Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Ok, I know it’s not supposed to be easy. However, I’m having three problems that are a long way from fun and beyond frustration, so some help and sympathy would be appreciated.

1. Huge hairy tigers and chunky Norn’s – My toons aren’t large, and I can’t see when the big chaps are jumping around at the same time. Wouldn’t be a problem if there was no timer and melting snowflakes. However, it’s much worse…

2. At the stairs of exploding presents. Even if I wait a looong time until there’s no one else around, as jumping with other people is extreeemely difficult and totally random, I can’t seem to press the jump button fast enough, my old, war wounded hands just can’t take it :’(

3. And what do old people suffer from the most? WIND! Yep, it doesn’t help that I’m freezing to death (and we’re not just talking about the price of electricity in the UK here), with my health running low, but random gusts of wind keep blowing me out of safe spots.

The exploding presents and random winds are just too random, and way too frustrating. I really like jumping puzzles; as a test of skill, but the random nature of the latter part of this puzzle is provoking my PTSD….

RAAAAAAAGGGEEEEE!!!

Thankyou

This JP is actually much, much easier than it was last year. Anyway I hope these help:

1. You get to pick when and where you start. There are three different starting points, so if there are too many players on one of them, pick a different one. Playing at any time other than peak hours should also help.
  2. Just go up the middle. You have to jump either right or left at the second to last one, but you should easily make it up the middle before any of the ones you need explode. It’s not random.
  3. The wind gusts only blow on the candy cane bridge after the checkpoint. You can dodge through them, but if they’re hitting you while you wait for a snowball to pass, try standing closer to the snowball path.

And also:

• If you’re having trouble, have Tixx set the checkpoint for you.
  • Don’t get caught in the red circles on the snowball path. These are snowballs thrown by skritt that will chill you. It’s still possible to complete the puzzle after being chilled, but barely.
Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

My only negative with this is a reward. 3 stupid presents for this is just a joke. Paths getting very repetitive when you completed them several times and there is become no challenge. So why should i bother in repetitve and static JP for 3 gifts, if i can do more fun things?

THIS!
Rewards are like in PvP! Just a bad joke…

If you don’t like it, don’t do it.

The reward was never good. You used to be lucky to get a present at all.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: Grump.7069

Grump.7069

Hate to burst the bubble of all the kittens who are telling others to skip the blues. Everything you say about the presents is complete kitten. Skipping the blues doesn’t avoid the exploding of presents. Skipping the blues doesn’t give you a handful of extra seconds.

The amount of people on presents at a time and the duration the blues are active affect the explode speed of presents. IF 4 succesfully leap the blues, ALL presents will be exploding before all 4 even get close to the top. Same as 1 jumping on the blues long after they spawned, they’ll explode faster because they been around a while, but not as quick as 3+ sitting on presents.

If you want to get past em with a decent success rate, figure out a path you can hop very rapidly and wait for all the others to do their attempts. Hence, wait a week or 2 before attempting the repeater. (BTW some fool on the forum mentioned the repeat to +15 seeing only +1. No you don’t need to do the puzzle 300 times, 60 times is the cap).

Also don’t come here saying i know didly squat about the presents i’ve completed this puzzle 42 times in 2 hours. I’m just gonna wait a week or 2 to complete the last batch, hoping there will be less peeps breaking my presents then.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

With the trick not to wait for blue gifts it is easier. Still a bit hard. I recommend to always take the checkpoint and only do it for achievements.

Do these achievements even count to meta? Heard somewhere the repeatable stuff does not count.

So only reason might be to do it for some daily achievement.

Farming of course is not worth – as we already heard. Rewards are low and even if you get 3 gifts every time it is not worth because you can just do some regular PvE to get tons of more money and then buy those gifts.

Edit: And as to skipping platforms at the end: Best to time it so you don’t lose time at the first platform and can run directly to the 2nd without waiting for the 1st. Or at least so you can run to first directly before boulder is coming(and then immedietely out to the next). Bit a problem if boudler is on the way and you have to wait a long time at 1st platform but not enough to go to 2nd already.

Icicle stuff(AoE at last path) not a big deal. Run after the attack(when red circle still is up) as not to waste time. And skip last platform dont wait for boulder and run to presents to not lose time.

Wind I never had problems. Only remember at at the very start a bit blowing. Then running fast and never see any wind. Only red circle AoE at last path… and maybe after the exploding presents 1 wind thing which does not kill me often.

