Guide: How to beat Toypocalypse very easily.

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

A year ago I wrote a little guide to teach people how to effectively beat toypocalypse linked below:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/wintersday/Guide-to-beating-Toypocalypse-very-easily/first#post1086728

A few things have changed from last year, you only need to get 1 dolyak through so without further ado, the updated guide:

Step 1, grab candy cane (good for destroying things)
Step 2, smash everything
Step 3, build anything that drops right next to where you pick it up
Step 4, build only snowmen and catapult, litter the map with them. Walls and ballista are pretty much worthless.
Step 5, dont upgrade siege till wave 3, even then only upgrade to repair your siege. Mega siege cannot be upgraded and cannot be repaired.

What happens is the toys ‘aggro’ the snowmen and catapults and the catapults and snowmen kill them really quickly, when toxx spawns she will run between all your placed siege and ignore the dolyaks. Keep in mind that toxx has a few aoe attacks this year that will wipe out your siege, which is why building your catapults and snowmen everywhere is the best idea. If you pack it in tight little balls toxx may ruin it.

Few other tips: Use hay to heal your hurt dolyaks, its not too uncommon with the above method to make it all the way through with 5 full health dolyaks to show for it.
You can heal yourself by standing next to the middle pillar with the dolyaks.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Posted by: Wooboost.8527

Wooboost.8527

Logged in to say thanks for the guide & tips, it was very helpful and made getting the ap’s a breeze. Me n my guildies had so much siege laid out that the mobs never even got close to the yaks, we didn’t even have to think about killing mobs, the siege wiped em out fast.

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Good guide. I managed to complete it 1st try with all Dolyaks 95+ percent health. Bit bad start but we used hay and then stayed at top health. Seems a lot of people still know how to play from last year.

I like tons of siege near Dolyak and a bit other siege spread out to take the aggro while the “mass siege” far away from mob spawn near your Dolyak takes the waves out.

Candy Cane smasher good for AoE. If robot spawns I prefer to switch to rifle(strong single target and only 1 boss then). And stay away from Dolyak area so player won’t pull him there and make him AoE your siege there + Dolyaks. Other weapons not needed(that repair pistol thing).

Sometimes at some frozen lake(I think every time after 2 waves after killing boss) some additional presents spawn to loot.

Draygo.9473

Thanks for the comments. Usually though you don’t want to be fighting the toys at all, just keep moving around smashing and building.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Did this tonight. I dont think anyone in our team got over 20 overall points. But all our yaks were at full hp. and someone even straight afk’d for the final 3 rounds because we didnt need to do anything.

Large clumps of catapults out in the field were just up and spawn camping all the monsters. Never even needed repairs.

Draygo.9473

Thanks for the comments guys.

I think the number of extra presents you get every other round after defeating toxx is the same as the amount of currently alive dolyaks you have.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Interesting strategy. The strat I used last year was to build ice walls in between the “pillars” to stop toys from getting to the Dolyaks, and then line the outer circle with Catapults. What usually happens is the toys rush the walls, then get smashed to pieces by massed Catapult fire.

Of course, that was last year when you needed to keep all 5 Dolyaks alive for the achievement. Now that only 1 needs to stay alive the Walls are likely no longer as necessary.

Draygo.9473

You can click the link for my last years guide, essentially if you got past the first wave without losing a dolyak you would finish with the achievement.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Thanks for the guide. I always brought the supplies back to build siege, but I like the idea of building where you find it. Faster and less trouble.

It seems easier to me this year than last, and not just because you can lose some of the yaks. Anyone else have that impression?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

Also the candy cane has 2 interrupts on a very short cd so with a bit of coordination with your team you can interrupt every one of toxx’s attacks.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Last year what I would do is have 2 people with the Popgun and 3 people with the Candy Cane for Toxx. The canes stagger their interrupts to keep Toxx from doing anything, and the Popguns burn her health down. Not sure if that’s still necessary this year.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

also building up and putting one person on a mortar on the north end helps a lot, if that person is good at aiming siege

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Kurogami.9210

Kurogami.9210

Another nice trick is to fill the mini-labyrinth with several catapults and then block the two entries with ice walls. Due to their reach they can attack a large area and devastate enemy groups that spawn within their reach.

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Actually, the op’s idea is good. The only problem my group had was that we started at the spawn point, and lost a dolyak because the toys spawned on the other side. The rest of it was easy mode.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Another trick: If you are holding the smasher, and are near a gun, you can switch weapons to get around the cool down on the knockback skill. So if you need to get Tixx away from your base in a hurry, just rapidly switch between the weapons and spam their knockbacks. You’ll have those stacks of defiant down much faster that way.

I disagree that walls are entirely useless. They do help in keeping dolyaks safe, and blocking off choke points. I think the best strategy is just to build-build-build. Don’t waste time fighting mobs, your siege will take care of that for you.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

A year ago I wrote a little guide to teach people how to effectively beat toypocalypse linked below:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/wintersday/Guide-to-beating-Toypocalypse-very-easily/first#post1086728

A few things have changed from last year, you only need to get 1 dolyak through so without further ado, the updated guide:

Step 1, grab candy cane (good for destroying things)
Step 2, smash everything
Step 3, build anything that drops right next to where you pick it up
Step 4, build only snowmen and catapult, litter the map with them. Walls and ballista are pretty much worthless.
Step 5, dont upgrade siege till wave 3, even then only upgrade to repair your siege. Mega siege cannot be upgraded and cannot be repaired.

What happens is the toys ‘aggro’ the snowmen and catapults and the catapults and snowmen kill them really quickly, when toxx spawns she will run between all your placed siege and ignore the dolyaks. Keep in mind that toxx has a few aoe attacks this year that will wipe out your siege, which is why building your catapults and snowmen everywhere is the best idea. If you pack it in tight little balls toxx may ruin it.

Few other tips: Use hay to heal your hurt dolyaks, its not too uncommon with the above method to make it all the way through with 5 full health dolyaks to show for it.
You can heal yourself by standing next to the middle pillar with the dolyaks.

Worked like a charm. Thanks.

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

PvP gear also seems to effect certain things inside Toypocalypse. For example, I was healing faster inside the circle while wearing a cleric PvP amulet. I believe I also crit higher with the rifle when wearing a Berserker amulet.