JP fixes, please?

JP fixes, please?

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

I’m honestly not sure why it was changed to begin with, the way it works now is nothing short of annoying, sure it was slower before, but at least I didn’t have to deal with annoying bugs keeping me from completing it. Such as:

Snowflakes in front of me melting, forcing me to wait 3-5 seconds until they reappear. Really? That’s not even logically explainable
Snowflakes behind me starting to melt as soon as I start, while not a serious problem to people who know the puzzle, it is to the people who have never done it before
Exploding presents exploding for no reason, pretty much speaks for itself
Falling through the presents in front of the box you’re supposed to jump into, if that’s intentional, at least mention it somewhere

Challenging is one thing, annoying because of bugs is a whole different snowball

JP fixes, please?

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

Snowflakes in front of me melting, forcing me to wait 3-5 seconds until they reappear. Really? That’s not even logically explainable
Snowflakes behind me starting to melt as soon as I start, while not a serious problem to people who know the puzzle, it is to the people who have never done it before
Exploding presents exploding for no reason, pretty much speaks for itself
Falling through the presents in front of the box you’re supposed to jump into, if that’s intentional, at least mention it somewhere
snowball

OK I don’t see any of the things you listed as bugs. The snowflakes disappearing is because once they are first stepped on they have a time limit before they disappear, or “melt”. The exploding presents are designed that way, there is a pattern you have to figure out. Big hint here is do NOT step on any of the blue presents at the start, jump over them to the red ones so that way they do not disappear as fast. Also do not go for the deliver present options, go respawn here option because it is safer and you only get 3 big gifts if you deliver the present instead of one.

This puzzle is fairly doable, just stop being a kitten about “bugs” that work as how they are intended to work and complaining because you can’t get it. The old saying practice makes perfect comes to mind here.

PS it took me about an hour of complete failing before I noticed the patterns in the boxes

(edited by Minigrump.4961)

JP fixes, please?

Posted by: drowze.3709

drowze.3709

A bug I encountered was having to wait for snowflakes while the ones behind me were disappearing, 2 jumps before the candy platforms I had no snowflakes to jump on and the one I was on disappeared.
For the rest I didn’t really encounter many bugs… Maybe one more: if you don’t jump, but walk into the last present to complete the puzzle, my character walks “laggy” as if sticking to the floor. This I fix by suicide jumping and resetting to start.

JP fixes, please?

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

I did not do the JP last year. I spent an hour or so learning it – and now I have 15 completes.

It is challenging to learn, but so far there is only one possible “bug” I have seen – that is the presents ending up stuck in a semi-exploded state. However, people are able to jump up the semi-exploded ones and consistently make it so it doesn’t seem like the end of the world.

JP fixes, please?

Posted by: Syrpharon.7491

Syrpharon.7491

Never done this JP before, but did it succesfully on my first try.
At the beginning I didn’t even notice that the snowflakes where melting until I looked at other people doing it.
Same thing at the gifts part: saw people doing it and figure it out.
The giant snowballs part is pretty easy, and the last part with all the stuff and candies floating in midair is tricky but doable by just being careful.
And I don’t think I’m that good at JPs.

JP fixes, please?

Toast.6459

Clarification fail on my part:

Gifts exploding with nobody on them, pretty sure that isn’t intentional
Yes, snowflakes do melt in front of you, I can’t tell you how to reproduce it, it just happens. You’ll either lose valuable time and possibly die, or end up with nowhere to go and have the snowflake under you melt

Many of you are missing the point, I’m not saying the JP is overly hard, I can do it easily
WHEN there are no annoying bugs

JP fixes, please?

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

What was wrong with the way it was last year? It was more than challenging enough, a lot of grumpy people at the end of it who just couldn’t find their way through or kept freezing to death, until they got quick enough and finally got to the end. Now we lose health at a monumental rate designed to get to the NPC before we freeze, instead of through the whole puzzle before we freeze, like last year.

If the people on the snowflakes (ie. charrs & norns) were annoying, and I grant you a lot of them do impede your path through the JP, then why not implement what was done in the Halloween JP this year instead?

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

JP fixes, please?

Posted by: Scorchongw.8495

Scorchongw.8495

The gifts are supposed to explode at the start to create a random path blocker, so that is not a bug.

JP fixes, please?

Toast.6459

The gifts are supposed to explode at the start to create a random path blocker, so that is not a bug.

Alright, well it would still be nice if they didn’t respawn and then immediately explode like they do now, I recall that happening once and it triggered the entire explosion sequence all over again when the rest respawned, making for an even longer wait.

I’m not saying theres anything game breaking, just a lot of small, annoying things for which fixes would be appreciated.

JP fixes, please?

Posted by: Makus Wood.9750

Makus Wood.9750

Am I alone with the bug of never getting anything more than 3 Gifts for doing this puzzle? 2 days straight that is all I get. No items No tonics, nothing but 3 Giant Wintersday gifts…. Someone help what am I missing and how do I get my loot.

JP fixes, please?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’ve never gotten anything but 3 Giant gifts for doing the JP this year. Last year the first time you did the JP each day you got bonus loot, but it seems to have been removed for 2013.

JP fixes, please?

Posted by: dognosh.6327

dognosh.6327

Am I alone with the bug of never getting anything more than 3 Gifts for doing this puzzle? 2 days straight that is all I get. No items No tonics, nothing but 3 Giant Wintersday gifts…. Someone help what am I missing and how do I get my loot.

If they gave loot for this the market would crash at a guess, I can do this many times in 30 mins, and am on nearly 300 jumps completed, imagine if I got a loot chest for each of them

JP fixes, please?

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Not bug, but it takes away the fun.
Last year we are being chased by melting snowflakes, stopping too long will fall. Like clock tower.
This year, we are waiting for snowflakes to spawn (EVERY SINGLE TIME on left path), I can chat with friends while jumping.