Infusion Light of Dwayna/Shadow of Grenth

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Q:

If anyone has these, are they able to be infused?

If so, what’s the recipe?

If not, are there plans for allowing these to be infused?

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

(edited by Vorch.2985)

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

A:

No, neither can be infused atm.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

For something so expensive, it’s really surprising.

Posted by: John Chambers.1059

John Chambers.1059

Same thing here.
I would like to craft my back Light of Dwayna, but I saw on the forum, no infusion slot…
for a back at 300 G…

Let me guess, now we need to wait the next update on … January to expect a real ascended back item…

I always feel frustrated after an incomplete update, and now my frustration is top since few months.

Vorch.2985

Ty for the answer. I want the skin, but I’ll hold on to the mats until there is an infusion recipe.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

They are ascended recipes, so they should be of ascended quality…. this is a bit disappointing.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Vorch.2985

I do hope anyone from ANet that reads this forwards it to the team. I love the skin, but I don’t think I’d be willing to use a transmutation stone to place it on another infused back piece.

I don’t think it would be terribly difficult to place that recipe in the game.

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

I would think its due to the fact that the back and armor pieces are new. I can bet the armor (and maybe even weapons?) can’t be infused either until (or if) they put them in the forge.

I would wait and see, but that waiting could be a very long time. Best to assume for now, they won’t come and go off that.

Duty is heavier than death.

Vorch.2985

My issue isn’t the fact that it’s new. To my knowledge, all ascended back pieces can be infused.

I love the skin, but it doesn’t make sense to get statistically if it’s unable to be infused. Those infusion slots are VERY valuable.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

When they first implemented agony, they stated that agony resistance would only be obtainable through fractals. Considering the only infusible items involve fractals, I think it’s intended. You could say the act of infusing itself involves fractals, but maybe they don’t see it that way, even though the only difference is 1 vial. The other non fractal related ascended back piece, the karka shell, is also not infusible.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Make a recipe to allow infusions that requires Mists Essence. Requires fractals? Check. Back on topic.

Vorch.2985

When they first implemented agony, they stated that agony resistance would only be obtainable through fractals. Considering the only infusible items involve fractals, I think it’s intended. You could say the act of infusing itself involves fractals, but maybe they don’t see it that way, even though the only difference is 1 vial. The other non fractal related ascended back piece, the karka shell, is also not infusible.

I’m pretty sure it’s because the karka shell is exotic.

Posted by: Versprechen.9473

Versprechen.9473

I’m pretty sure it’s because the karka shell is exotic.

It can be upgraded to ascended but not infused.

My guess is that for Light of Dwayna and Shadow of Grenth to become infused (if ever, initial cost aside), it will follow the same recipe that requires 250 ectos, 1 glob of mists essence, and 1 gift of ascension like all the other ascended backpieces.

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

You could always see it as an expensive skin. It should be perfectly possible to use Transmutation Crystals to put it onto a (Infused) backpack. I already got a upgraded backpack, I wouldn’t want to upgrade yet another one when I can just transmute it and save myself the Gold. I simply see it as a perk that it allows you to select stats if you in example have no interest in Fractals and don’t need the Agony Resistance.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Vorch.2985

You could always see it as an expensive skin. It should be perfectly possible to use Transmutation Crystals to put it onto a (Infused) backpack. I already got a upgraded backpack, I wouldn’t want to upgrade yet another one when I can just transmute it and save myself the Gold. I simply see it as a perk that it allows you to select stats if you in example have no interest in Fractals and don’t need the Agony Resistance.

Yea. Due to the lack of official response, I think that’s what I’m gonna have to do. It’s quite expensive to be transmuting an ascended back piece onto my fractal backpiece…but I guess it’s working as intended…unfortunately -_-

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

At least you will be able to use a Transmutation Splitter on it, if you at some point should you wish to revert the skin to the Fractal Capacitor (Infused) skin again. There’s always that too to keep in mind. If seen as a skin, it’s a highly expensive skin for sure, but there’s a whole lot of expensive skins in the market today anyways.

ArenaNet, Ascended breathing masks, when? Only remaining slot.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest