Is the toypocalypse soloable?

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Toyah.4902

Toyah.4902

Coming to the achievements late in the game

Also, any easy way to see if the dolyak event is up in LA?

TIA

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I did story instance solo on my Mesmer, it was very easy.
The actual zerg instance however, you need at least 4 peeps for or its going to be hard.

Dolyak events are based on the progress bar of people turning in coins/shirts/etc.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

The Dolyak takes roughly 6-10 gold to set in motion if you’re the only one donating. It is, however, difficult to solo since the skritt are not “hostile” and thus difficult to take care of. However, letting LA know when you are about to set one off means you will likely get help.

Toypocalypse is a tough one to answer, since individual classes don’t matter. It’s a tower defense derivative, and the weapons available to you as a character are very simple and lack the same kind of flexibility you can see in your usual skills. However, understanding what everything does and not trying to save every Dolyak . . . you might be able to survive.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The Infinirarium is, although it’ll take you a long time trying to do it solo.

Toypocalypse I would say no. The Toys come thick and fast in the later waves, and it’s unlikely you’ll be able to get enough defences up and repaired fast enough to hold them off. Especially when Toxx shows up.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Did manage the dungeon instance of the Last Day solo, but it took a long time and died a lot to the Princess Dolls and Toy Soldiers. The Plush Griffons took a while to handle since I had to solo three at once in the helm area and wound up having to restart it from the bottom as they nulled all my progress in securing it when I was stuck outside the ring.

Toxx however, was easy.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

A friend and I two-manned Toypocalypse last night (thinking it was the last time we’d be able to play it). The initial wave was tough, but once we were set up with ~10 catapults and snowmen on the east and west side of the dolyaks, the rest of the encounter was smooth sailing.

Our “strategy” came down to: Break things. Build in place. No upgrades.

Basically, we built only catapults and snowmen wherever we found scraps and snow. We tried to space them out a little so that Toxx didn’t break them all in one fell swoop. The catas and snowmen handled Toxx with ease while we busied ourselves filling in gaps. We beat it without any issue.

TL;DR, 2-manned it so very likely soloable once you’re past the first wave.

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Pringer.1574

Pringer.1574

Toypocalypse is soloable. I even made a recording of doing the whole thing solo. It gets easier once you get past Skirmish level.

Infiniarium is quite easy to solo, but it can take a bit of time.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I agree that it can be done solo. I’ve finished it with 4 dolyak left. Once you’ve gotten through the first wave, it’s generally no different than if you had a full team. Just don’t do upgrades and place catapults/snowmen where you pick them up. Also don’t just focus in one area for too long.