JP teleport despite not falling

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: chupa.2683

chupa.2683

Here I am, jumping along on the snowflakes minding my own business when suddenly I get swept back to the start even though I never fell. What is happening and how can I stop it? It’s driving me batty!

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Is it happening repeatedly, or just the once. It’s still a PvP match, so after 30 minutes it will reset on its own.

Another possibility is that you’re going too slow and dying. I’m not sure what that looks like, I haven’t gone slow enough yet.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Headless.3718

Headless.3718

I think its some kind of lag. i got the same problem in cliffside fractal. just running up like normally and bam i’m back at the start and downed. my friends then told me that i jumped down, while everything on my screen was fine.

Posted by: Shocktor.4570

Shocktor.4570

Here I am, jumping along on the snowflakes minding my own business when suddenly I get swept back to the start even though I never fell. What is happening and how can I stop it? It’s driving me batty!

You are slowly dying as you jump around — you may be losing your health. This is a Speed Jumping Puzzle. Go too slow, and you get frostbite…

Posted by: Nurgle.6597

Nurgle.6597

the map has a 30 min timer, if it reaches 0 the map will reset

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I’ve had the same issue, once when jumping into the final box. However, there was no problem with either health or the mingame timer.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Palm Tiger.8275

Palm Tiger.8275

i got the same problem, it is like you see yourself actually jump on your screen, but you are actually still standing somewhere earlier (rubberbanded back)