(edited by Luthan.5236)

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

With the presents try to be the first one to jump and do it the moment the closest red present spawns~ ignore the long blue ones, it’s a tarp… Then jump up the center as fast as possible. Most of the time it’s possible to do a straight line otherwise there may be a diagonal jump.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: Brow.9425

Brow.9425

The exploding presents…

Frustrated to tears. That’s me.

The puzzle was so enjoyable last year.

Anyway, I am slowly getting the hang of it… I just don’t like it, anymore. PvP setup makes everything uglier. :/

I agree. I did this all season last year (along with clock tower). I did not do the clock tower this year, and I won’t do wonderland this year either. Timed puzzles should not be pvp. PvP puzzles should not be timed.

Really, no puzzles should be pvp. I don’t really care about the ‘score’. Nobody does, except the dev who thought of it. And now I have even less view of where I’m jumping because I have an irrelevant team listing on the left and an irrelevant death record on the right.

People say I don’t have to do it. And I won’t. But I also won’t be doing the fun version, because Anet deleted it. That’s what the complaint is about.

Rathan Kelet — Maguuma

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’ve completed this the 60 times that’s required. I found no real issues. The wind follows a pattern that can easily be predicted. The wind right after the exploding presents can be dodged through. The wind on the last corner should not be an issue as you don’t need to go that high up on the platform to avoid the snowball.

People have various paths that they take to get over the exploding presents. Some of them pretty bad and are more prone to falling. You want to jump on the least number of presents when going up as the longer you’re doing it, the riskier it is. I’ve personally jumped numerous times with others and made it just fine.

Charr and Norn are not a relevant issue as you can choose a different path and stagger when you go. You don’t have to jump at the exact time that they do. Once you get used to jumping puzzles in general, you’ll not need to see your character to make jumps.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: YangMan.1928

YangMan.1928

Well, if you guys are saying this JP is harder than the watchtower, cool, you’ve save me the time and frustration of even bothering to try it.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

My problem with this puzzle is the PvP format. First try I apparently join a “game in progress” and don’t notice, because at around 80% of the puzzle I get this score board popping up in (and blocking most of) my screen. I click it away, hoping I can still finish. But nope, seconds away from the reward I get booted back to the start. WHY!!! When I enter a puzzle with a timer, I want a fresh timer, I don’t want to join a map where apparently someone just left. From that point I kept failing at the stairs of exploding pressies and because I already lost my motivation at the very first try, no puzzle for me this year I guess. Nice that the waiting time between tries is gone. But stupid timer should die in agony.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

My problem with this puzzle is the PvP format. First try I apparently join a “game in progress” and don’t notice, because at around 80% of the puzzle I get this score board popping up in (and blocking most of) my screen. I click it away, hoping I can still finish. But nope, seconds away from the reward I get booted back to the start. WHY!!! When I enter a puzzle with a timer, I want a fresh timer, I don’t want to join a map where apparently someone just left. From that point I kept failing at the stairs of exploding pressies and because I already lost my motivation at the very first try, no puzzle for me this year I guess. Nice that the waiting time between tries is gone. But stupid timer should die in agony.

Too much effort to look up and see how much time there is left?

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

Too much effort to look up and see how much time there is left?

No, this got nothing to do with effort. I just didn’t think of time running out, started to jump, almost finished and got screwed by that stupid timer that has no use in a JP at all. I’m sure such things don’t happen to you cause you obviously think of / notice everything but I’m not you. But thanks for the constructive post.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: Mangi.8907

Mangi.8907

I’m really trying with this puzzle, but by the time I reach the peppermint discs I’m at low health and usually drop dead there. I don’t know what affects the rate of frostbite but when you only have about 10,000 HP and you lose 193 each second, you don’t get much time.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Ayrilana.1396

You can’t stop any time during the puzzle except at the torches or to wait for the snowballs to move. It’s really easy if you hold down the right mouse button as you jump. I think one of the paths is actually pretty long as even I sometimes barely make it.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The Quaggan route? I’ve done the JP on all 3 paths and the Quaggan route seems to be slightly longer than the other two.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Ayrilana.1396

It’s whichever one is the middle. I normally take the right path.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Zaxares.5419

Really? Huh. The middle path is the Snowman path, and I use it all the time. There’s a couple of jumps where you can take shortcuts, making it the quickest path for me.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: tweeve.3782

tweeve.3782

The quaggan path is the longest, and the ginger bread man path is the shortest. The ginger bread man path I think is the hardest path because there are some tricky jumps. The Snowman path and the quaggan path both have a few short cuts that let you shave off a bit of time.

