Is the Ascended Giver Stats Available?

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

Q:

Last year we got Giver stat combo for weapons/armor.

Weapons = Condition Duration, Vitality, and Power
Armor = Toughness, Healing Power, and Boon Duration

I have 4 questions:

1. Has the ascended version finally been put in this year to craft? Edit – NO
2. Has the ascended version finally become selectable on legendries? Edit – NO
3. If it is not in, are there plans to make it available?
4. If there are no plans to bring it, why not?

Id love to have the ascended stat combo available for my engineer.
Thank you so much for your time.

(edited by Hebee.8460)

Hebee.8460

Important to keep up top, since this stat combo opens more build varieties.
1 of Anet’s many goals.

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

Unfortunately, that stat combo still isn’t available on ascended weapons/armor or legendaries.

Hebee.8460

Thank you Zedd for checking on that. I’m at work currently :P
Then I hope to get an answer for questions 3 & 4.

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

Yeah, no problem.

Posted by: ixie.9271

ixie.9271

I was really hoping we’d get this for Wintersday, I’ve not yet made ascended weapons and am putting off making a legendary as I don’t want to give up my exotic giver’s stats

Hebee.8460

I feel same way ixie.
Only thing really holding me back on Quip & Ascended Shield.

Hebee.8460

Still very hush on the subject of this stat combo

If its coming, a Yes works.

If its not coming, a No and legitimate why is great.

Posted by: Tub.4560

Tub.4560

Don’t ask me to dig up the old thread, but someone quoted an answer from support, saying that the omission of the Giver’s stats on ascended weapons was deliberate. It’s not an oversight, they don’t want to have it in the game.

No reason given, though.

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Tub is correct in that not including Giver’s stats on ascended weapons was deliberate. However, no reason was given at all, so the statement that “ArenaNet does not want ascended giver’s weapons in the game” is not supported.

Remember that the old Halloween weapon recipes were disabled back in September, with the stated reason that they were being reworked for Halloween 2013. (I recall a number of people being quite unhappy about the new recipes, but there were new recipes.)

Until ArenaNet actually makes a statement about the reason why there are no ascended recipes for Giver’s weapons, it can still go either way. Either they don’t want those stats on ascended gear, or they are considering rebalancing the crafting recipes with snowflake drop frequency and other economic factors. Or perhaps something else entirely.

I hope such a statement will be forthcoming.

Hebee.8460

Thanks Tub and Jornophelanthas!
This is very sad to hear & really most unfortunate

I would love to see the comment made by ArenaNet about this situation, & an updated reason why Giver is not in Ascended stats currently.

If there is no reason for it, then just an acknowledgment of “yes its coming” or “no its not” would very much satisfy not only myself, but many players who utilize these stats. This would let us focus our current efforts in holding off on creating Ascended/Legendary equipment, into other avenues that would be more beneficial to us besides waiting.

Thank you!
(No set-date required if it is coming )

Hebee.8460

I actually found it by snooping around on google:

http://i.imgur.com/EBwjLwz.png

There is even in a forum in of all places Suggestion:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Allow-Giver-s-stats-on-ascended-legendary

Now with all that said, is there an update to this stat combo coming to Ascended/Legendary weapons or armor?

Hebee.8460

Still on the zipped lip I see
No update Anet?

Posted by: Cold Hearted Person.6154

Cold Hearted Person.6154

I dont want to be a party-poper but you wont get any response, if Anet wanted to do so we would already get one.
Even back when ascended weapons were just added, no one from Anet warned us before hand that they wont include Givers in, and no one explained why.

Hebee.8460

Its ok Cold Hearted Person, I wanted to at least bring this stat topic up since the last update we got was it is currently up in the air, waiting if Anet will catch it or let it drop.

Hoping for best, preparing for worst.

Last acknowledgement was back in September this year (2013) it seems based on that image above.

Posted by: Zen.4678

Zen.4678

So pretty much those who run these will be sub-optimal damage wise because of no ascended/legendary giver’s stats.

Hebee.8460

Pretty much. It is very unfortunate that this stat combo is being forgotten about & is just expecting people to be ok with it being left off. Which at that point it will more then likely just be eliminated.

Opening gift boxes and getting a exotic recipe of Giver makes me depressed every time this Wintersday.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Most likely the devs think that having Ascended Boon Duration stats might be OP. Or that, like Crit damage, it won’t be increased by bumping it up to Ascended, and so players might think it’s worthless and thus there’s no point in putting it in.

Hebee.8460

If they bumped the other stats to ascended level & possibly bump the precent’s up by 1 percent, that might be fine. But I think it would be fine if the precent’s stayed the same. (Someone would have to do the math to really find a “sweet spot” for those numbers if we want them bumped up)

I am more concerned with the weapons anyways. If Anet focused on those 1st that might help them have a smaller “To Do List” to focus on this issue.

Otherwise a simple answer of “Were looking into this” or “We have no intent of bringing Giver to Ascended” would go a really long way.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Otherwise a simple answer of “Were looking into this” or “We have no intent of bringing Giver to Ascended” would go a really long way.

They specifically excluded it with the initial release. I wouldn’t really get my hopes up, if I were you. I’m inclined to say that they think the duration bonuses are OP. For what it’s worth, I’m inclined to agree with them, at least for weapons; Condi Duration is incredibly strong for what it costs.

Nalhadia – Kaineng