Kasmeer lost some points among Sylvari...

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Assuming Sylvari can’t be smart? The nerve.

Attachments:

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Kasmeer is not really smart. She is a powerful mesmer, but still a dimwit. She says plenty of dumb stuff and she wouldn’t get by without Jory. It is part of her personality, being stupid and kinda childish.
It is understandable that she wouldn’t know anything about the Sylvari.

Edit: Don’t get me wrong, I love her :P
I think she and Jory are a perfect match. If they were both smart and cunning, they wouldn’t be so cool together. Not every character has to know what they are talking about, heh…

Edit 2: Also, maybe she is not dumb, just too sheltered? Being a noble and all. Still, she is a good character.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

(edited by Gabby.3205)

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

i actually like that about kasmeer she does have a personality and shows it well

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Merry Wintersday (grumble)….

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

She actually explain why she said that.

Attachments:

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

She actually explain why she said that.

Hmph! Just because we are a young, inquisitive race, doesn’t mean we lack intelligence! Why do all the other races-

Wait…what is that? -distracted- Oooooh~ Is that a firefly? It’s so tiny! How do they light up? Do they only come out at night? Or during the day too? Do they light up at day? If I stood still, would it land on my head? What does it eat? Where do they live? Can they live outside the jungle? How about in the cold? Is it a type of insect? I wonder if….

Attachments:

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I think in some ways she is like the sylvari themselves. Kasmeer appears to have lived a comfortable and privileged life of nobility. Recent events have put her into a position where she has to get out of her comfort zone and as part of that she’s exposing herself to places, people and situations that she never would have come across in her comfortable noble life, despite being a fully grown adult (not unlike a sylvari themselves). In many ways Kasmeer is still learning about the world like a newborn sylvari (both are adult-like beings that have so little life experience) but unlike many sylvari Kasmeer has been around long enough to think she knows what’s going on.

She comes off as judgemental but I think as she learns more and her character develops she will show that when armed with some experience and more understanding, her current views are just misconceptions. Then again, the writers keep writing Destiny’s Edge with no character growth(Logan is a broken record when it comes to the Queen and his loyalty to his former guild etc), I wouldn’t be surprised if Kasmeer stayed the same. It is getting tiresome seeing Marjory constantly tell us (or Kasmeer) that she’s smarter than she comes across as if it’s some big secret they are going to unveil later.