As most people have said, if you are having trouble hold down the right mouse button and use mouse turning. There is plenty of time to get to the platform before the presents, and lots of time to get up the snowball ramps. Twice this afternoon I got hit by the skritt and still made it to the end, although not with much health left. This is all on a glass cannon elemental, so yeah how much health you have is not an issue.

Another thing turn off double tap to dodge, with you hitting so many buttons its easy to accidentally dodge off a snowflake.

If you really want to speed up your times it’s mouse turning and not stopping on the snowflakes, on the larger snow flakes you have a good 2 – 3 steps before you have to jump again, that gives you just enough time to turn the camera to line up for the next jump. Is it easy, no but once you figure it out you can start passing people on the jumping puzzle.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: balto.6408

balto.6408

Erm.. there’s only a couple places where the wind even exists. Both are after the mid-way safe point… sooo not sure what you are looking at then.

Got dodge-roll bound to the wrong key, or double-tap to roll enabled?

no, its not dodge rolling, i know how to play the game. I am uploading a video to youtube but its going to take forever, ill update when its done. this wind is most definitely before AND after the midway safe point. Infact i have even had the wind blow me off the presents, off the ledge while running between boulders, everywhere.

THIS. Logged in to play some puzzle and got very frustrated. I was getting ported by the wind 90% of the time. And my internet connection is above average as well.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

The first half of the puzzle actually is the easiest. As already said you need to hold down the right mouse button constantly. And jump fast without thinking too much. Maybe you are losing time at the “short jumps”?

There are some areas where these small candy cane sticks are sticking out(2 always) where you need to be careful because the jump is much shorter. But you can learn to do this fast. Side jumping is good. Jumping sideways or forward but not directly forward(you maybe would jump too far then).

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Just FYI as I didn’t really read any comments specifically mentioning this:

The gusts of wind come from the giant snowmen. There are two. One at the Candy Cane bridge after the exploding presents, and one at the halfway mark of the winding, giant ball path (right at the giant peppermint safe spot). They aren’t random as far as I’ve seen and more on a timer. Wait for the wind to blow then go immediately and you will be fine. Hope that helps!

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

I like that it is a challenge, hate that folks who are not good at them complain about it non-stop.

I suck at the musical one, horrible at it, so I choose not to do it rather then QQ on the forums about how hard it is for me and try and ruin the experience of others who do not find it challenging.

Not sure why it matters. Get to the guy before the exploding boxes, you get one gift for opening it right away or three for successfully carrying present to the end. You can get to where the boxes explode three times probably in the effort it takes you to get to the end.

The rewards for the puzzle are meaningless this year, no daily reward, so stop crying that you are jumping challenged.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

The presents are the only really tough bit in this JP, and that’s because they seem so crazy-random. It can be hard to find an opportunity, but try to wait until you’re the only person making an attempt. I found that if you wait for a mass wipe at that point and the presents don’t take too long to come back, you can get a chance to make a break for it then.

A lot of it just seems to be luck though.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

You know, for me, it just seems against the spirit of GW2 for them to make content that makes you hate the other players around you and want to strangle them for screwing you over. With the exception of PVP, the spirit of the game has been one of jolly cooperation. But this puzzle and the clocktower puzzle are anything but cooperative.

Hind sight GW2 JP team, don’t make puzzles that make you interact with people in a negative way, unless it’s specifically a PVP activity.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: PurpleUrchin.1502

PurpleUrchin.1502

I’m sick of the snowflake part. It takes too long and is very boring. The penalty of dying and having to repeat it for, what now, the 800th time?, is not worth any reward the put at the end. I would consider trying the Jumping Puzzle if I did not have to do the Snowflake part AND THEN the rest. IMO the should be separate, then it would be worth the worthless reward.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Devildoc.6721

I’m sick of the snowflake part. It takes too long and is very boring. The penalty of dying and having to repeat it for, what now, the 800th time?, is not worth any reward the put at the end. I would consider trying the Jumping Puzzle if I did not have to do the Snowflake part AND THEN the rest. IMO the should be separate, then it would be worth the worthless reward.

snowflake part is okay.. cept when the timer screws you over and they break apart at your feet. That comes from keeping the timer from last year where everyone was going at once on a set clock rather than going at your own leisure. The present part makes you want to curb stomp the other players around you.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Ayrilana.1396

I disagree. You can complete the entire thing in well under two minutes. There’s no reason to nerf something because people want to faceroll through it. Daily achievements count towards the meta completion so there’s no need to even do the jp.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

It took me over an hour to “learn” the puzzle (wasn’t around for most of Wintersday last year), but I have since done it the 20+ times. It seemed almost impossible, but I kept trying and eventually made it and then it was very easy !

