I am stuck at 19/20 achievements

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Sooneroo.2074

Sooneroo.2074

I have done all the achievements for Wintersday, which count for 12/20 of the achievements. Further to that, I have completed the jumping puzzle 20 times, giving me the achievement once, the Bell Choice Ensemble thrice, Snowball Mayhem and Toypocalypse twice. By my count, that’s exactly 20 achievements, but I didn’t get the reward once I completed my last activity.

Anyone had this problem?

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Maybe one of the repeats don’t count towards the meta? (no idea)

I do remember back during the sanctum of the 4 winds living story there was a repeatable achievement (related to sanctum sprint, IIRC) which you could complete over and over for rewards (but didn’t give achievement points), but it didn’t count towards the meta.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

The meta achievements for a while now won’t be completed from their own category they need the “extra” points from the LS themed dailies.

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

Usually when you do a repeating one it doesn’t count again to fill up a pip in the Meta – only the first time. I’ve done the Bell Choir one more than once, but it still only counted once – for example.

However, I finished the Meta yesterday and I didn’t even do any of the Snowball Mayhem or Toypocalypse Achievements – I just did Dailies to account for the discrepancy. I also finished the Nightmare Ends without doing the Loot the Chest 5 Times Achievement (I did everything else because it was fun for me – but if I had been having trouble I wouldn’t have had to – I could have done dailies instead).

Conceivably you could do it entirely through dailies, even.

I agree in advance that they should make this clearer for people who haven’t figured it out – that the specific LS Dailies now count toward the Metas (the icon of the Daily is the same as the LS icon). It’s a great thing and means you can play how you want and still get the Meta done. While I love the JP, many people hate it – but they don’t have to do it to still finish the Meta ! – just like I didn’t have to do things I wasn’t particularly interested in.

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Repeating quest’s don’t count, there are dailies however that do count towards it so make sure you do whatever wintersday daily is available at the time.

The thing is, if the daily specifies to either do the jumping puzzle, snowball mayhem, or bell choir, you have to do that particular daily for that day to get credit for it.

Posted by: Sooneroo.2074

Sooneroo.2074

Thanks everyone!

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

I can’t wait until Google gets its own domain. Then I could look up these questions because I’m sure they have been asked many times over.

What are daily quests for 500?

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I can’t wait until Google gets its own domain. Then I could look up these questions because I’m sure they have been asked many times over.

I’m not sure what you mean. If you are asking how does one use dailies to achieve 500 Achievement Points and the associated chest, then any daily completed on that particular day’s list will count toward your Achievement Point total. As will Monthly Achievements, or any other Achievement in-game. Good luck. =)

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

I’m not sure what you mean. If you are asking how does one use dailies to achieve 500 Achievement Points and the associated chest, then any daily completed on that particular day’s list will count toward your Achievement Point total. As will Monthly Achievements, or any other Achievement in-game. Good luck. =)

Haha nah you missed my point. Not asking anything. Telling people to stop asking this stupid question and just look it up. It gets asked far too often. If only they would check their daily tab for the meta or Google. it.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

(edited by Saint.5647)

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Or, we could be patient and answer the question in a friendly manner or else just refrain from reading the request and replying at all.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I think I’ve only done about 6 of the actual achievements for Wintersday, and obtained 11 via dailies as the achievement points I refuse to do either 1) require a team, 2) take too long to be worth it, or 3) are just plain impossible for me – like the jumping puzzle. Yes I am one of those people who just can’t complete them, end of story.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor