing Gold. You already get AP from having 200 Gold in your account. So if you have one meta to get players to save Gold, then you should have another meta for them to get rid of it.

Such an artifical gold sink would be beyond silly. If anything add higher tier cultural armors and other prestige objects which give AP when bought. I spent over 500g this week to complete the emperor title for example.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Sigh..

It’s an AP because of the holiday event. I mean seriously people.. There are hundreds and thousands of people in real life right now trying to gather donations to help needy people. So ANET throws in an aspect like that for this Holiday Event in the game and awards an AP for donating.

This isn’t breaking the game…this isn’t hurting anything… you don’t wind up with 500AP and your next AP Chest…

It’s not a bad idea. It fits into the spirit of the season.

To the OP, this isn’t the first time that donations have been used to help the citizens of Tyria. After the Karka attack last year they took donations to help rebuild the Lighthouse. You also received tokens back for this and could use them at a vendor that gave you weapon skins.

I love the fact that there are NPCs affected by all the turmoil in the world of Tyria and that they are asking the Heroes (Players) to help out.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

This isn’t breaking the game…this isn’t hurting anything… you don’t wind up with 500AP and your next AP Chest…

My concern isn’t the current implementation, necessarily. I admit I don’t care for the recent trend of AP being awarded for currency removal, but ANet using this as a parallel of RL holiday charities is at least a creative way to go about it (instead of the Big Spender and Karma Spender dailies, for example…).

With that said, my objection is that the suggestion the OP made, namely making the achievement infinitely repeatable, has the potential to be extremely broken.

You may as well insert a direct gold-to-AP conversion rate and add it to the gem store interface.

(edited by Vick.6805)

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

I would agree that it would not need to be an aspect that carries on infinitely. I believe the cap for the Gold donation is 3 gold, which is fine in my opinion.

If it kept going like the Recycle AP, then yes that would not be good. You would then have a problem with people just buying AP for the chests. That would be a huge problem.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Smooth Penguin.5294

You bring up a good point. There were some players who caused Anet to put a cap on the salvage AP meta, since it got out of hand. In that case, any Gold to AP metas should then be capped. But it would be nice if they brought this out for ever Living Story update.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Hmm 1G for 1AP….

Are you trying to insult me? I haven’t sent any application to any game company so don’t worry.
‘I am a musician not a programmer’

Also this is not about balance it is about doing dailies. Doing one of five dailies gives you one AP and some times there is a Daily where you just have to visit a Laurel Vendor to get 1AP. IMO to donate 1G is harder than to visit a Laurel Vendor but easier than doing a Boss day daily for example.

In other words, the point of my idea wich I don’t care for at all anyway. I just meant that if gold for AP was introduced I mean that 1AP a day for 1G at best or else GW2 AP system will go down the drain. Since I don’t like the idea from the start.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

10AP per 1g? That would be silly.

If we’re discussing sinks, let’s make them deep sinks.
Every donation awards 10AP, but the amount of money required goes up with every donation.
3g->6g->12g->24g->48g->96g->192g->384g->768g->1536g->3072g->……..

This way it would become unsustainable for even the richest players to continue buying AP with money and would also reduce the gold in circulation.

Basing my argument on this achievement, every Achievement Point is worth about 4g95s.

(edited by FenrirSlakt.3692)