If you live far away from the servers, you might be having lag issues – or issues with too many background processes. Someone mentioned that they had had a lot of things open and were seeming to die from “wind” a lot – but it was actually lag issues from having other programs open – so they didn’t know they were about to die before they did and it seemed “random”.

I have only done the Gingerbread Path, just because it was the one I tried first. If you’re having trouble with the Snowflakes part, maybe practice by doing Spekk’s Lab ? – basically the same concept, but easier and you’ll most likely be alone if you think that would help. If you haven’t done many JPs at all – maybe do some of the easier ones, I know that learning how to do them with mostly the mouse really helped me. I used to think all JPs were almost impossible and awful, but now that I’ve been doing them, I really like them !

I agree with “don’t rush” – yes, it’s timed – but what helped me most was knowing which jumps I needed to take longer on – I usually pause on the tiny snowflakes so I don’t accidentally run off them and pause at the thin candy canes.

While I did it mostly with my Sylvari, I also did it with my tiny Asura – most people fall before them being in the way becomes an issue.

I found the “Exploding Presents” to be the most reliable and easiest part. I would jump right when the CF box appeared and just jump up and avoid any pre-exploded patches. I only died once or twice at this part after learning it – I would always pick “carry the present” because I felt pretty confident that I’d make it. I have done it with pretty large groups, too – and never experienced presents exploding so badly that we couldn’t make it – it wasn’t like I was the only one getting through, there would be small groups of us getting past !

When it comes to the AOE, once you know what you’re looking for it is easy to dodge them – but once you know the path I found I was running in front of the AOE and didn’t even need to dodge 90% of the time, even when the two AOE appear near the end – because I was already almost on the next peppermint by the time the second one appeared – if I was still in it quite a bit, I’d dodge forward and zip back to the peppermint, wait for the snowball to pass and go on.

I’m really trying with this puzzle, but by the time I reach the peppermint discs I’m at low health and usually drop dead there. I don’t know what affects the rate of frostbite but when you only have about 10,000 HP and you lose 193 each second, you don’t get much time.

We discussed this in the JP map chat once and it seems to just be a percentage – so having less HP to start with will not hurt you. You probably know that, but I just want to say it for anyone who is worried.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Zaxares.5419

For anyone who’s dying to the “wind” during the snowflake portion, that’s not actually wind gusts knocking you off. That animation (with the freezing sound) plays whenever you’ve fallen off the JP and get ported back to the start. I suspect that it’s a case of lag where your client thinks you’re safe, but the server thinks you’ve run off the edge and fallen into the void, and so ports you back.

Not much advice I can really offer for that except to exit and rejoin an instance with hopefully better ping.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Devildoc.6721

For anyone who’s dying to the “wind” during the snowflake portion, that’s not actually wind gusts knocking you off. That animation (with the freezing sound) plays whenever you’ve fallen off the JP and get ported back to the start. I suspect that it’s a case of lag where your client thinks you’re safe, but the server thinks you’ve run off the edge and fallen into the void, and so ports you back.

Not much advice I can really offer for that except to exit and rejoin an instance with hopefully better ping.

No there are definitely 2 gusts of wind once you’re past the first set of present platforms.

The worst part is you can’t dodge it, you simply have to wait, while your life ticks down.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

No there are definitely 2 gusts of wind once you’re past the first set of present platforms.

The worst part is you can’t dodge it, you simply have to wait, while your life ticks down.

Once you get past the presents its not so much a race as it is a game of timing.

#ELEtism

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, past Tixx’s platform (and the exploding presents) are two wind-gusts that can knock you off. One is just before the candy cane bridge (and this one can be dodge-rolled through to completely avoid it), the other is right at the top of the peppermint platform at the bend in the snowball portion. The second is easy to avoid as long as you don’t go to the top of the peppermint. (I honestly didn’t even know the wind there could knock you off until I saw another player get knocked off by it.)

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

The major flaw with the puzzle is the change to the exploding presents. The issue comes when there are a lot of people jumping and all the presents seemingly explode all at once. Then there are the scenarios where some presents are gone, but not all, and everyone sits there and waits for someone to jump on the presents to trigger the rest of the explosions. When I complained in map chat people told me to just wait until I was by myself to make it easier but that never happened because there was always a constant stream of players coming in.

One thing that I thought was odd was the disappearing snowflake platforms. I thought it was cool adding the constant damage because I figured it meant that the snowflakes wouldn’t disappear anymore as the damage would still make it a race. Yet, they still do disappear and waste everyone’s time.

Also I don’t like how there are rounds. I was in the middle of doing the jumping puzzle when all the sudden a screen came up blocking my screen and I was like WTF and then I got teleported back to the start.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Ayrilana.1396

There’s a pattern to the explosions. Learn it and then it won’t matter how many people are jumping. The disappearing snowflakes is meant to stagger people so they’re not all going at once. You only have to wait for like 5-10 seconds which is not a big deal. There’s also a timer at the top so don’t attempt if there’s not enough time.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: Ikaros.7219

Ikaros.7219

i wouldn’t mind doing this jp.. as long as there were no timer… but looks like im gonna skip again this year

“Raw overwhelming power. He who has it, rules. He who doesn’t, begs.”

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

i wouldn’t mind doing this jp.. as long as there were no timer… but looks like im gonna skip again this year

I wouldn’t skip it unless you are really bad at JPs. The damage ticking is slow enough that you should have plenty of time to finish it. If you haven’t mastered doing JPs while holding down your right mouse button, then yes, I would probably skip it. It’s a requirement pretty much since there are a lot of directional change jumps that can only be done efficiently while holding down the right click.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

Holy moly this thread. The jumping puzzle is perfectly fine and expertly crafted. The constant damage serves to give you a sense of urgency. The disappearing snowflakes is to break up the crowds. The presents are really the only true challenge in this JP. Wait for someone to YOLO a partial present setup (I see people make it all the time, but I’m not that good) or wait for a “victim” to fail it so the presents reset.

The single wind gust can be dodge-rolled through. I have never been knocked off by the wind gust. The rolling snowball part is really just a matter of strategically using the peppermints and avoiding the Skritt.

This JP is fine as it is. I’m no JP expert. Heck the Halloween JP probably took me hundreds of attempts before I figured it out. And you know what? If I got so discouraged that I rage quit the whole thing, I’d STILL be able to get the meta. I would just move on and find something else to do.

@Devs: Thanks for a great and challenging jumping puzzle that looks pretty freakin fantastic too!

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Devildoc.6721

Holy moly this thread. The jumping puzzle is perfectly fine and expertly crafted. The constant damage serves to give you a sense of urgency. The disappearing snowflakes is to break up the crowds. The presents are really the only true challenge in this JP. Wait for someone to YOLO a partial present setup (I see people make it all the time, but I’m not that good) or wait for a “victim” to fail it so the presents reset.

The single wind gust can be dodge-rolled through. I have never been knocked off by the wind gust. The rolling snowball part is really just a matter of strategically using the peppermints and avoiding the Skritt.

This JP is fine as it is. I’m no JP expert. Heck the Halloween JP probably took me hundreds of attempts before I figured it out. And you know what? If I got so discouraged that I rage quit the whole thing, I’d STILL be able to get the meta. I would just move on and find something else to do.

@Devs: Thanks for a great and challenging jumping puzzle that looks pretty freakin fantastic too!

The fact that you have to wait for someone who’s dumb enough to make a go for it (you know they’re just going to be starting over from the beginning) is part of the problem. You may stand at that platform for several minutes because nobody wants to go and reset the presents.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Ceallach.8740

Actually, I see people make it past the “stuck” presents more often than fall and have to start over. I had always wondered, “if they’re not going to make it, why would they do it – don’t they know they’re going to die ???” – but then I realised that they weren’t and they were making it past and were fine. I can understand being to “afraid” to do that, but once you know it’s not certain death it’s actually not any harder than jumping on a “perfect” un-exploded set.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

My problem with the JP is simply that it is not as fun as last year. They should have left it as it is. I liked having to run fast to get to the end before I froze. Now you can go slow and warm up by the farm half way. Huh?

Please stop messing up existing content and give us new content instead.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Ayrilana.1396

The fact that you have to wait for someone who’s dumb enough to make a go for it (you know they’re just going to be starting over from the beginning) is part of the problem. You may stand at that platform for several minutes because nobody wants to go and reset the presents.

Actually, you don’t have to wait. I’ve made it across with barely any presents.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

The disappearing snowflakes is meant to stagger people so they’re not all going at once.

In my experience, it accomplishes the exact opposite.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: Crusher Devourer.7923

Crusher Devourer.7923

This jumping puzzle makes me want to shake a baby.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Devildoc.6721

Hate to burst the bubble of all the kittens who are telling others to skip the blues. Everything you say about the presents is complete kitten. Skipping the blues doesn’t avoid the exploding of presents. Skipping the blues doesn’t give you a handful of extra seconds.

The amount of people on presents at a time and the duration the blues are active affect the explode speed of presents. IF 4 succesfully leap the blues, ALL presents will be exploding before all 4 even get close to the top. Same as 1 jumping on the blues long after they spawned, they’ll explode faster because they been around a while, but not as quick as 3+ sitting on presents.

If you want to get past em with a decent success rate, figure out a path you can hop very rapidly and wait for all the others to do their attempts. Hence, wait a week or 2 before attempting the repeater. (BTW some fool on the forum mentioned the repeat to +15 seeing only +1. No you don’t need to do the puzzle 300 times, 60 times is the cap).

Also don’t come here saying i know didly squat about the presents i’ve completed this puzzle 42 times in 2 hours. I’m just gonna wait a week or 2 to complete the last batch, hoping there will be less peeps breaking my presents then.

Okay, I’ll break it down. Not everyone can make the jump without the blue presents, they have to wait. If 4 people go early before the blues, any person who needs the blues will hit exploding presents when they try to go. If everyone waited for the blue, everyone could make it up.

If selfish people go without the blue, they strand people who need the blue, they will probably never be able to complete the puzzle.

I’ll have you know that Asura have slightly shorter jumps (both in distance and height) because of the animation. Often time if a jump is perfectly max height for a human, an Asura will come short of the top, but might teleport on top once they’ve hung on the edge for a split second.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Ayrilana.1396

Not true. I’ve made it over the blue presents often as an asura. All classes jump the same height/distance. The key is learning your race and how to do jumping puzzles with it.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Devildoc.6721

Not true. I’ve made it over the blue presents often as an asura. All classes jump the same height/distance. The key is learning your race and how to do jumping puzzles with it.

The technical height and distance are supposed to be the same, but the animations work out to not quite being as high or long. Thats why the hang at the edge and teleport on top.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Ayrilana.1396

The technical height and distance are supposed to be the same, but the animations work out to not quite being as high or long. Thats why the hang at the edge and teleport on top.

Well I’ve done just fine as an asura and not noticed a difference between human and them

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: ChaosKirin.1328

ChaosKirin.1328

IS THAT what’kittenting me on the platform after the exploding presents? Wind!? God that’s irritating. You can’t see it coming. There’s no method to avoid it. You CANNOT dodge-roll ‘cuz you’ll dodge right of the platform. Every single time I get to that platform, I get hit by wind. The only thing I can do is to go to the far right of the platform so I don’t get blown off. But because the wind HURTS you, that doesn’t leave you enough time to get to the end of the puzzle.

It’s the stupidest mechanic since torment.

If I’m exercising my skill in a jumping puzzle, I shouldn’t be penalized because random.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Ayrilana.1396

IS THAT what’kittenting me on the platform after the exploding presents? Wind!? God that’s irritating. You can’t see it coming. There’s no method to avoid it. You CANNOT dodge-roll ‘cuz you’ll dodge right of the platform. Every single time I get to that platform, I get hit by wind. The only thing I can do is to go to the far right of the platform so I don’t get blown off. But because the wind HURTS you, that doesn’t leave you enough time to get to the end of the puzzle.

If I’m exercising my skill in a jumping puzzle, I shouldn’t be penalized because random.

You can dodge roll. I do that all of the time so I don’t have to wait.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Just dodge forward at that single spot. I dodge every single time without seeing if there is wind or not.

Jumping Puzzle Raaage...

Ceallach.8740

Um… I did the JP quite a few times on my Asura and didn’t have a problem with making the jump without the blue presents. I don’t think anyone “needs” them. I can understand if a player (with any character race) isn’t comfortable making that jump – but they could either wait until they are alone or explain the situation and ask others to wait. As the JP becomes less popular I’m sure there will be more chances to be “alone” when the presents spawn.

As for the wind, I usually just wait for it to stop if it’s going when I get up there and I still end with 1-2000 HP.